Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually on the example of it clearing up that I’m thinking of I may have added some pectinase before I aged it, hence why it probably cleared up. It was such a long ageing period though that I couldn’t say what caused it to clarify exactly.

Hazy pale time tomorrow. Week off work. Time to brew.

going to be my first hazy pale (~5.5%) attempt. Definitely not NEIPA territory but keen to see if i can make a super juicy version of a standard pale that isn’t trying to be milky/sweet/creamy
Easy- just a standard PA with obscene amounts of dry hops. Loving Nelson Sauv atm for this type of beer, when used as the dominant hop it gives amazing stone fruit and tropical fruit (Mangos) aromas and flavours.

Easy- just a standard PA with obscene amounts of dry hops. Loving Nelson Sauv atm for this type of beer, when used as the dominant hop it gives amazing stone fruit and tropical fruit (Mangos) aromas and flavours.
I've stupidly never used Nelson yet. It keeps slipping my mind when i'm buying hops...

I've stupidly never used Nelson yet. It keeps slipping my mind when i'm buying hops...
I used it very early on in my brewing days. Got a winey reisling flavour which I didnt like. Only just rediscovered it after having a heap af great Kiwi beers loaded with it. I think the trick is to use it either in the background at <20% or let it dominate at >75%. I have been letting it dominate and have really liked the beers. Matches well with Mosaic but reckon it would also be great with some of the kiwi hops like riwaka, Kohetu etc.

Last edited:

I used it very early on in my brewing days. Got a winey reisling flavour which I didnt like. Only just rediscovered it after having a heap af great Kiwi beers loaded with it. I think the trick is to use it either in the background at <20% or let it dominate at <75%. I have been letting it dominate and have really liked the beers. Matches well with Mosaic but reckon it would also be great with some of the kiwi hops like riwaka, Kohetu etc.
Kiwi hops are the s**t. I love motueka and kohatu. I've used hallertau blanc before which i think is similar to nelson in that winey regard. really liked it.

Fat Yak is one of the worst beers I've ever tasted (these days).They definitely changed the recipe.

Had some work NoR and was heading back to the office past Cellarbrations in Carlisle, they were unloading the new Feral West Coast IIPA birthday cubes! Grabbed a single for me and a 4 pack for a gift for a mate. Let's see if it lasts...

Fat Yak is one of the worst beers I've ever tasted (these days).They definitely changed the recipe.

Had some work NoR and was heading back to the office past Cellarbrations in Carlisle, they were unloading the new Feral West Coast IIPA birthday cubes! Grabbed a single for me and a 4 pack for a gift for a mate. Let's see if it lasts...

Yeah it's trash these days

The Hopfewiessbock has hit the keg at 9.3% abv. Got a better than expected efficiency and attenuation. Its tasting pretty good but will need a few weeks to smooth off the alcoholic edge.

CM9000 how did yours turn out? Did it need a bit of time in the keg?

The Hopfewiessbock has hit the keg at 9.3% abv. Got a better than expected efficiency and attenuation. Its tasting pretty good but will need a few weeks to smooth off the alcoholic edge.

CM9000 how did yours turn out? Did it need a bit of time in the keg?

Currently not in the business of home brew, however, I have been getting on the subs quite massively lately. Gotta frequent that thread more actually.

Sorry mate that tag was meant to be for Spacey.
Not with it today.
FKASC how did yours go?
Lol at the wrong tag. Unsurprisingly you still got a Like from CM9000

Mine was much lower gravity - around 6% I think - but I was pretty happy with it. It was a banana bomb at first and tasted a bit extreme with the dry hop, but it mellowed out after a week or so.

Happily once it mellowed a bit the ester/hop flavour ended up merging as one and stayed fairly constant over the next few weeks. It’s almost empty. Going to brew something similar again though I reckon I’ll it all back a bit and just give it a single hop that complements the banana

It wasn’t very much like the Schneider Weisse hopfen but still a good beer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many beers I want to brew.

Crushable Kolsch/pils
Kettle sour with berry or passionfruit
Hoppy Belgian wit
More saisons
Schwarzbier / black lager

what’s on your lists?

CM9000

Just cracked a saison for a test (also 4 other beers deep) and it's *en unbelievable. So much strawberry (legit smells like Ben and Jerry's strawberry cheesecake) and is gonna be *en incredible in a couple of weeks when it's ready. Like the biggest chopping board filled with blue cheese and quince w***er beer ever.

My upcoming list:

November: Bohemian Pilsner
December: Belgian Wit
January: Kolsch
February: Pale Ale with Kveik
March: Belgian Dark Strong

The Kveik is in the fermenter sitting at 35 degrees.
I'm a bit worries it's gonna make a mess of my fridge 😬😬
I don’t know if it gets that foamy. Should be fine

this reddit thread might give you some ideas:

I think it will go well in a hoppy pale ale.

I actually crash chilled it to 35 added the yeast then ive got a heat belt plugged into my temp control. When I checked this morn it was on 30 degrees I'm spewin it dropped but it should be fine from now on I hope.

LOL feeling kinda dumb now, makes sense get it to 35 after the boil for some reason I'm thinking you chilled to 20 and went back up.

Bubbling away pretty damn quick as of 7a.m.
Only been in there for 8hours.
It also smells great!
20201030_063015.jpg 20201030_063029.jpg
BTW when I took a hydro reading my tap ****ed up and spilt a bit of wort in the fridge. Cleaned it up after the photo...I'm not a grub I promise 😉😉

Attachments

• 20201030_063026.jpg
    20201030_063026.jpg
    811 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Bubbling away pretty damn quick as of 7a.m.
Only been in there for 8hours.
It also smells great!
View attachment 998591View attachment 998593
BTW when I took a hydro reading my tap f’ed up and spilt a bit of wort in the fridge. Cleaned it up after the photo...I'm not a grub I promise 😉😉
Lol I’m messy as. I’d fail as a pro.

Wouldn’t worry at all about it dropping to 30. She’ll be finished in another couple of days, I imagine. One of the reasons people love kveik is how stupidly fast it finishes and (mostly) cleans up. It’s not a super clean yeast but basically it won’t matter if you wait 4 days or 14 - it should be completely done either way.

Lol I’m messy as. I’d fail as a pro.

Wouldn’t worry at all about it dropping to 30. She’ll be finished in another couple of days, I imagine. One of the reasons people love kveik is how stupidly fast it finishes and (mostly) cleans up. It’s not a super clean yeast but basically it won’t matter if you wait 4 days or 14 - it should be completely done either way.

* yeah

Back