Ballarat

Remove this Banner Ad

:rolleyes:

Of course they have every right to celebrate, duh. Indeed, it would be remiss of them not to.

But they also need to man up and meet their commitments. We (North) were shafted by the Ballarat thing, and the Dogs have treated it with utter disdain after it fell into their lap.

Don't be so sure that your mates represent how Ballarat feels about this.

Good Friday? Yeah, we'll lose it no doubt after again doing all the work. When that happens and some people get annoyed, feel free to come back and sneer at us again.

Yeah, but why do you care so much?

North should push north and come up to Katamatite...Benalla and Albury/Wodonga.
Remember the alignment with the Murray Kangaroos. I don't even remember why the alignment ended.

This will go down as the biggest stuff up of Brayshaw's presidency.

Blame the AFL all you want, the conclusion rests squarely on Bradshaw's shoulders.

He took us to Tasmania. He tried to take up a 7 game deal down there. He was the one who had us with too many fingers in too many pies.

We only have ourselves to blame.

The Ballarat experiment was Arocca's baby. He was the biggest champion in the AFL of getting a stadium built there.

After he went, Ballarat lost it's biggest ally and our chances of holding that market were dead there and then.

Labor Government were going to put money in/ Fund the stadium for Ballarat, But Our president ( and has made it known a few times) is a Liberal voter.
So he voted for the Liberal party, putting his own allegiances ahead of the benefit of his club.

Sorry, didn't realise that being a North member meant I had to join the salty pity party that is on the lookout for any tiny thing to try and drag down the success the Bulldogs are currently achieving.

My ego doesn't need to bash another team to feel better about myself.

Is this any tiny thing? How many other points have been raised in the pity party? Get your hand off it. Look what board your on.

Is this any tiny thing? How many other points have been raised in the pity party? Get your hand off it. Look what board your on.
Yeah, did LOL at the ‘ego’ comment. It's like he's letting us know we're all in the presence of a superior being.

Anyone who believes that the Bulldogs didn't stab North in the back to grab Ballarat is delusional.

At the same time, the JB led admin of our club should have played it a lot better.

Yeah, did LOL at the ‘ego’ comment. It's like he's letting us know we're all in the presence of a superior being.

Well, if the glove fits :wink:

Once this blows over, I look forward to spending the off season reading all about the Bulldogs debt levels. Moral victory FTW.

Thats embarrassing !

I've seen worse things

d7de66b8f271801fb76225dd2ae4298a

I think it has sunk in that it was a dumb short-sighted thing to do in committing to Ballarat now that the AFL has announced that it will imminently buy out Docklands, it is a far better stadium to try and build up a 50-60k supporter base, and it should become far more attractive if the AFL provide it clean or near clean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, you're right. Another club's debt really impacts how I enjoy my own team.

Fair enough, either you don't get it or you're pretending you don't get it.

The sub-text here, and really it's not subtle at all, is that there is not a level playing field in terms of the way North is treated vis a vis most other teams. And that relates to treatment by both the AFL and the media. The Bullies have had a sweetheart run with both. We're entitled to have a discussion on this, even if some feel they're too superior to take part (but are happy to criticise the discussion, go figure).

Have you ever heard the term "cash-strapped Bulldogs"? Did it enhance your enjoyment of your own team when it was tagged "cash-strapped" in every media mention for years?

Fair enough, either you don't get it or you're pretending you don't get it.

I get it. I just think it's petty. Each to their own.

I prefer to just enjoy my team for what it is, rather than partake in scoring moral victories over other teams.

I get it. I just think it's petty. Each to their own.

I prefer to just enjoy my team for what it is, rather than partake in scoring moral victories over other teams.

And for such enjoyment, you can thank the people who didn't think the mistreatment of North that would have resulted in relocation to the GC was unworthy of standing up against.

I don't accept this moral victory crap for a moment, BTW.

I've seen worse things

d7de66b8f271801fb76225dd2ae4298a
The decision or the way the handle it?

Decision > no
handling of Boomer > yes, but when players demand to know if their playing their last games at the club maybe the club needs to implement a general rule :- If you think its your last game then treated as such.

Scott has learned a lesson in being "a players coach" ........since everyone loves Bevo at the moment.
I wonder how he would have addressed it.

The decision or the way the handle it?

Decision > no
handling of Boomer > yes, but when players demand to know if their playing their last games at the club maybe the club needs to implement a general rule :- If you think its your last game then treated as such.

Scott has learned a lesson in being "a players coach" ........since everyone loves Bevo at the moment.
I wonder how he would have addressed it.

The way it was handled.

That's the GWS game

Still think Boomer had the right to go out on his terms

Disgraceful. Just saw an interview with Peter Gordon when he essentially said the players celebrated too hard yesterday and as a result, going to Ballarat today was all just a bit too difficult for them. None of them seemed to have any trouble making their way to the Railway Hotel in Yarraville though.

An absolutely shocking display of disrespect.

Stay classy Bulldogs.

Bloody hell. That is very s**t form.

Not sure where Yarraville is but i'm guessing inner city so no to little effort required....

Bloody hell. That is very s**t form.

Not sure where Yarraville is but i'm guessing inner city so no to little effort required....
Yeah, Yarraville is the "cool" part of the inner west, which means it has overpriced real estate, over hyped cafés and artisinal bakers and dog grooming salons on every second corner.

Well, if the glove fits :wink:

Once this blows over, I look forward to spending the off season reading all about the Bulldogs debt levels. Moral victory FTW.

Lol. If north were in as much debt as the bulldogs imagine the human outcry and relocation chants we'd hear in the media. That's why people bring it up here. The dogs have enough cheer leaders, and that's not even including you.

The way it was handled.

That's the GWS game

Still think Boomer had the right to go out on his terms

Nobody has that right, or should ever have that right.

However, given Boomer's output and our desire to give Wells 2 years or give Waite another year, I would have thought we would get more output from Boomer than the other old timers that were given contracts, given how much footy they missed recently.

I am not sure I understand our desire to let some older guys go and retain others when our mid-aged group are mostly 100+ game players, it is not like we are handing over the torch to new recruits. I don't think Petrie's or NDS' form was good enough to go on. Wells, Boomer and Waite before injury were. Spud was probably the guy on the border, played great footy at times, not so great at other times, based on form you could go either way.

We could play Brown/Black/Wood/Daw, plus we have Durdin and McKay coming through... why go again with Waite? I like him and think he can contribute a lot, I am just saying for consistency sake, I don't understand why Boomer was let go when Waite was kept on. We have plenty of key forwards.

If the club did have the desire to spend 2-3 years on fixing the problems and have a red hot crack after that then you would have to pretty much put a line through anyone 29+, even if it was a bitter pill to swallow in year 1 & 2.

It just seems like a half-arsed decision in which we do not make enough change or do not address enough problems to make a difference. We are in peril of being in the Richmond zone unless we do thing properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back