ASCOT

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as we are focussing on Nolen's stupid ride, there's no doubt she wasn't at or near her best today. I mean, Soul wouldn't normally get within 5L of Hay List, let alone BC. She didn't look herself at all. I know they'll surely bring her home now but they should leave her over there... she needed the run!
I think so. Even if he didn't sit up on her, she might have only won by a length or two, max. She is easily more than 2 lengths better than Soul. If it wasn't for her unbeaten streak, she probably would've stayed over and got much better acquainted with thier tracks. I suppose you have to consider her fragility too, and the risk of her breaking down under too many hard assignments.

Disappointing that we couldn't show her off at her best, but it could have been a lot worse.
Agreed. If she lost, just wow... we'd all be flat as pancakes right now.

This is a quote on racing post "Black Caviar was not 100 per cent in the race. We'll look at her when we get home and she might be retired," trainer Peter Moody on Black Caviar.

I hope she is OK.

The only reason she will be retired is if she doesnt come up from the run or is injured or something. If she comes up fine she wont be retired

^^ im flat right now. Sounds like she is definitely coming back to Australia, and more than likely going to be retired :( Im only just starting to fall in love with the horse..

Does look awful in that photo with the queen though.

Most of her owners are;
a) fairly new to racehorse ownership, and
b) very well off
... so you'd think they would be more than happy to press on with her if she gets back to Australia and she's ok, or it's a fairly minor issue. It's not as though they'd be thinking hard about her value as a broodmare, but of course given that she's provided them with so much enjoyment they'd no doubt be looking to take care of her.

Mate, I hope you are right. I hope she is fine and wins another 10 in a row.

Peter Moody said on Sky that he had those thoughts about retirement her last 4 or so runs and that the horse will tell him when she has had enough. So long as everything is right with her which im sure it is she will finish her racing in Australia

Peter Moody said on Sky that he had those thoughts about retirement her last 4 or so runs and that the horse will tell him when she has had enough. So long as everything is right with her which im sure it is she will finish her racing in Australia

Cheers. I'm sure Moody is just glad this expedition is over with. Maybe a third Lightning next Autumn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Moody retiring Typhoon Tracey after a similar performance when she had nothing left to prove

seth

Moody said she'll spell and head to spring carnival. The legend continues....
Yep, he said as long as she ain't injured. Will be good for racing.

Let her break the track record (officially) at Flemington over 1000m, and then retire her.

I remember Moody retiring Typhoon Tracey after a similar performance when she had nothing left to prove

seth

Can't compare Typhoon Tracey with BC, the whole Australian public wants to see BC run and farewell her at home at her best

Wowee! :eek: Phew.

Man, my heart sunk in that last 50m when I thought she was going to get done. It was like "what the * is going on? Is this really happening?" I was in shock. It was almost as if someone had tapped her, or Nolan, on the shoulder and said "OK, your race is done, stop racing", while everyone else was allowed to keep racing till the end.

I thought she was gone, as there was no sign of the line and Luke had stopped riding and it looked like she was cooked, but then the line suddenly appeared and when she crossed it I knew that she had won and the relief was incredible. I was very drained though.

I was so nervous before the race it was ridiculous! I'm not sure I was that nervous before St Kilda's recent Grand Finals! I was flicking between ch 7's telecast and the two racing stations telecasts and I think I must have heard her name about 200 times in two hours!

Hope she pulls up OK and goes again, though. I wouldn't want her to go out like that. Bring on Hong Kong!

I'm more disappointed that she won't get the world recognition she deserves. Not that it's what makes a horse or anything, but you just know all the focus has been taken away from a great win, and now looking at the ride, her apparent below average run, and Society Rock missing the start.

Can't compare Typhoon Tracey with BC, the whole Australian public wants to see BC run and farewell her at home at her best

Of course you can......mare,same stable,horse of the year,nothing left to achieve
too valuable now to even consider racing her not at her top

fairly sure the whole Australian public has seen her at her best already

seth

Of course you can......mare,same stable,horse of the year,nothing left to achieve
too valuable now to even consider racing her not at her top

fairly sure the whole Australian public has seen her at her best already

seth

Lol no you cant, go ask Joe the butcher if he knows who Typhoon Tracy is. BC is a once in a lifetime horse and deserves a farewell.

btw Typhoon Tracey had plenty left to achieve she was no super star

when the trainer says she has nothing left to achieve,Ill go with his opinion.
If you think tonight was close,just imagine if they give a farewell run & she goes 50 lengths below her best & finishes 22/23
that why its not worth the risk IMO

One of us will be right so lets have the discussion then

seth

ABC: "BLACK CAVIAR CONQUERS ROYAL ASCOT"

Guardian: "BLACK CAVIAR SCRAPES HOME"

Was nearly "LAY DOWN LUKE". Ticket to infamy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back