Fixture BBL 2021/22 Fixture

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast

Nice, looks like the Scorchers asked for home final(s) to be played at Marvel and the request was approved.

Grozzy

Debutant
Feb 6, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Has anyone gone through each club and worked out how the changes have affected their members? Thunder members will only get 3 of their 5 games. And receive a 25% credit for next year

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
It is a fact that covid has now cost the stars finals chances. Shouldn’t have forced us to play when all our players were out because of covid.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I like how four teams (Hurricanes, Sixers, Thunder, Scorchers) have lost home games because of this decision and yet its a really bad thing for the Stars.
We won’t even get a chance to win the flag (no finals) because CA forced us to play when we have all our team out with COVID

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
Good that would have been BS. If he had a contract from the start of the year like Carey, Head, Lyon etc then fair enough but can't just parachute someone in like that for finals.
It’s an insult to the players that have got them there. Could you imagine a player like a Jordan Silk having to make way for Steve Smith.

I reckon in future there needs to be some sort of deal whereby you have to play a minimum number of games In the regular season. Eg 3 games in a 14 game season or 2 games in a 10 game season.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Good that would have been BS. If he had a contract from the start of the year like Carey, Head, Lyon etc then fair enough but can't just parachute someone in like that for finals.

Should be a cutoff date for signings, if he was on their list even on a minimum wage deal it would be fair game.

Did see a reasonable point elsewhere, Steve Smith has played for the sixers since day dot and they're worried about 'integrity' yet Avendano has played 2 games for another team this season.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
It’s an insult to the players that have got them there. Could you imagine a player like a Jordan Silk having to make way for Steve Smith.

I reckon in future there needs to be some sort of deal whereby you have to play a minimum number of games In the regular season. Eg 3 games in a 14 game season or 2 games in a 10 game season.

3 games minimum would be fair with some sort of discretion for injured players i.e I think Joel Paris played two games for the Hurricanes before getting injured. If he was now fit for the finals it would be unfair to exclude him but test players coming back that don't have a contract can GTFO.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rightly so. There's no issue with Nathan Lyon playing as he is contracted to the Sixers and he's played a home and away game for them.

Steve Smith isn't contracted to the Sixers so how on earth so they think he should play for them?
The scary thing is Smith could have easily been considered for that final game of the regular season- the same game Lyon appeared in - game 14.

There needs to be a clear cut off. I do understand with the NZ series abandoned it left more 'free time ' for the players. There should be clear negotiations and time frames about the players available say at least 3-4 weeks ahead of schedule. The integrity of the comp is important but I dont blame the Sixers for doing what they did by at least asking.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Im not a fan of : Travis head, Nathan Lyon (who played the 14th game), Labuschagne (who played Brisbanes 14th game), Carey or Jhye being considered. I know Boland played 1 game earlier in the campaign- still I have my questions on whether he should be part of it.

Definitely needs a cut off, and if the players dont have enough to fill in with players- because of a situation like covid, then you go to the recruitment pool.

Back