News #AskGill

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this already over? I'd like to ask him about his thoughts on why the AFL administration has nothing but total and utter contempt for what the most important stakeholders of their organisation, being the fans, actually want to see.

Like finals games the week after the season finishes?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-31/chat-with-the-afl-chief

For the fans, you can tweet questions to Gillon McLachlin before 4.30pm today (5pm AEST) to be considered. He'll be answering questions in a video tweet live from 4.30pm (5pm AEST).

tweet your questions at #AskGill or @ AFL (Minus the space between the @ symbol and AFL. I couldn't write it any other way because it would just read "AFL" with it highlighted as a link to a user on bigfooty who is obviously named "AFL")

I always chuckle when things like this come up and people get excited about getting Gilligan to answer their question. It will go like this:
  1. Tweet #1: "Gill, when are you going to do something about the unfair fixture?"
  2. "Gill the umpz hate every1 but Hawthorn."
  3. "Gill why does Luke Hodge get away with murder"
  4. "Gill #freekickhawks."
  5. "Gill I reckon you're doing an amazing job, keep up the good work."
  6. "AFL prices are too high, make it cheaper."
  7. "Gill, the people of the Gold Coast want you to commit to our team."
Followed by:

"Okay, Gill hasn't got too long to answer your questions today, so we're going to go with tweet #5 and #7. Thanks for sending in your questions everyone, the AFL wants to hear from you."

I always chuckle when things like this come up and people get excited about getting Gilligan to answer their question. It will go like this:
  1. Tweet #1: "Gill, when are you going to do something about the unfair fixture?"
  2. "Gill the umpz hate every1 but Hawthorn."
  3. "Gill why does Luke Hodge get away with murder"
  4. "Gill #freekickhawks."
  5. "Gill I reckon you're doing an amazing job, keep up the good work."
  6. "AFL prices are too high, make it cheaper."
  7. "Gill, the people of the Gold Coast want you to commit to our team."
Followed by:

"Okay, Gill hasn't got too long to answer your questions today, so we're going to go with tweet #5 and #7. Thanks for sending in your questions everyone, the AFL wants to hear from you."
... & I have referred the other questions, particularly the Hawthorn ones to Mark Evans, who is completely fair to all teams, particularly the Hawks! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back