Assistant Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, if they f’ed up, it was by not giving him technical coaching on his ball drop.
Shouldn’t have chased him, overpaid him and dished out so much draft collateral then if they then had to work on his ball drop. He was what he was and they thought he was going to be something else. ****ed up

Shouldn’t have chased him, overpaid him and dished out so much draft collateral then if they then had to work on his ball drop. He was what he was and they thought he was going to be something else. f’ed up
He was an extremely talented and exciting 21 year old who had already shown that he was a good AFL player. He was worth that price. We'd have to pay a fair bit more than Treloar's price to get one of the highly rated kids from this draft - with no more to work with and more to work on than Treloar had. To go to the next level, he needed to improve his kicking. Do we hone and work on the techniques of our senior players? Tiger Woods, despite being one of the great golfers ever, has had a swing coach right throughout his career. I think it's an area that AFL is way behind in, blokes enter with obvious technical flaws which often remain in place for their whole career.

He was an extremely talented and exciting 21 year old who had already shown that he was a good AFL player. He was worth that price. We'd have to pay a fair bit more than Treloar's price to get one of the highly rated kids from this draft - with no more to work with and more to work on than Treloar had. To go to the next level, he needed to improve his kicking. Do we hone and work on the techniques of our senior players? Tiger Woods, despite being one of the great golfers ever, has had a swing coach right throughout his career. I think it's an area that AFL is way behind in, blokes enter with obvious technical flaws which often remain in place for their whole career.
But like goal kicking, sadly, the art of the sports science prevent many of the basic basic skills being rectified. Im a bit AT fan and wish we’d kept him but my point, poorly worded and vague and still steeped in the dismay of the ‘firesale’ time, is probably more to the point that someone/s keep ******* up so many decisions and burning money and draft picks like they don’t own them.
Which they don’t, I want some accountability.

Nah, if they f’ed up, it was by not giving him technical coaching on his ball drop.

Very valid. There are a number of players at the club who’s field kicking needs work. As I understand it though it’s a tough ask to change that aspect. Doing the defensive stuff though....running hard both offensively and defensively....

Yep..........Phillips (and JDG ) also needed work but nothing ever changed. It is hard to change old habits but Stewie Loewe was an example of what can be achieved with some hard work. Set shots are a bit of a different story to on the run but he was coming off a much worse base with his technique.

Nothing ever seems to change . Gameplan wise everyone knows that on the odd occasion we speed things up we look better. Everyone knows we have no connection between our ruck and clearance guys.

We boot our best option as a clearance coach (Buddha) , don't invest in a ruck coach and send Harvs to f&^% up the one line that is solid.

It's hard to believe that someone at the club doesn't see this for the joke it is.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back