Unofficial Preview Banter Thread: Dankers v Tankers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's true and you know what? It's utterly irrelevant. It's not Essendon's fault the VFL decided to have a round robin in those two seasons.

You'd be counting them if Carlton had managed to win in one of those two seasons.

Of we would, they are legitimate premierships, they are just different premierships.

Those years are just a bit s**t because they were not certified, if you like. The grand final is the ultimate test for a real premiership team, think of how many couldn't close the deal! All those Collingwood losses because they were pretenders/chokers. The best flags are fired in the kiln of a grand final.

So, they are legitimate, but they are also different

Of we would, they are legitimate premierships, they are just different premierships.

Those years are just a bit s**t because they were not certified, if you like. The grand final is the ultimate test for a real premiership team, think of how many couldn't close the deal! All those Collingwood losses because they were pretenders/chokers. The best flags are fired in the kiln of a grand final.

Different, and still counted. We have 16.

the premiership team is the premier team of the year, wether it be via a grand final or any other means.

Different but still ultimately equal.

The system still required the team to be the best over the round robin 'finals'. And, depending on how close the first and second ranked team in the round robin series were, you still very much had the potential for a virtual grand final to determine who ultimately trumped the round robin phase.

Like many of those won in the years before 1931. Up until 1931 the last game of the season was only a "Grand Final" under certain circumstances - if the minor premier utilised its right of challenge, or if the minor premier didn't have the right of challenge. It's only been in retrospect that they've all been referred to as Grand Finals.

It may be just me, but winning a flag after being beaten in a knock out game is a little hollow.

Different but still ultimately equal.

The system still required the team to be the best over the round robin 'finals'. And, depending on how close the first and second ranked team in the round robin series were, you still very much had the potential for a virtual grand final to determine who ultimately trumped the round robin phase.

There were many years pre 1931 with "virtual" grand finals.....

Or, he could at least try something semi funny in Jab Watson
Maybe he was scared he'd end up in the same spot that cheeky rascal did.

Click on that and you get:

Jab Watson

Permaban

Poor fella, he had so much potential too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. Sorry sorry.

Let's smash the s**t out of this vomit inducing vermin. It's list is a ****ing joke, it's captain a shadow of an elite midfielder, it's former captain an eye gouging, chicken wing tackling piece of excrement. it's other two #1 picks are a soft self important twat that has the nerve to ask for list management decisions before he signs, and a pock faced Lenny who can't get on the field (he smash dem god damn cats heads George).

jobe-spew-o.gif

I think it is testament to how hard he worked that game. He was run in to the ground.
That he was.

Generous observation from you, really. In the spirit of this thread I thought you were going to suggest it had been caused by darker forces, and likewise in the spirit of the thread, I thought he was spewing in hatred and disgust at the mob he was playing the week after that game...

;)

That he was.

Generous observation from you, really. In the spirit of this thread I thought you were going to suggest it had been caused by darker forces, and likewise in the spirit of the thread, I thought he was spewing in hatred and disgust at the mob he was playing the week after that game...

;)

If I wanted to go all critical about drugs I'd do that on the HTB.

Don't think it is in the spirit of the thread (title aside)

and besides, there is enough on field history between the clubs to banter about in a pregame thread.

If I wanted to go all critical about drugs I'd do that on the HTB.

Don't think it is in the spirit of the thread (title aside)

and besides, there is enough on field history between the clubs to banter about in a pregame thread.
This guy gets it.

Where's the talk about the 2011 elimination final, or 1999, or 1993?

Or hell, Jack Elliot. Harry Caspar! There's a veritable gold mine here available to both sides!

This guy gets it.

Where's the talk about the 2011 elimination final, or 1999, or 1993?

Or hell, Jack Elliot. Harry Caspar! There's a veritable gold mine here available to both sides!

I remember when I left last years QF against richmond I saw a young boy around 9-10 bawling his eyes out saying he hated Carlton.

That was just like me back in '93. I hated Essendon passionately for 10 years. Then I started hating St Kilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back