Discussion Asian Football Organisation (AFO)

Remove this Banner Ad

mobitout

All Australian
Mar 14, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well as you know, International Football Leagues are the thing of the
moment :D

(Note: If you're wondering what that shoddy football is, it's meant to be a globe)
Countries from all around Asia formed a league called the "Asian Football Organisation". They chose the cities and countries which would generate the most crowds and which would provide them with huge amounts of cash.
The 8 teams that were selected are:
- Beijing Pandas(China)
- Moscow Knights (Russia)
- Jakarta Dragons(Indonesia)
- Tokyo Cranes(Japan)
- Mumbai Elephants(India)
- Seoul Inferno(South Korea)
- Kuala Lumpur Hornbills(Malaysia)
- Bangkok Tigers(Thailand; Should I keep going with Phuket or Bangkok?)

Right now im getting the kits and logos ready so I hope you guys will like it :)

*Logos and kits will came at a moderate pace

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the Indian team in a city with a more sports mad population, e.g. Kolkata? Ready-built venue with a capacity of 110,000 :thumbsu:
And definitely go with Bangkok for Thailand - Bangkok is more readily associated with Thailand (off the top of the head).

Come to think of it, you should switch the mascots of the Indian and Thai teams. First thought is of Street Fighter II: against Dhalsim (India), the stage background has several elephants in it:
stage_dhalsim.jpg

Whereas Sagat (Thailand), he yells "Tiger!" and "Tiger Uppercut!" when doing his Muay Thai moves. More important though is the Indian connection with Elephants.

I really like how you've got relevant nicknames/mascots for all the teams. Can't wait to see the full kits. :thumbsu:

haha for Moscow I tried to go away from animals as mascots but I really couldn't think of any so I just chose State for the time being

@UFF

How about;
Moscow Giants (refers to the enormous size of Moscow and Russia)
Moscow Dragons (refers to the basalisc on Moscow's coat of arms)

Just a couple I came up with :)
Dragons would be out as Jakarta are already called the Dragons. Giants would be a good name though :thumbsu:

I feel sorry for Moscow and how much they'd have to travel for games! :D

Good stuff with the names, looking forward to seeing the kits as usual. :thumbsu:

Meh since I've already planned out what I'm going to do for them I'll keep them here. They have now been officially named to the Moscow Knights!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back