Thinking of our mods in this difficult moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, I remember that campaigner.
I actually kind of liked him until I found out he owed Jamie Johnstone money and a shout. 👎

Never get on Jamie's wrong side.

Newport were also the most feared team (physically, not for their onfield prowess) when I played juniour footy.

Lots of people unfortunately had cousin's weddings and the like leaving them unable to play the week we versed Newport

Newport were also the most feared team (physically, not for their onfield prowess) when I played juniour footy.

Yeah I've heard suburban footy in the 1960s was pretty wild.

Yeah I've heard suburban footy in the 1960s was pretty wild.

Heh, don't get crook that you just missed out on the last great era of youth culture (and North onfield).

I mean I got to go to a brilliant underground rave the night of the 1996 GF and see world class DJs and electronic acts.

You got to go see Fallout Boy or some s**t after we got pumped in an elim final by Port.

I remember him. Little wheelchair fella.

Yeah, Jamie Johnstone put him in that wheelchair coz he never paid him back for the beer.

Dunno why Jamie placed the gypsy curse and shrank him though.

Only a true n00b in this city defines Preston as inner north lolololololol.

Courtney Barnett can jam it, Preston is the frigging bush.
Being reminded of the existence of Courtney Barnett has seriously ruined my day. Merchant of droning midwit spoken word slop and if she wasn't produced by ad firm trying to bolster the sale of recycled denim overalls to southern suburb transplants now Keeping Thornbury Weird then she could have fooled me.

Being reminded of the existence of Courtney Barnett has seriously ruined my day. Merchant of droning midwit spoken word slop and if she wasn't produced by ad firm trying to bolster the sale of recycled denim overalls to southern suburb transplants now Keeping Thornbury Weird then she could have fooled me.

Yep, the rise of Barnett to those stratospheric levels baffled me and still does.

That said, she gets a pass from complete shitcanning because her favourite ever song is Heavy Heart by North's own Tim Rogers

Here she is doing it at SXSW

Yep, the rise of Barnett to those stratospheric levels baffled me and still does.
[/MEDIA]
I used to see her play with some others around Melbourne before and during the time her career went stratospheric - always a lovely person, worked hard on her craft and networking and didn't compromise to achieve success. She's not really my cuppa tea musically but hats off to her for achieving what she has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm only an hour and a half away, but Melbourne feels like a foreign country. Just never enjoyed or connected with the place.

Geeze we had such a small traditional heartland, probably the smallest of all the 12 VFL clubs. Maybe only South would come close.
Luckily we were a power club in the 70s and 90s and were able to grow our supporter base through that.
Always felt like you'll find a North supporter in every town and suburb. We're spread everywhere, just rarely ever in significant concentration.

I used to see her play with some others around Melbourne before and during the time her career went stratospheric - always a lovely person, worked hard on her craft and networking and didn't compromise to achieve success. She's not really my cuppa tea musically but hats off to her for achieving what she has.

Yes she's a good example of how a ferocious work ethic is usually the thing that sets the big stars apart from the rest

Rowland S Howard had Nick Cave's talent and more, but Cave wrote and recorded every day.

Dr Dre is legendary for his catchphrase in the studio "do it again".

Taylor Swift is stunningly prolific both in the studio and touring.

Barnett saw her chance and took it.

Nah mate. Ken is inner north. Footscray starts at the river.

True Footscray is actually quite small and joints like Yarraville and Willy way more important in both social and footy sense in the old days

But Dogs were pumped up by the money that owned the emerging industrial base and wanted a proud Prod club to combat Catholic clubs thst were more composed of union type wharves.

Hence their Hun jumper and mascot

She did a great cover of Everybody Moves with Dave Faulkner on Rockwiz ... over a decade ago now.

Other people may have different definitions, but for my money the 'inner north' is outlined in red, and the 'inner west' in blue:

View attachment 1914520
Too far on the red.
Trim it from Bell Street down to Albion Street and its spot on.

As for the west anything past Highpoint, Footscray and Williamstown would be off limits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back