Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke to a couple of blokes who were there yesterday and Pies had most of their best dozen or more unavailable due to cricket etc

Word is Wyche were too strong when the real stuff was on but pleasingly the Maine had good depth of numbers so kicked away as the game went on.

Hartley looked the goods playing forward and Zach Greeves was also impressive.

One big plus is Matt Filo was playing which in my eyes puts them in a conversation for having the best midfield in the league, especially if one or more Eyres brothers play.
It was a good game for the first 2 qtrs when the whips were cracking.
Our second stringers were a level below Mains and showed in the end.
I think we were a goal down going into the last and let them punch on 10 or so goals.
They aren’t kidding when they say Maldon has the smallest oval in aus either.

Lloyd Butcher looks like he could be a real work horse for the maine. I doubt he’ll dominate many games but will provide an honest account in the middle. I watched him a few years ago where they moved him from the wing to down back, but looks to have put a bit of meat on and can compete a bit more.
He spent a lot of time at Wyche as a real young fella when his old man was playing for the Demons.

I don’t mind playing a weaker club under a new coach, easier to practice your structures when you aren’t getting ripped a new one.
And like you said white hills will take it right up to em.
Playing Echuca in a practice match just adds another long day at the office in what looks to be a long season for the Roos.
Seems one of those “weaker clubs” has beaten them by 15 goals

Lloyd Butcher looks like he could be a real work
horse for the maine. I doubt he’ll dominate many games but will provide an honest account in the middle. I watched him a few years ago where they moved him from the wing to down back, but looks to have put a bit of meat on and can compete a bit more.
He spent a lot of time at Wyche as a real young fella when his old man was playing for the Demons.

Missed a big chunk with injury last year but played some good footy at CHB as well, think he fits better there than in the ruck.

Thought his old man could have been a decent player in senior footy but always seemed to have good players in front of him at Maine, Cox, Blake, Oxley etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this year going to be the lowest standard the BFNL has ever seen? I reckon it will be easily.

As much as I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, in some ways the best thing that could happen would be for Bendigo clubs like South, Flat and even better if it was Square, to have horror seasons.

Until something happens in Bendigo, it doesn’t happen so it might take that for some sort of action to happen to address the issues in the game.

It’s the Golden Square reserves syndrome all over again.

As much as I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, in some ways the best thing that could happen would be for Bendigo clubs like South, Flat and even better if it was Square, to have horror seasons.

Until something happens in Bendigo, it doesn’t happen so it might take that for some sort of action to happen to address the issues in the game.

South and flat have had their fair share of horror season over the last decade.

Agreed, though it’d need to be a Square/Strath/Sandhurst type club, given Flat/South don’t seem to be held in the same regard at HQ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back