Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of irrelevance I think the only way Russ gets back to a contender is with a huge salary drop and accepting a much more limited role - maybe an energiser coming off the bench type thing. He will never again be the primary guard for a contender and possibly not even a starter.
That's a pretty interesting concept. He's still got 43mil this season, 45mil next season and a player option for 47mil the year after. It's something actually be a pretty cool reclamation for him late in his career if he declined that 47mil and took a really small deal to play that sort of role. I guess the worry is if by then his injuries really catch up with him and destroy his athleticism because he sure as s**t doesn't have the Bball IQ or skills an elite role player would have like shooting to overcome not being a transition freight train.

That's a pretty interesting concept. He's still got 43mil this season, 45mil next season and a player option for 47mil the year after. It's something actually be a pretty cool reclamation for him late in his career if he declined that 47mil and took a really small deal to play that sort of role. I guess the worry is if by then his injuries really catch up with him and destroy his athleticism because he sure as sh*t doesn't have the Bball IQ or skills an elite role player would have like shooting to overcome not being a transition freight train.
He’ll be an athletic marvel for a while barring injury. Like LeBron his athleticism is so off the charts that even with a 20% reduction it’s still elite. Now Russ may actually need to be more than an elite to be effective because he’s no CP3 when it’s comes to the other stuff. Even Melo will be able to hit jumpers until he’s 50....what DOES Russ do when he slows down?

It’s really hard to see a contending team that wants him and even harder to see him agreeing to a limited role. Maybe we are underselling the Washington situation....might be a good foil for Beal and has the shooting of Bertans as well. Maybe Russ gets them to 45 wins and playoffs - which I think they would take. One thing about him - he will never take a night off.

He’ll be an athletic marvel for a while barring injury. Like LeBron his athleticism is so off the charts that even with a 20% reduction it’s still elite. Now Russ may actually need to be more than an elite to be effective because he’s no CP3 when it’s comes to the other stuff. Even Melo will be able to hit jumpers until he’s 50....what DOES Russ do when he slows down?

It’s really hard to see a contending team that wants him and even harder to see him agreeing to a limited role. Maybe we are underselling the Washington situation....might be a good foil for Beal and has the shooting of Bertans as well. Maybe Russ gets them to 45 wins and playoffs - which I think they would take. One thing about him - he will never take a night off.
Oh yeah, they'll definitely be good enough to be like a 5 - 8 seed, they could be a pretty high powered offense. Their issue is they're all turnstiles on the other end. I really like Rui Hachimura as well dating back to when he played for Japan vs Australia in the FIBA world cup qualifying games. They'll be pretty fun to watch tho, love Bertans, that campaigner just fires them from anywhere.

Oh yeah, they'll definitely be good enough to be like a 5 - 8 seed, they could be a pretty high powered offense. Their issue is they're all turnstiles on the other end. I really like Rui Hachimura as well dating back to when he played for Japan vs Australia in the FIBA world cup qualifying games. They'll be pretty fun to watch tho, love Bertans, that campaigner just fires them from anywhere.
Didn't they have one of the most efficient offences in the league last year? I'm sure I remember reading something about that....

Wall wasn't part of it anyway and now you insert Russ.....it should get better, although chemistry is a funny thing and Russ is a funny guy. I think a 5 seed is too high but 7-8 seems possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's crazy how aggressive the turnover has been on the Pistons. 4 of the starting 5 are new additions today.

Is he attending Brick City University again?
It's not even just that, he's such a slow decision maker. He'll get it and take so long to assess what's going on, give up wide open 3s to dribble into contested twos, just ram into guys and turn it over through a charge. And he can't even get by anyone to create easy buckets for himself or for kick outs.

There is nobody in the league I would trade Jayson Tatum for. Give him 10 years Ainge. Just do it. Though it probably shouldn't have gotten that close...

It's not even just that, he's such a slow decision maker. He'll get it and take so long to assess what's going on, give up wide open 3s to dribble into contested twos, just ram into guys and turn it over through a charge. And he can't even get by anyone to create easy buckets for himself or for kick outs.
Doc was quoted the other day talking about how he plays best when he does exactly the opposite of what you describe and how he doesn’t understand why he is t playing that way now. Hopefully he gets him back playing that way again.

Also Jeff Teague is a very handy pick up to come off the bench.
For now, the this is the "whoa, Jeff Teague can dribble and is making shots" honeymoon phase that most get sucked into. I suspect you'll start riding the slopes on the Jeff Teague ride soon enough.

Doc was quoted the other day talking about how he plays best when he does exactly the opposite of what you describe and how he doesn’t understand why he is t playing that way now. Hopefully he gets him back playing that way again.

I'll be honest, I don't see it happening. I heard that Doc quote as well and I just don't think he's ever been that guy. He had a nice 1.5 seasons with Doc where it looked like he might be ascending that guy who could be a 40% 3pt shooter and get his in pnr but I think that's the anomoly of his career rather than what he was going to keep being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back