Beatles- Now and Then released

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way on earth that this track would have been considered good enough to appear on any of their albums.

George Martin would have given it a quick listen (quick, because you can hear/feel how bad it is right from the opening bars) and then pointed straight to the bin. "It belongs in there."

Now And Then? Never again!

There is no way on earth that this track would have been considered good enough to appear on any of their albums.

George Martin would have given it a quick listen (quick, because you can hear/feel how bad it is right from the opening bars) and then pointed straight to the bin. "It belongs in there."

Now And Then? Never again!
He should've pointed to the bin on about half their output then.

So you rate 'Now And Then' right up there with The Beatles' best???

Tell me which Beatles tracks you reckon 'Now And Then' surpasses.

Or maybe you just hate The Beatles.
I don't think much of the song no, I just think they are a vastly overrated band with tons of filler in their catalogue.

Rocky Raccoons 'n Number 9's 'n Beep Beep Yea's.. tons of trash I could go on.

I don't think much of the song no, I just think they are a vastly overrated band with tons of filler in their catalogue.

Rocky Raccoons 'n Number 9's 'n Beep Beep Yea's.. tons of trash I could go on.
Ok, so you don't rate The Beatles.

Therefore, in musical terms you are insane ;)

P.S. I agree not everything they did was great but their best is still better than 99.9% of what passes for pop music these days.

It was 60 years ago today ...

… 9/2/64 in the U.S. (but 10/2/64 in Australia), that the Beatles conquered America with their historic appearance on the Ed Sullivan show - and an unprecedented 45 million sets and 78 million viewers tuned in. Not that they knew at the time, but American (and thus world) music and culture was about to be irrevocably altered -

Only 2 moths earlier, they were unknown in tne USA, but by the time they crossed the Atlantic to New York to appear on the show, their first U.S. single, ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’ had shot up to # 1 on the charts. This TV performance marked both the start of “Beatlemania” in the U.S. (having already started in Europe), and the “British Invasion” of pop/rock in the 1960’s -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back