List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, why would we want the guy who got crickets its biggest ever broadcasting deal.

Or who helped set up the BBL, which is now real money spinner for them.

I quote the like the idea of having a money hungry ball breaking bastard at the top.

Let's be honest, we've got the community stuff down pat, we've established our brand, we need to monetise it.

And shock horror he got slagged in the press on the way when he was knifed at Cricket Australia.

Yeah, why would we want the guy who got crickets its biggest ever broadcasting deal.

I quote the like the idea of having a money hungry ball breaking bastard at the top.

Let's be honest, we've got the community stuff down pat, we've established our brand, we need to monetise it.

And shock horror he got slagged in the press on the way when he was knifed at Cricket Australia.
Not sure we have established our brand but agree he may be just what we need. Plenty of stories around the traps about his 'politically incorrect' ways but I think we might just be ready for some tough leadership.

The reality is this angst is a symptom of the lack of control we have over the direction of our footy club. 5 games in tassie this year after 4 last season and the unrequested auto renewal (after the last membership debacle) is the perfect illustration of this.

Its easy to see the potential for this appointment to go pear shaped if you're hypervigilant about threats to the club (especiually with all this Tassie talk,) and conditioned to expect more s**t from the club (which is what we have seen ... since before the fab five went at the end of 2016.) Not saying that will happen but until we feel some control over the direction the club is taking people will be this angsty about something as important as the CEO's appointment.

Hard to find anything positive about this bloke related to his former AFL and ACB career. If he is the chosen one I am hoping he can channel his strengths for good. We need a ballsy leader who can stand up for the club and maybe he can do that. I don't know - easy to be influenced by all the negative reports but lets see what he can deliver. Need a statement from him early re Tassy and Arden Street futures.
Yes, whoever gets the job needs to stand up to head office and the media.

We need someone strong who will fight for us to get a fair go and not screwed over. We can't keep getting draws like we do and the media treat us with contempt.

I trust Ben Buckley to make the right decision.

Exactly, he got it right knifing Brad and signing Rhyce.

And we need a ruthless money focused CEO now. Especially if we have a period of onfield success.

I suspect our bigger issue is not being relocated to Tassie but what do we do when Tassie does get a team and we suddenly lose a guaranteed revenue stream.

first thing, i hope he doesn't plan to play more games in Tassie for extra $.

Well mate, we could have done something about it if the freakin' MORON element of club members didn't give away their voting powers.

An act of UNBELIEVABLE IDIOCY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect our bigger issue is not being relocated to Tassie but what do we do when Tassie does get a team and we suddenly lose a guaranteed revenue stream.
yep. We can't relocate with out the members voting on it so it wont happen. But lets say Tassie does get a team then not only do we lose the revenue stream we will lose a fist full of members. What we need to do is to stay in Tassie long enough for a generation of North supporting kids to grow up, pack up and move to Melbourne!

yep. We can't relocate with out the members voting on it so it wont happen. But lets say Tassie does get a team then not only do we lose the revenue stream we will lose a fist full of members. What we need to do is to stay in Tassie long enough for a generation of North supporting kids to grow up, pack up and move to Melbourne!

What we need is to be playing exciting high quality footy when the Tassie team comes in, so we can get people to the Melbourne games we get.

Should have hired Elon Musk. He's done wonders for Space X and Tesla.

I mean sure he might not get football but he's driven and good with money. His never give up attitude reminds me of shinboner spirit.

Make it happen Euge.
Cool idea, he can build us a submarine to take the team to Tassie

Should have hired Elon Musk. He's done wonders for Space X and Tesla.

I mean sure he might not get football but he's driven and good with money. His never give up attitude reminds me of shinboner spirit.

Make it happen Euge.

You just know Hawthorn have asked the question of Peter Thiel.

Interesting article.

This kind of behaviour from Amarfio was already fabled. Most mornings, in full view of his speechless colleagues at Jolimont, he had his secretary cook and serve him a hot breakfast in his glass-encased office. "Where's the Worcestershire sauce?!" he famously thundered.

Dare I say, that's a Duff-like sense of entitlement. Something seems NQR about this bloke. Hope I'm wrong about that.

If he can do the same job dragging revenue into the club as he did for CA, he give the players a pressed ham from the boardroom every training session for all I care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back