Unofficial Preview Banter Thread: Dankers v Tankers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd happily concede that the Blues did a number on us in 1999 if they had gone on and won the flag the following week (yes, that is right Carlton fans, you actually played a game the following week, remember??)

But hey ho, what do I know?! If you wanna use a game that led to a Grand Final LOSS as your lasting memory of the last 2 decades, knock yourselves out :thumbsu:

I know what I know and that I've been to many games but no game, Grand Final wins included, have given me as much pleasure as that game.

Call it what you want but I have the favourable memory.

I know what I know and that I've been to many games but no game, Grand Final wins included, have given me as much pleasure as that game.

Call it what you want but I have the favourable memory.
Big call. How many GFs have you seen them win, Harks?

I'll admit, 1999 pisses me off more than 2001. Brisbane were actually good!

Big call. How many GFs have you seen them win, Harks?

I'll admit, 1999 pisses me off more than 2001. Brisbane were actually good!

68 70 72 79 81 82 87 95 ............... a few Doss.

Loved the GF wins going in as a likely winner on most occasions but the '99 PF was just something else.

Can't explain how good it felt nor what we got into throughout the night thereafter...........wild.

68 70 72 79 81 82 87 95 ............... a few Doss.

Loved the GF wins going in as a likely winner on most occasions but the '99 PF was just something else.

Can't explain how good it felt nor what we got into throughout the night thereafter...........wild.
'68, eh...so you'd be one of the few Carlton supporters on the site who can actually claim to recall beating Essendon in a grand final. You're in rarefied company there, Harks.

I'd like to say I had a wild night after '93, but the wildest I would have got was an extra drink or two of Fanta. I remember it, but I was very young.

'68, eh...so you'd be one of the few Carlton supporters on the site who can actually claim to recall beating Essendon in a grand final. You're in rarefied company there, Harks.

I'd like to say I had a wild night after '93, but the wildest I would have got was an extra drink or two of Fanta. I remember it, but I was very young.

I went to the '93 GF never feeling as confident for a win as for that day..............didn't work out well, did it? :)

Really wanted to get the pain out of the way as quick as possible by calling all my Essendon mates on my Motorola brick to congratulate them.

Once that was done, I went home to sook with a few mates (VB, Fosters and Carlton Draught)

I went to the '93 GF never feeling as confident for a win as for that day..............didn't work out well, did it? :)

Really wanted to get the pain out of the way as quick as possible by calling all my Essendon mates on my Motorola brick to congratulate them.

Once that was done, I went home to sook with a few mates (VB, Fosters and Carlton Draught)
Fosters! Back in the days when you could still actually find that easily in Australia.

Motorola eh? One of those ones with the massive foldable and retractable antenna? Ah, those were the days...

Essendon's* nemesis could be back this week. Included on the extended bench.

images

images

images

I think Dempsey's training might have been affected by his fear of the man mountain running him down again.... hence being sent to the VFL

Carlisle will be packing it too, didn't want a bar of the contested ball that led to Levi's GOTY nomination in 2012

images

images

images

I think Dempsey's training might have been affected by his fear of the man mountain running him down again.... hence being sent to the VFL

Carlisle will be packing it too, didn't want a bar of the contested ball that led to Levi's GOTY nomination in 2012

That goal was a bigger insult to the laws of physics than JFK's magic bullet. Never again will we see Levi kick a goal like that.

Excuse me if I'm not shitting myself at the thought of Levi wandering around for his career average 9 touches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

images

images

Was he the one that your brave fearless leader Juddikins, crusader against the evils of pollution and hot chips, the man who bravely spoke up against legal and controlled supplementation, watched as he was tied down and poisoned with alcohol against his will?

images

images

images

I am glad you added his name in down the bottom or I wouldnt have even know who the player in the pics was

Yes, hard to discuss the year that follows 92'. Took solace in Jim beam and Jooce nightclub Ringwood. Met a beautiful lady*

*source unconfirmed

Yes, hard to discuss the year that follows 92'. Took solace in Jim beam and Jooce nightclub Ringwood. Met a beautiful lady*

*source unconfirmed
You're welcome to discuss 1993 with us anytime. ;)

An entertaining read, this thread. My hatred of the scum developed at an early age, fuelled by family rivalry. St. Kilda Dad, carlton Mum, Collingwood older brother, me ( EDFL zoned and proud ), and a sooky carlscum younger brother.

The little prick would gloat like all * if his cheating filth allegience happened to win, and as passionate supporters do, would crack the living shits when they lost. Essendon and carlscum games often led to real blood being drawn in my house. He was, like most of his ilk, an irrational feral, who didn't care about process, just winning.

When I found out in the mid 2000s he had jumped off carlscum, and started barracking for the mustard pots, I pissed myself. I asked him if I could rip up his " blue-boy " toy. The dirty turncoat let me do it in front of my family. It was a life-changing day for me, I never thought it was possible to change your ethos and soul, but clearly it is, if you support a rabble that covets success over pride and ethics.

I've told my tribe, by all means drape my coffin with as much EFC regalia as possible, but remove it all before cremation. And to fill my coffin as full as you can with carlscum s**t so it burns, and is useless to any one of their pox-ridden, corrupted, corpulent, gangster connected, filthy, swindling, low-life, no ethic supporter base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back