WikiLeaks Assange

Remove this Banner Ad

JeffDunne talking about character is like today's Western MSM speaking about integrity.....One must first be in possession of it, to know what it is. Much less pretending that one is any authority on a virtue for which one is entirely lacking in.

The sum of JeffDunne 's opinions can be surmised as a random grab-bag & agglomeration of the Western liberal MSM manufactured consent.....Which swirls around in his petty brain, before being spewed out, regurgitated & parroted for what he imagines to be personal insight....Sheeple is too noble a descriptor.

JeffDunne talking about character is like today's Western MSM speaking about integrity.....One must first be in possession of it, to know what it is. Much less pretending that one is any authority on a virtue for which one is entirely lacking in.

The sum of JeffDunne 's opinions can be surmised as a random grab-bag & agglomeration of the Western liberal MSM manufactured consent.....Which swirls around in his petty brain, before being spewed out, regurgitated & parroted for what he imagines to be personal insight....Sheeple is too noble a descriptor.
Our friends here - are simply ignorant - their god given mental capacities are misdirected with far weightier subjects such as ball tampering and the revelations of pr0n stars.

No matter your political leanings or passions - how the * does Assange become the target of people's animus? I don't get it?
It is like a Collingwood supporter hating Caroline Wilson because Collingwood didn't make the finals - it makes no more sense.

In the end, Assange should be irrelevant - he is the medium thru which political information has been distributed. What condemns our friends like Jeff Dunne - is that no one - not even Jeff - has ever suggested any information revealed by Wikileaks of Assange is Wrong!

So essentially these people like our Jeff have a hate of truth. Jeff has a preference for comforting lies and detests inconvenient truths.

Jeff is not alone - this is now the essential characteristic of the Western Mind - it has been shaped and moulded to uncritically believe the most childlike bogeyman narratives. It has all the sophistication of a cartoon - there is always the villain. In this instance, Jeff has accepted Assange in the role as the villain and above him of course is the current arch villain - Putin.

Oh these cartoon plots never cease to spook these children - this our 21st century version of looney toons - Assad, the hapless ISIS, the phantom Al Qeda and the riddler Osama, the joker Gaddafi, chemical Sadam, the wizard Assange and now Gandalf Putin is above them all.

Of course for Jeff - when Western leaders embroil us in repeated failure and pure calumny and corrupt is exposed - they are merely human mistakes and frailties - their intention is never questioned. But these villains - of the wizard assange he isnt human at all - he can't be forgiven - every flaw is exaggerated and his every intention is pathologically evil.

Is there really any reasonable excuse for this gullibility - to continuously fall for these cartoon fictions as if you've never seen the show before. It's the same plot repeated over and over - there must be some kind of comfort in it - I suppose.

Again, thank you for the support. You characterise yourself far better than I ever could.

What you & others besotted with Assange lose sight of while yelling at people that would otherwise support the cause, is that Assange's new found political sycophancy towards people like Putin & Trump actually undermine that cause.

Why would anyone sitting on information that would undermine those administrations now trust Assange with that information?

We know he has in the past withheld information damaging to Putin. We know too that he has used such information to try and curry favour with the Trump administration. Worse still he has peddled conspiracy theories with zero evidence to implicate people in leaking information simply to further curry favour.

Assange's personal crusade has eroded the trust essential for something like Wikileaks to serve the purpose for which it was intended.

So people like me who once provided support no longer do. If you're too brainless to realise that then you're nothing more than a shill. The people that actually believe in transparency because all power corrupts will direct our attention elsewhere (and we are). Shill's like P35 are irrelevant.

Again, thank you for the support. You characterise yourself far better than I ever could.

What you & others besotted with Assange lose sight of while yelling at people that would otherwise support the cause, is that Assange's new found political sycophancy towards people like Putin & Trump actually undermine that cause.

Why would anyone sitting on information that would undermine those administrations now trust Assange with that information?

We know he has in the past withheld information damaging to Putin. We know too that he has used such information to try and curry favour with the Trump administration. Worse still he has peddled conspiracy theories with zero evidence to implicate people in leaking information simply to further curry favour.

Assange's personal crusade has eroded the trust essential for something like Wikileaks to serve the purpose for which it was intended.

So people like me who once provided support no longer do. If you're too brainless to realise that then you're nothing more than a shill. The people that actually believe in transparency because all power corrupts will direct our attention elsewhere (and we are). Shill's like P35 are irrelevant.
And why don't you apply the same moral screed against the NYT, The Age, the Australian....
They too are merely the taps for information. They too flagrantly follow political agenda.
But worse - these entities have the confidence of people - they are presented as the standard.
The only reason Assange even exists is because the old media has failed horribly - it is everything and so much more that what you accuse Assange and wikileaks.

Our old media has aligned itself with the Western Hegemony led by Washington/London/Tel aviv

In itself, there is nothing wrong with alliances and a level cultural solidarity whilst you retain a modicum of decency, truth and principles.

But the last 20 odd years has seen the best western traditions entirely abandoned to the kind of behaviour we expect from thugs. We are the thugs and its well past the point of denying it. The latest SKripal poisoning in London displays how fractured the trust has become - read the comments pages where they are allowed. No body buys this crap.

You would hold Assange to the highest standards of principles but give a pass to our media whilst it bathes in the sewer of calumny and mediocrity.
I am amazed how you do it.

I laugh every time one of you drones use the word "hegemony". Because that's exactly what you are, drones living in a binary world. Rarely in world history has their not been a dominant power. This is not new and will rarely change in the future. Of course those powers will be corrupted in the pursuit of maintaining that dominance.

This is not a revelation.

And why don't you apply the same moral screed against the NYT, The Age, the Australian....
I don't? That's news to me.

I treat all information with the same level of skeptism regardless of the source. Rarely do I read The Age & read the Australian or other Murdoch press even less. Frankly I don't see them any different to Wikileaks now thanks to Assange.

You know that they say about people that "assume"?

You would hold Assange to the highest standards of principles but give a pass to our media whilst it bathes in the sewer of calumny and mediocrity.
I am amazed how you do it.
It's not me with wavering standards. You should be asking the inverse to yourself and the followers of the cult of Assange.

Pretty sure the topic of this thread is Assange & not me.

I laugh every time one of you drones use the word "hegemony". Because that's exactly what you are, drones living in a binary world. Rarely in world history has their not been a dominant power. This is not new and will rarely change in the future. Of course those powers will be corrupted in the pursuit of maintaining that dominance.

This is not a revelation.

I don't? That's news to me.

I treat all information with the same level of skeptism regardless of the source. Rarely do I read The Age & read the Australian or other Murdoch press even less. Frankly I don't see them any different to Wikileaks now thanks to Assange.

You know that they say about people that "assume"?

It's not me with wavering standards. You should be asking the inverse to yourself and the followers of the cult of Assange.

Pretty sure the topic of this thread is Assange & not me.
Now, this is pure gold - not your every day kind of deranged thinking - this gold plated

Lets consider this for a moment -

Jeff is telling us - and Jeff is an intelligent person - he is telling me/us that to defend the rights to reveal publicly crimes against humanity and government corruption is akin to being part of cult! Can you fathom this!

My! My.
I am reminded of the charge of demonology at Galileo after he provided conclusive evidence to a council of theologians that the world could be circumnavigated.

Oh, yes - to provide transparency of government crime is a cult! Well done indeed!

What is with you nut jobs?

Are your comprehension skills as poor as they appear or do you assume everyone else is as brainless as your misrepresentations would suggest?
Well what is to be read into your slur
‘Followers of the cult of Assange’

It is your phrase Jeff
I don’t see how it has need misrepresented. Please elaborate -

Do you understand the meaning of the word - cult?

Yeah, the cult of Assange. Worshiping an individual rather than supporting the cause he claims to represent.

Assange in 2017 doesn't believe in transparency. He is using information provided to them for his own political ends.

Consistently he's been shown to have selectively released information (or not release it at all) when that information conflicts with how he's trying to align himself politically. He's even threatened journalists who have questioned him for doing so.

How is that any different to the media organisations you criticise? It's also why even many of his closest supporters have abandoned him.

Last edited:
Jeffs a beaut.....He'll swallow any line fed to him by the MSM narrative as the authoritative God given truth....He then follows this up by speaking of cults & cult figures, blind to his own fanaticism.....Gawd it's funny.
So says the shill.

I'm still laughing at the fact you quoted Jimmy Dore. Jimmy freakin' Dore!

Shouldn't be surprised a god bothering, conspiracy theorist wouldn't have an original thought of his own and quotes intellectuals like Dore.

Let me guess. You stack shelves for a living. :D

Jeffs a beaut.....He'll swallow any line fed to him by the MSM narrative as the authoritative God given truth....He then follows this up by speaking of cults & cult figures, blind to his own fanaticism.....Gawd it's funny.

You are utterly committed to the the purity of Assange and completely blind to his failings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So says the shill.

I'm still laughing at the fact you quoted Jimmy Dore. Jimmy freakin' Dore!

Shouldn't be surprised a god bothering, conspiracy theorist wouldn't have an original thought of his own and quotes intellectuals like Dore.

Let me guess. You stack shelves for a living. :D

So....Still unable to address the topic at hand I see.:rolleyes:

Must be time for another hour of Rachel Maddow & her MSNBC C.I.A sponsored war-drum beat of a shill-cast, I'm guessing.

$30, 000 a week to scream like a banshee for her corporate pay-masters.....And Libs lick it up like so much placebo....and this passes for journalism.

Give me Jimmy Dore over your corporate sponsored hacks everyday of the week.....At least the bloke says what he thinks & what he believes.

You are utterly committed to the the purity of Assange and completely blind to his failings.

What I'm committed to, is freedom of the press, free Speech, The first amendment & the fundamental tenets of Democracy as inscribed in the U.S constitution.

I'm not entirely sure what it is Messenger is committed to....Though it seems like it's the corporate manufactured consent of the Western MSM hegemony.....Which is utterly committed to destroying all those things that I mentioned above.

There's the lack of self-awareness rearing it's head again.

I've made plenty of posts explaining why Assange is a fraud. Your response to each would be best described as something from the Jerry Springer school of debating.

Must be time for another hour of Rachel Maddow & her MSNBC C.I.A sponsored war-drum beat of a shill-cast, I'm guessing.

Give me Jimmy Dore over your corporate sponsored hacks everyday of the week.....At least the bloke says what he thinks & what he believes.
Yeah, who cares if it's fiction?

WTF has Maddow got to do with anything I've posted. I'm guessing this is your idea of addressing the topic at hand?

Seriously dude, seek help. Your contributions are beyond embarrassing.

Yet more ad hom & now you've been reduced to repeating yourself on that score too.....This is the SRP board mate, not kindergarten.

Seriously Jeffy....It's akin to waving the white flag & admitting you have nothing to offer other than logical fallacies on tap.

Your poor argumentation skills are seriously inept & inadequate for these boards lad.

Go & get an education & get back to me when you have a clue.

LOL Dunny....Clueless as ever.

297.:)

Someone has to fight the good fight for freedom of speech & Democracy....How else will young JeffDunne learn what it is, or even looks like, if not.;)

Dunny selling himself as an authority on capacities & faculties:

Try to make one point at a time & bring it home with a logical syllogism or 2, instead of going off all half-cocked, as is your want.

Your continual exposure of your own ignorance on all things geo-politics, is rather bemusing to say the least.

Your being out of your depth & your propensity for psychological projection aren't mine.

Try to maintain focus by sticking to the subject.....That is, if you have anything worthwhile to add, other than insults & jibes.

$30, 000 a week to scream like a banshee for her corporate pay-masters.....And Libs lick it up like so much placebo....and this passes for journalism.

Yet more ad hom & now you've been reduced to repeating yourself on that score too.....This is the SRP board mate, not kindergarten.

Seriously Jeffy....It's akin to waving the white flag & admitting you have nothing to offer other than logical fallacies on tap.

Your poor argumentation skills are seriously inept & inadequate for these boards lad.

Go & get an education & get back to me when you have a clue.

The lack of self awareness is staggering.

All those posts are in the last two pages of this thread. All discussing me and nothing on the subject of the thread.

Call me stupid (again) but one has to wonder why you're so emotional whenever someone says something you disagree with (& not just this thread).

Are you taking medication?

Yeah, the cult of Assange. Worshiping an individual rather than supporting the cause he claims to represent.

Assange in 2017 doesn't believe in transparency. He is using information provided to them for his own political ends.

Consistently he's been shown to have selectively released information (or not release it at all) when that information conflicts with how he's trying to align himself politically. He's even threatened journalists who have questioned him for doing so.

How is that any different to the media organisations you criticise? It's also why even many of his closest supporters have abandoned him.
Even by your own testimony he is irrelevant
Except that he is being punished for revealing crimes
Now neither of me or you give two *s about Assange the person

The issue is that his treatment is unacceptable for one reason - that is that it is to ward off whistleblowers and others who might dare to reveal further crimes.

Thus traducing Assange only aids this awful agenda. There is nothing else to this - I don’t give too shits about Assange

What is also clear is that you give entirely no thought to the message his treatment sends. Rather you indulge in this purile personality spat about Assanges morality.

It is irrelevant to nth degree.

Seriously, consider at least some examination of your arguments before you regurgitate more of this automated script.

What is also clear is that you give entirely no thought to the message his treatment sends. Rather you indulge in this purile personality spat about Assanges morality.
You're a mind reader too? When Assange was first forced into the embassy I contributed financially to his defence fund for that very reason. Did you? I also provided support when Wikileaks was first established (not just financial). Did you?

I'm guessing the shills in this thread have done nothing more than abuse people with a different opinion about Assange to themselves (while ironically bemoaning the threat to democratic principles).

What has become clear over a period of time is that you can participate in publishing leaked information and avoid prosecution.. Sarah Harrison for example.

Assange has a path to freedom but he's too busy making himself a martyr. The Ecuadorian government have provided him unprecedented protection but he pisses in their face too while trying to portray he's living in some Gulag. He's been free to conduct his role with Wikileaks unimpeded, has been allowed to conduct interviews in person and via video link, has had access to legal representation most people could only dream of . . . but there's no money or prestige for Assange if he walks now. So he stays and makes himself a martyr.

But that would all be immaterial if he was still performing the role he's supposed to be performing. He hasn't. He's sold out to such an extent that Wikileaks is now a propaganda outlet for authoritarian regimes rather than representing whistle blowers. That's where the money is for him and (in his mind) political influence.

As I asked earlier, if you had information damaging to those regimes would you trust Assange with it? I wouldn't. He'd sell you out in an instant to his new masters. If the email leak about his pandering to the Trump campaign isn't a huge red flag to his ever shrinking group of supporters than nothing will.

You're a mind reader too? When Assange was first forced into the embassy I contributed financially to his defence fund for that very reason. Did you? I also provided support when Wikileaks was first established (not just financial). Did you?

I'm guessing the shills in this thread have done nothing more than abuse people with a different opinion about Assange to themselves (while ironically bemoaning the threat to democratic principles).

What has become clear over a period of time is that you can participate in publishing leaked information and avoid prosecution.. Sarah Harrison for example.

Assange has a path to freedom but he's too busy making himself a martyr. The Ecuadorian government have provided him unprecedented protection but he pisses in their face too while trying to portray he's living in some Gulag. He's been free to conduct his role with Wikileaks unimpeded, has been allowed to conduct interviews in person and via video link, has had access to legal representation most people could only dream of . . . but there's no money or prestige for Assange if he walks now. So he stays and makes himself a martyr.

But that would all be immaterial if he was still performing the role he's supposed to be performing. He hasn't. He's sold out to such an extent that Wikileaks is now a propaganda outlet for authoritarian regimes rather than representing whistle blowers. That's where the money is for him and (in his mind) political influence.

As I asked earlier, if you had information damaging to those regimes would you trust Assange with it? I wouldn't. He'd sell you out in an instant to his new masters. If the email leak about his pandering to the Trump campaign isn't a huge red flag to his ever shrinking group of supporters than nothing will.
That’s still entirely irrelevant
No one should load Assange with the responsibility of being some kind of savior that we have approve

That is just complete BS

How Ecuador treated him is also irrelevant

The world is a very different place now - but he played a significant historical role

He may well have taken wrong steps - he may well be even a stooge

It’s still an stupid stupid argument

Who knows how my of us may have reacted under circumstances he found himself in. That he remains alive and sane - relatively - is a credit to him.

You sound like you were in the Assange cult and feel betrayed that he doesn’t live up to some standard you have set.

But it’s entirely an inhuman standard - he is not the *en messiah - he is like all of us a flawed individual in extraordinary circumstances.

You wish to traduce him because he didn’t live up to your standard.

And in doing so you help achwive exactly what the US intelligence wants - that is shameful Jeff

You sound like you were in the Assange cult and feel betrayed that he doesn’t live up to some standard you have set.

But it’s entirely an inhuman standard - he is not the ****en messiah - he is like all of us a flawed individual in extraordinary circumstances.

You wish to traduce him because he didn’t live up to your standard.

Hardly. Most involved in the early days didn't want Wikileaks to have a figurehead. Assange wanted to be a figurehead. He wanted all the credit. His narcissism is his biggest failing. Was then, still is.

The goal was to have a source for independent journalism. So you, me, whoever would have unfettered access to material supplied by whistle-blowers. True independent journalism. "Without fear or favour".

Assange himself was always somewhat irrelevant to that goal. When Wikileaks domain was blocked and the site first taken down, thousands of people put their hand up and created mirrors all over the globe. Developers globally who believed in the cause were prepared to work on the development to create a network where there was no central server. So regardless of how many hosts were knocked out more could be spun up at a moments notice. Assange pissed on those people first because that would have made him unimportant (in his mind). He wanted ownership & all teh credit.

Then when he first ended up in the embassy, legal professionals all over the globe were putting their hand up on their own dime to help. QC's from London to Sydney were involved in countless attempts to negotiate an end to the standoff. The role of Sweden, the UK and we assume by extension the US, was reprehensible in their attempts to prosecute him under trumped up charges. Legal professionals of conscious and standing were lining up to help. One by one Assange pissed on them too refusing to entertain any settlement that might (in his eyes) lesson his role going forward.

One such occasion was when one of Australia's most respected human-rights QC's traveled to London on his own dime to negotiate a transfer of Assange back to Australia after securing government support here for the plan. When Assange got wind of the details he refused to meet him because Assange didn't want to return to Australia. No glory in that. Months later Assange started a political party here believing naively that he could win a senate seat and that would give him immunity from prosecution & he could travel wherever he liked. He had no interest in domestic politics or taking a seat in parliament - he wanted to dupe Australian voters into affording him the status and credibility he felt he deserved. The same mindset we saw with his email to the Trumps. No interest in being an Australian Ambassador to do the countries bidding. Just his.

Time and time again Assange has bitten the hand of those prepared to help him. He's still in the embassy because he refuses to budge on the role he sees for himself.

Don't believe me, read Geoffrey Robertson's comments on Assange after spending years trying to secure his freedom :

He is in many respects his own worst enemy and gives little thought to anything other than his personal mission … When not raging against enemies real and imaginary (but never including himself), he is charming and funny, and auto-didactically erudite.
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...ss-examines-his-own-life-20180309-h0x8ql.html
(I couldn't find a copy of the book online)

So now having burnt all those bridges, it would appear Assange has turned to regimes he feels will afford him the international status he craves. His actions now are so contrary to the goal under which Wikileaks was founded that it's staggering anyone who believes in that goal still supports him. The comment about him being the only true Western journalist with any integrity is so naive it's laughable.

As I keep asking and his supporters here keep ignoring is would you now trust him with information as a whistle-blower?

The answer to that unfortunately is a resounding "no". So he's now reduced to spreading propaganda because his only source of leaks is those supplied to him by intelligence agencies of regimes now using his ego for their own ends.

Sad but unfortunately true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back