List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article.

Most mornings, in full view of his speechless colleagues at Jolimont, he had his secretary cook and serve him a hot breakfast in his glass-encased office. "Where's the Worcestershire sauce?!" he famously thundered.

Dare I say, that's a Duff-like sense of entitlement. Something seems NQR about this bloke. Hope I'm wrong about that.
"That isn't going to fly at our club Ben!" - Kane

If that's the sort of persona Ben has he will fit in well at gender-equal North :drunk:

1572567389277.png

If he can do the same job dragging revenue into the club as he did for CA, he give the players a pressed ham from the boardroom every training session for all I care.
There's only one Australian cricket team. We're competing with 17 other clubs for a slice of the revenue pie.

On the plus side, this appointment will enable us to target the Armenian and Ghanian communities for memberships, a la Majak and the Sudanese.

You clowns realise that it's not within the power of a CEO to relocate the club right? Because if it was, Rick Aylett would have done it in 2007. Decisions of that magnitude are made by the board.
It's about public perception. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to think the decision is made by the CEO alone. But he will lead the direction set by the board. We need to know what that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"That isn't going to fly at our club Ben!" - Kane

If that's the sort of persona Ben has he will fit in well at gender-equal North :drunk:

View attachment 772997

Removing money going in to non football related crap, and redirecting it to the footy dept should be the first thing on the agenda.

EVERYTHING must go in to gaining on field success, because EVERYTHING will be lost if that is not achieved.

Did this bloke really get his secretary to cook him brekky haha? What a weapon

Reminds me of Tony Soprano
“ It might be 2019 out there , but under my roof, It’s 19 *ing 53!!”

I’m impressed with this guy already

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reminds me of Tony Soprano
“ It might be 2019 out there , but under my roof, It’s 19 f*n 53!!”

I’m impressed with this guy already

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Make that 1973 mate.

We need to recapture that level of dynamism again, and it was lead by North FOOTBALL people.

I hope it's not Ben. He was booted out of CA for quite a few reasons. DO NOT GET HIM.

Not sure i'm quite on board with the idea of a CEO that's not particularly a 'club first' type of person.
There's only one Australian cricket team. We're competing with 17 other clubs for a slice of the revenue pie.
How can you know he's not club first?

Seemed to be CA first and didn't mind treading on a few toes getting things done.

Sounds like CA was a pretty toxic place and because Ben didn't mind ruffling a few feathers he would be an easy fall guy. That AFR article smacks of someone with an axe to grind doing a bit of backgrounding.

Reporter: how does it feel being the CEO of the North Melbourne Kangaroos?

CEO Ben: North Melbourne? Isn't this the Australian Kangaroos?

Reporter: No Ben

CEO Ben: Shiiiiiiiiiit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back