MMA-Other Bellator - New Life

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone wants to see the fun fighter get tested by a wrestler (Ward). I've been guilty of it, and it's a bit weird really that we want to see the fun fighter in a fight that's likely not going to be much fun.
That's the nature of MMA, especially for the fans. We love fun and exciting fighters but also want to see them face a fighter that is highly skilled in disciplines such as wrestling, BJJ or judo. See how their 'flashy' style fares against 'control' fighters. It's sort out of MMA survival of the fittest.

Personally, I love seeing a striker vs wrestler or BJJ if it's not just 15 minutes of laying on top. Seeing if the striker can draw the wrestler into fighting his style of fight or who will nullify the others strengths.

That's the nature of MMA, especially for the fans. We love fun and exciting fighters but also want to see them face a fighter that is highly skilled in disciplines such as wrestling, BJJ or judo. See how their 'flashy' style fares against 'control' fighters. It's sort out of MMA survival of the fittest.

Personally, I love seeing a striker vs wrestler or BJJ if it's not just 15 minutes of laying on top. Seeing if the striker can draw the wrestler into fighting his style of fight or who will nullify the others strengths.
Yeah that's spot on. That's how MMA started too. How do all these different styles match up against each other? At first the BJJ guy was dominating, then the wrestlers, then the sprawl and brawl kickboxers did well. Now MMA's evolved so that almost every style you can think of is capable of being implemented successfully at the highest level.

I didn't explain what I meant properly. What I should have said is that some fans want to see the fun striker get taken down and smothered, even if that means it's really boring. I've seen some people basically saying I can't wait until Page fights a good wrestler and gets laid and prayed. Same thing happened with McGregor on his way up. A lot of that no doubt has to do with them being interesting characters though.

Only just realised that Bendo and Patricio Pitbull fight tomorrow. With all the MMA cards some good fights really sneak up on me. This is a really good and weird fight.

Bendo's a big LW who's fought at WW a number of times lately. Pitbull is a FW who would probably feel the need to cut to BW if he was in the UFC. Going to be a big size disparity in there. Really tough fight for Pitbull. I'd say his only hope is winning by KO. Bendo is a really tough dude so that's very unlikely.

Just watched Bendo/Patricio. It sucks that Patricio injured his leg or foot because he was looking good. I thought he won the first round. He landed more and the better shots I thought. Chandler was on commentary and he thought Bendo won for some reason. Pitbull was winning the 2nd round until the fight got stopped halfway through the round too. Pitbull's a tough dude, so something bad must have happened for him to basically stop the fight himself.

I've seen people saying it was fixed. That really makes no sense to me. Bendo was looking bad and then the stoppage was a let down. If it was fixed, they'd make the winner look a lot better than that. Those saying it was fixed would likely say you can't make it look too obvious or some weird s**t haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back