Portfolio Melbourne Football League: Future Football… Now

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_1299.jpeg

Foundation club East Melbourne played between 1877 and 1882, are back. Wearing a Maroon guernsey with Black and White Vees that hark back to the club’s formative years. Wear your colours proud to training at Gosch’s Paddock, the Mutiny hope to find new support from the citizens of Melbourne. Playing home games at Punt Rd Oval, it’s time to stage a Mutiny and support the new City team.

IMG_1307.jpeg

Bid 3: Wanting to reach for the stars, Melton and Melton South joined forces to put forward an application to the big leagues. With a combined 22 premierships, it shouldn’t be a mammoth task for Melton United to compete. Splitting between McPherson’s, where they’ll wear Maroon shorts and Melton Reserve where they’ll wear Navy shorts, fans of both clubs will get to see top line footy played in their backyard. A new jumper was approved with a Navy, White and Maroon Tricolour, using the colours of both clubs, coming out the victor.

IMG_1308.jpeg

Bid 4: Reformed in 2023, South Melbourne were unable to use the Swans moniker and colours. The board entrusted members to choose a new nickname. With Emerald Hill being one of the original names for South Melbourne, Emeralds were overwhelmingly voted in as the clubs new moniker; with Green and White the new club colours adorning their traditional Vee jumper. Playing and training at Bob Skilton Oval, South have a joie de vivre back with the whole suburb in support of top line footy making a return to South Melbourne once again.

That's it. That's the portfolio done and dusted. I really think with the AFL Reserves competition inevitably coming in, the VFL should consider the Original 8 in a stand alone competition along with either teams I have proposed or elevating some of the best clubs from other metro leagues such as Bundoora etc. This would represent the whole of Melbourne much better even if it were 4 or possibly 6 more teams. Thanks for having a look, more ideas to follow.

Brilliant portfolio! A lot has been said about the hand drawn designs which I also love, but the concept here of an expanded state league in Victoria is very good, loved the identities you came up with for the new teams as well and Bundoora is one of my favourite local sides so it was nice to see them here. Hope to see more from you in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back