Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still wont admit he's an absolute feck up at the moment. Makes out it's a joke he's on his ass with nothing. I always hoped he would get well and waltz into the club and help out at training and whatever. Seems a pipe dream for a while now. Nobody can tell him. He needs to figure it out. His parents/family have done everything it seems.

I think most of us wanted to see that but the fact that his answer to a journos question of "will you stay out trouble now Ben?" Was "we'll see" (or something along those lines) says it all really. It's hard to say whether or not he's taken all those offers for help over the years seriously, but one can't help but think he hasn't.

Their seems to have been a lot of build up over the past few months, hopefully it doesn't mean it's coming to a head in bad way. Otherwise it could be Mainy all over again, unfortnatley. He needs to man the f**k up and own his s**t and take people up on their offers.

EDIT: Offers of help, not drugs.

Last edited:
Ben back in court today to answer a charge of breaching an RVO and possession.

Still has to face a breach of bail offence, two VRO breaches from October 16, and three meth possession charges from June 28, October 17 and November 23.
Revolving_Door.gif

Ben Cousins avoids jail by pleading guilty

Former West Coast Eagles star Ben Cousins has avoided a jail sentence after pleading guilty to a string of charges in Armadale Magistrates Court on Tuesday afternoon.

The troubled Brownlow medallist admitted to two counts of possessing methamphetamine and two breaches of a violence restraining order - taken out by his ex-partner.

He pleaded not guilty to a breach of bail charge and a third methamphetamine possession charge stemming from an incident in Fremantle in June.

Ben Cousins avoids jail by pleading guilty

Former West Coast Eagles star Ben Cousins has avoided a jail sentence after pleading guilty to a string of charges in Armadale Magistrates Court on Tuesday afternoon.

The troubled Brownlow medallist admitted to two counts of possessing methamphetamine and two breaches of a violence restraining order - taken out by his ex-partner.

He pleaded not guilty to a breach of bail charge and a third methamphetamine possession charge stemming from an incident in Fremantle in June.
Who did he get this time - Judge Elle MacPherson?

Needs some time in the nick to finally get the process started. Every second chance he gets outside just prolongs his problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only this guy had some sort of support

Society is at fault. Everyone needs to take a good hard look at themselves and ask the question, "is there something I could have done to help this guy?". Only when we take responsibility for our lack of action can Ben find the piece within himself that he desperately needs.

Society is at fault. Everyone needs to take a good hard look at themselves and ask the question, "is there something I could have done to help this guy?". Only when we take responsibility for our lack of action can Ben find the piece within himself that he desperately needs.

Yep, every night as I sip on my nightcap of Jagermeister & black coffee I contemplate, what more can I do.

he can help himself, myself, I have better things to do.

By the way, what did you do to help him? Make a post on big footy blaming our entire society
for HIS problems with drugs :)

There are plenty of functioning drug addicts about...they work and look after their families as they know they have too...unfortunately for Ben's family it would appear he is incapable of doing both...

Are you suggesting that your post was....sarc!!

If so, I approve, just dont expect me to read your post history in an attempt to determine your wit :)

But if that was a troll, good work!

Fair call. Funnily enough, that such a ludicrous view could genuinely be seen to be serious says a lot about the direction our society has been heading. I feel so old at the ripe old age of 44, "when I was growing up, mum gave us a lift to school or we caught 1 bus and people were mostly responsible for their actions"

There are plenty of functioning drug addicts about...they work and look after their families as they know they have too...unfortunately for Ben's family it would appear he is incapable of doing both...

I think this is a good point, and the danger we see with footballers developing drug habits. The average person is pretty much used to fighting their own battles and overcoming adversities. Life is an on-going saga of dealing with problems, so those people are better equipped to deal with it. Mind you, there are also a lot who aren't.

However, footballers of the ilk of Ben Cousins have had other people doing things for them all their life, finance, contracts, etc, and all they have had to do is just play football. When drug issues arise, you have clubs and the AFL sweeping everything under the carpet and the player rarely needs to deal with it until it is too late, or he is no longer an AFL player.

Meth is a very difficult drug to function on even if you have essentially unlimited access and cash.

Yep....but ALL drugs addicts eventually come unstuck...thats a fact.
In moderation is not an addicts modus operandi . ..inevitably when you abuse anything in life it will turn on you.

Ben just made horrendous decisions and now hes sinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back