News & Events Ash Barty has Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

showcases how good and consistent she has been for a long period of time. a party pooper would mention covid and the frozen rankings but still.

What was most impressive for me was how she came back on tour in 2021 and won the first title back in Miami. and then Stuttgart. Then Wimbledon, all away from home for an extended period of time. Shame she never had a real shot at the US Open since she became number 1. That long period away from Australia, I feel, was a big factor in why she is quitting tennis again.

Also trying to predict what she will be feeling in 3 years time will also not achieve anything.

There's no way you can call this a retirement at age 25, no one knows...

Not sure why you don't think Ash is capable of making and understanding the impact of her own decisions.

If she decides to return to tennis at some point, that does not mean she'll regret her decision to retire now, just like she didn't when she did it the first time.

Not sure why you don't think Ash is capable of making and understanding the impact of her own decisions.

If she decides to return to tennis at some point, that does not mean she'll regret her decision to retire now, just like she didn't when she did it the first time.

The key word is retirement. She does not know she'll never play again.... She may never play again but you just can't say you're retiring at age 25.

Just say you are taking a break from the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most surprising thing about this thread was finding out that Daria Gavrilova married Luke Saville

Really dumb decision financially, all of her major sponsorship deals were signed before Wimbledon so she hasn’t really cashed in on most of her success. Her FILA deal was up for renewal at the end of this year so she is leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table.

I am sure she is not hurting for a quid right now but hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite her in 20 years

Most surprising thing about this thread was finding out that Daria Gavrilova married Luke Saville

Really dumb decision financially, all of her major sponsorship deals were signed before Wimbledon so she hasn’t really cashed in on most of her success. Her FILA deal was up for renewal at the end of this year so she is leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table.

I am sure she is not hurting for a quid right now but hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite her in 20 years
Disrespectful thing to say, just admire the champion she is and has been. No point in speculating what her motivations might have been for this decision or whether she left money on the table. I think money is the least of her priorities in life.

What a bloody good role model Barty is for all Australians.

wtf.....come from out of the blue and then some. Guess, in hindsight, her missing Indian Wells was a sign.

What a career still. 3 grand slams and everything she would have wanted. Be interesting to see what she does next.

Announcement

Australian Tennis great
That AO capped it for her.

What could have been though? She clearly has more Grand slams in her if she wants them.

One of those things where she could regret it a decade from now. I wouldn't rule out a comeback.

Gives up a career where you can make real money for something where she’d make next to fu** all. Right…
With $25 million in career earnings (never mind sponsorships and media dealings), somehow I don't reckon money would be her biggest motivator

Disrespectful thing to say, just admire the champion she is and has been. No point in speculating what her motivations might have been for this decision or whether she left money on the table. I think money is the least of her priorities in life.

What a bloody good role model Barty is for all Australians.
Why Disrespectful? Of course, it's a dumb decision financially. Whether that actually matters now or in the future is different...

This was definitely coming, she’s been talking about wanting kids for awhile and is getting a little tired of the travel.
But she’s achieved everything she can in tennis and is as successful as almost anyone to pick up the racquet.

Excited for whatever the next challenge is she picks up and dominates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back