Multiplat Assassin's Creed - Shadows - coming soon

Remove this Banner Ad

At least when the complaining about having a black character in 16th century Japan inevitably happens we can point to him being based on an actual historical figure. Choosing a figure that there is not a lot of information on allows them to create whatever story they want.

At least when the complaining about having a black character in 16th century Japan inevitably happens we can point to him being based on an actual historical figure. Choosing a figure that there is not a lot of information on allows them to create whatever story they want.

Assassins Creed has done one thing well and that's generally been location and "things that are considered to have happened in history", even if obscure, Ubi has generally just bottled the rest of it at random times. But the whole "Greeks were promiscuous people who shat together previously and waxed lyrical into holy shit plagues" and just how much of a bastard some peoples were, they've generally done a ton of homework to get that part right.

Take the Phoebe character from Odyssey as an example, there was a person, it was a kid, they saw remains and heard stories to make that character have that story arc with your character. So, real person in real location with fantasy story.

So people just need to chill if a rando person of colour pops up in such a place, as it's not like all Romans were white chiselled chad specimens of man for example. So WGAF.

Now you make that character like Forsaken level of cringe, then you continue to have issues the Ubi way like they had with the Syndicate release and Evie's VA where Ubi is going to Ubi.

The definition of gaming junk food. Day one purchase, I'll both enjoy it and complain profusely.

Mirage, Basim would have no hands and probably be dead before he even got crazy on his own to piss people off later...

Looks cool, I'm in.

What was wrong with Evie's VA?

So, Ubisoft pre-merge, bit of a bastard and mini Blizzard, only, to anyone identifying as female;

Meetoo hit them, hard.

Also

She was one of the "silenced" victims during that sort of time period where Ubi looked at Blizzard work culture and went "gimmie some of that".

Not even a decade ago yet...

Ubi forever need to be thankful for their research skills and for those peopel to be professional enough to not have it bleed into games for the general public to clue in, Odyssey not withstanding.

Looks interesting.

“Online play required”? I have questions.

Will that be like Hitman, where you need to be online for unlocks/gain levels, but you can still play the SP offline. Or will that be like Gran Turismo 7, where the game becomes a coaster when the online service is shut down for good?

Looks interesting.

“Online play required”? I have questions.

Will that be like Hitman, where you need to be online for unlocks/gain levels, but you can still play the SP offline. Or will that be like Gran Turismo 7, where the game becomes a coaster when the services are shut down for good?

Not what is discussed at present, seems Ubi is wanting an Infinity hub link with this release, and AC Infinity is Ubis, you guessed it;

Live Service

Game hub that is upcoming at present in that universe.

So current speculation is the always online requirement (as opposed to optional) is Shadows linking to Infinity so Infinity will need to reference Shadows. So in that sense, the latter GT7 and Crew instance where if servers goneski it's bye bye Shadows hop on Infinity situation.

Right now, all anyone knows is, it's tied to EA's lovechild of battlepass purchases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks cool but not Ghost of Tsushima cool. Ubisoft may have missed the boat on this era. Hopefully it’s an engaging story at least and not to big like Valhalla.
Will either set itself up for winning or failure with the fighting mechanism and realism v GoT as well as recently Rise of the Ronin.

Choosing 1579, late Sengoku era follows the trend of choosing a setting that was at the end of a chaotic and turbulent period. Considering the historical Yasuke is believed to have arrived in Japan with Italian missionaries there is a way to connect the timeline from Ezio via Shao Jun. Somehow I doubt that will be done though.

Not what is discussed at present, seems Ubi is wanting an Infinity hub link with this release, and AC Infinity is Ubis, you guessed it;

Live Service

Game hub that is upcoming at present in that universe.

So current speculation is the always online requirement (as opposed to optional) is Shadows linking to Infinity so Infinity will need to reference Shadows. So in that sense, the latter GT7 and Crew instance where if servers goneski it's bye bye Shadows hop on Infinity situation.

Right now, all anyone knows is, it's tied to EA's lovechild of battlepass purchases.

Ubi have come out and corrected some misinformation.

The PS Store has now corrected their information to say “Online Play optional”.

Purchase is back on. :p

--------------------------

I see the reactions have been positive :oops:

Apparently though the game is pre ordering pretty well still.

f6iWRfh.png

--------------------------

I see the reactions have been positive :oops:

Apparently though the game is pre ordering pretty well still.

f6iWRfh.png
It astounds me how people can complain about a series that's very loosely tied into history is not historically accurate. Have these stupid campaigners not played an AC game before?

It astounds me how people can complain about a series that's very loosely tied into history is not historically accurate. Have these stupid campaigners not played an AC game before?

Pretending to care for historical accuracy is just a cover, these are just the brain rotted morons that think everything they don't like is woke and the world is out to get them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back