• I kind of believe it.

• What were they thinking?

• Get over it, SJWs!

• Leave Barry alone!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

O

Ok sorry apologies.
Sorry, post deleted. For some reason my sarcasm doesn't translate on this board.

Without the sarcasm: Hall's comments were unacceptable. Louis CK has serially stripped and masturbated in front of underlings and has had shows / gigs / jobs cancelled because of this.

Sorry, post deleted. For some reason my sarcasm doesn't translate on this board.

Without the sarcasm: Hall's comments were unacceptable. Louis CK has serially stripped and masturbated in front of underlings and has had shows / gigs / jobs cancelled because of this.

Yeah Louis CK is a funny dude, who did (does?) actual physical actions that are morally wrong. He's a piece of s**t and abused his power and should be called out on it. Still a funny dude.

Barry Hall is not funny. He SAID something which was idiotic and clearly out of line.

The first one is far worse.

I've never heard anyone say that at a pub or a bbq, let alone live radio. How many dog acts does man get? Coward punches all through his career, even against amateurs in the country. Who says to their mate on live radio when kids are listening, "the obstetrition was a good looking rooster' .That's bad enough, but then follow up with ' when his hands come out he licked his fingers'. So he's describing a digital rape by a health professional checking the health of a baby. Your mates must be fuxked up campaigners.
Of course you've never heard anyone say this specific example. But, it's pretty common for blokes to try outdo each other with disgusting jokes at the pub or a bbq or whatever. Ever listened to Rodney Rude, Jim Norton, Dave Attell, Anthony Cumia etc.? All have said much worse, but in a different setting and without the PC police being a buzz kill it's hillarious. The faux outrage and amounting what he said to condoning sexual assault and rape is what really shits me. Like we all get to decide what his intent was. Please.

He certainly shouldn't have said it on air in a family friendly timeslot. But that doesn't mean what he joked about or similar topics are off limits period.

This is PC out of control and womens Libs groups wet dream to get noticed.

Not sure why it has to be explained that in 2018 comments like Barry's (and the response or lackthereof in the box) in public just reinforce and perpetuate the s**t knuckle dragging behavior for the deadshits who have less respect for women and might take things further.

Why to campaigners have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and get all flustered anytime they get called out on it?

Last edited:
Of course you've never heard anyone say this specific example. But, it's pretty common for blokes to try outdo each other with disgusting jokes at the pub or a bbq or whatever. Ever listened to Rodney Rude, Jim Norton, Dave Attell, Anthony Cumia etc.? All have said much worse, but in a different setting and without the PC police being a buzz kill it's hillarious. The faux outrage and amounting what he said to condoning sexual assault and rape is what really shits me. Like we all get to decide what his intent was. Please.

He certainly shouldn't have said it on air in a family friendly timeslot. But that doesn't mean what he joked about or similar topics are off limits period.
Why don't you ask the women in question what she thinks about that going out to thousands of people ?

I’m glad someone said this. I heard the audio and this was the first thing I noticed after the disgusting remark. Pack of ******* animals.

The lot of them were walking the highwire with it. Barry just decided to take a nosedive and there wasn't a net. It sounded like they showed up for work after a few hours at the pub, or they were trying to raise awareness of concussion in footy. Maybe triple M needs to hire a nun like the one from the Blues Brothers to stand at the back of the broadcast booth.

Not sure why it has to be explained that in 2018 comments like Barry's (and the response or lackthereof in the box) in public just reinforce and perpetuate the s**t knuckle dragging behavior for the deadshits who have less respect for women and might take things further.

Why to campaigners have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and get all flustered anytime they get called out on it?

How would you know how he treats women in his life? And you think his comments will incite people to "take things further" come off it...
He made a vulgar comment which was a piss take to gee up Montagna it was a poor comment and went too far, it was also the wrong platform for said comment.
But people like you try to turn everything into more then what it is, into some moral high ground stance that will filter across all men and feel they should have him hang drawn and quartered. He made a poor comment in bad taste move on.

How would you know how he treats women in his life? And you think his comments will incite people to "take things further" come off it...
He made a vulgar comment which was a piss take to gee up Montagna it was a poor comment and went too far, it was also the wrong platform for said comment.
But people like you try to turn everything into more then what it is, into some moral high ground stance that will filter across all men and feel they should have him hang drawn and quartered. He made a poor comment in bad taste move on.

It's not about demonizing him at all, its about educating, which is a sad fact in these social media times that people get more obsessed in defending their opinions rather than the issue itself.

Triple M had a gilt edged opportunity to have has some well educated discussion on appropriate behavior. You may feel that him getting the flick wasnt appropriate, not sure you can argue that 'no big deal, just move on' is the appropriate response either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about demonizing him at all, its about educating, which is a sad fact in these social media times that people get more obsessed in defending their opinions rather than the issue itself.

Triple M had a gilt edged opportunity to have has some well educated discussion on appropriate behavior. You may feel that him getting the flick wasnt appropriate, not sure you can argue that 'no big deal, just move on' is the appropriate response either.

I think an apology to Mrs.Montagna would of sufficed and maybe a re-education with MMM management about was is appropriate conten/potentially a "stand down" period (but permanent?). Definitely not the s**t storm it has created and the running demonising of him and "white bogan australia", like you think wife beaters/rapists/abusers/derogatory comments etc don't exist cross all sections of society!:rolleyes:

I think an apology to Mrs.Montagna would of sufficed and maybe a re-education with MMM management about was is appropriate conten/potentially a "stand down" period (but permanent?). Definitely not the s**t storm it has created and the running demonising of him and "white bogan australia", like you think wife beaters/rapists/abusers/derogatory comments etc don't exist cross all sections of society!:rolleyes:
I hate the hard left war on white men, but this is different. Hall on radio said something very dirty and all because people say crap like this is private doesn't mean he is the victim.

Honestly I don't want to be educated by sanctimonious media figures. Almost everyone accepts that the joke was off colour and delivered in the wrong venue. But the hysterical reactions from some are completely over the top. If I want to hear a finger-wagging sermon, I can head to church and listen to Reverend Lovejoy drone on about the moral decay of society, along with Helen's "won't somebody please think of the (women and) children!".

No worries ,I was used to reading pro barry hall posts on this thread and forgot there were intelligent posters , all the best Charlie Curnow is gonna be a gun.

I had another listen to the start of the show. Howard said something like, in a chuckling tone:
"...there's been some confusion a minute before the show about what we are and aren't able to go to air with...still being sorted out", so I assume there was some planning about the "skit"

Back