Toast Baby talk!

Remove this Banner Ad

How is your little boy now mate? Its a scary time. The wife is much better now but had a similar experience. She actually developed HELLP syndrome which is very rare and caused multi organ shut down and with her platelets dropping to 60, it was 50/50 whether she'd make it through the caesar.... Never have I been so proud of anyone though!!
Harry is growing big and strong putting on approx 100g every 3 days. A kg a month would have him leave hospital weighing nearly 3kg which would be phenomenal. Were you guys in the Royal Women's? Amazing hospital!
HELLP sounds terrifying, I'm glad mrs Wicksy is ok.
Mrs Apex actually hemorrhaged the day after our first was born. I went out to grab some morning tea for us, walked back in and there were doctors and nurses everywhere, then she was rushed in to surgery. Scariest couple of hours of my life. Can't thank the doctors enough for what they do. Without them I'd be without my wife or daughter, and be raising my son alone.

And enjoy that first cuddle.
There's nothing else like it in the whole wide world

Yeah. He's my second. His big sister just turned 4 last month.

All is good. Mum is tired, little one is fine. Came out at a funny angle and they used suction so he's got a pretty misshapen head at the minute but they reckon that'll sort itself out.

All is good. Mum is tired, little one is fine. Came out at a funny angle and they used suction so he's got a pretty misshapen head at the minute but they reckon that'll sort itself out.
Congrats Shpesh. My first had to be vacuumed too, ended up with a subgaleal hematoma (nfi if I spelt that right) and had to be under observation for 2 days. Mrs Apex was quite upset that she was separated from her baby so soon after birth.

Congrats Shpesh. My first had to be vacuumed too, ended up with a subgaleal hematoma (nfi if I spelt that right) and had to be under observation for 2 days. Mrs Apex was quite upset that she was separated from her baby so soon after birth.

Yeah my first one was vacuumed too but she came out the right way so the lump was at the back of her head so it wasn't noticeable and went away quick. He came out a bit wrong so he was going to have a funny shape already, the vacuum just made it worse because the OB got it on the wrong spot (not really her fault).

All good though. It'll fix itself.

Being separated would suck, but as long they're ok now.

How are the babies (and mums) going wicksy and Shpeshal Ed?

Bub is still in NICU. 31 weeks, 4 days tomorrow so still all about breathing and putting on weight. Few bumps in the road but overall, he's doing great.

Mum is struggling a bit mentally..... Post natal and a bit of post traumatic is my diagnosis ... But she's a trooper and is still pumping every two hours making Harry big and strong. Last update we had was that he'd gained 137g in the last 3 days which is massive!! :)

And I'm going well..... Might go along to a training session this week if i get a chance..... Hopefully Friday :)

Thanks for asking Magpie Girl

Just signed up the son to an AFL membership. Got em both locked in.

Daughter has 4 years left until Full membership. As soon as they both turn 7, they switch over to Collingwood club support.

God, I remember when I had my first one. She came out with a cone head. I was shocked. I thought it was some kind of abnormality. Shocked the absolute Shute out of me. Even after the doc said it was normal I couldn't stop thinking about it. A few weeks later it was gone has a beautiful shaped head now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And enjoy that first cuddle.
There's nothing else like it in the whole wide world
Nah, much better when they're a bit bigger and can cuddle you back! ;)

Nah, much better when they're a bit bigger and can cuddle you back! ;)
Agree. I was crook laid up on the couch on Thursday and my son came up, laid on me and gave me a big cuddle.

Best ever.

Agree. I was crook laid up on the couch on Thursday and my son came up, laid on me and gave me a big cuddle.

Best ever.

Only 2 truly bad things when it comes to kids. 1. Lack of sleep. 2. The grow up tooooooo fast. 5 years feel like a matter of months.

I reckon I might make Mrs Spartan pop out another.

We found out on the 22nd of December that we're having a boy :thumbsu:

We told the family on Christmas day but my work not being far away we went to visit my grandad, Poppy, at McCulloch house where he fought several types of cancer to stay with us. He said "That's beaut'".

On Boxing day when my Nanna came in to his room he said my name, she told him he'd been keeping secrets and he gave a cheeky grin. It was the last thing he said. Alan E King AFSM passed away on the 27th :cry:

We found out on the 22nd of December that we're having a boy :thumbsu:

We told the family on Christmas day but my work not being far away we went to visit my grandad, Poppy, at McCulloch house where he fought several types of cancer to stay with us. He said "That's beaut'".

On Boxing day when my Nanna came in to his room he said my name, she told him he'd been keeping secrets and he gave a cheeky grin. It was the last thing he said. Alan E King AFSM passed away on the 27th :cry:

RIP Alan....

That's definitely bitter sweet Helfarch. Just goes to show how fragile life can be. All the best to you and your wife for the rest of your pregnancy. I hope it goes amazingly!! :)

Little Harrison is now not so little guys.... He's gone from a whopping 922g at birth to an even whoppinger, 2472g.
Still in hospital but off all oxygen and monitoring. Just waiting for him to get stronger with his feeding before he can finally come home (he's 8 weeks old today). Thanks again for all of your support. Mum is also doing great :)

12498975_197129390636348_1520323884_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back