News Bell re-signs for 2 years

Remove this Banner Ad

So the players hate Mick. :rolleyes:

Well done Tom! :thumbsu:

Bell says playing under three-time premiership Mick Malthouse over the past two seasons has been the latest stroke of luck in his unlikely AFL career.

"He is a bit of a hard taskmaster," Bell says of Malthouse.

"I've actually really enjoyed playing under him over the past couple of years, especially this year when he has given me a really good opportunity to play senior football.

"I'm really grateful to have him as a coach at the moment and obviously for the next couple of years."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-16/blue-bell-to-go-on

Yep, they HATE him.

asif bell wouldnt resign?? who is going to pick him up, did richmond reject him?

im only interested in Menzel, when is this going to happen??
Well I for one am rapt with this signing and would suggest a few clubs would have been sniffing around for a raw and very tough inside midfielder.

good to hear. looked like it may have been a big year for him trying to secure a spot in the best 22 but injuries stopped that. then being misused often as a sub. so hopefully can work on his deficiancies (of which there are quite a few) and make a real player of himself.

I had a feeling he may have looked elsewhere so glad he stayed.

Yeh, didn't someone say back in like June that Robbo & Bell won't sign the contracts we offered?

That would be me. It would have been around April, not June, And I didn't say they WON'T sign them.

CBF going back to look for the actual post to quote it. But fairly sure I said contracts were on the table for them, but they were putting off signing them for the time, as they were not 100% happy with them.

And as for him not being to fond of Mick. Well.. won't bother commenting on that.

Interesting McKay refers to his running/pace.
It's his best attribute IMO even more than his hardness
It was evident in the final last year as late in the game he was one of the few players who just kept running and getting to contests
A lot to work with there but he needs to find a lot more of it, that's the rawness - lack of nous

That would be me. It would have been around April, not June, And I didn't say they WON'T sign them.

CBF going back to look for the actual post to quote it. But fairly sure I said contracts were on the table for them, but they were putting off signing them for the time, as they were not 100% happy with them.

And as for him not being to fond of Mick. Well.. won't bother commenting on that.

All good.

But I didn't say you said they hated Mick.

asif bell wouldnt resign?? who is going to pick him up, did richmond reject him?
Essendon were allegedly interested at the time of his previous re-signing. It wasn't the Dogs who have a lot of mids. Someone posted that on here.

Offers a fair bit with his intensity and repeat efforts. Might be better suited to a defensive forward role as he develops.

All good.

But I didn't say you said they hated Mick.

Not a worry. Wasn't having a go at you. Hope it didn't come across that way.

Just dug up my post out of my own curiosity. Was May 1st.

Obviously the water has gone under the bridge for Bell. I will try to find out where Robbos is at as well.

Bells finger no where near good to go, no idea why even named as an emergency. Carlton pushing him to get back and play, but he has no confidence in it yet.

Contracts on the table for Robbo and Bell. They are not 100% happy with the contracts yet, still a fair bit of water to go under the bridge.

Also apparently a few of the boys not happy with Mick.

*cue shooting the messanger

Not a worry. Wasn't having a go at you. Hope it didn't come across that way.

Just dug up my post out of my own curiosity. Was May 1st.

Obviously the water has gone under the bridge for Bell. I will try to find out where Robbos is at as well.

It didn't ;)

By the way - I think there was someone else who might have posted similar after you did (saying they heard the same thing). But it might've been about Robbo. Not sure.

All that matters is though is Tommy is staying :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It didn't ;)

By the way - I think there was someone else who might have posted similar after you did (saying they heard the same thing). But it might've been about Robbo. Not sure.

All that matters is though is Tommy is staying :)

That's the main thing. :):thumbsu:

He has a lot of upside does our Belly! His skill level needs to improve. But he is an extreamly hard worker and won't leave any stones unturned trying to improve.

Have to keep in mind he hasn't been playing the game as long as a lot of other AFL listed players. He is still learning a lot about the game.

But if he ever lives up to the huge potential he has. Look out

am the only one thats un-enthused? i mean, im not upset or anything. i just think he's a bit of a 'meh' player and dont see him as premiership material unless he really improves his skills. i guess he's fine to have around for now though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back