Toast Bernie Vince

Remove this Banner Ad

True. But I would still prefer to have had the early pick and used it on someone else and had Crouch for Vince...

Very plausible outcome had we had the picks.

I don't think many are disappointed with the outcome. I still wish we had kept Bernie and had the picks to manage acquiring new talent.

I feel for Vince, I bet he was probably been hoping we picked a dud and regretted the trade.

We did throw him under the bus to get Matt. Fact.

I feel for him, but i'd rather have Matt.... Though i understand why vince would hope for that.

I feel for Vince, I bet he was probably been hoping we picked a dud and regretted the trade.

Nope Bernie threw himself under the bus with inconsistency and lack of desire.

Can't believe we got Matt Crouch, sort of a 2 for one deal. Absolutely stoked in our picks. Love the sound of Riley too. Both sound like hard at it, competitive beasts.:thumbsu:

This is professional sport not school football...
Hawthorn created what they have now by trading club favourites, Hay, Thompson, Croad and Williams... Set them up for a decade plus...
Time our club starts being ruthless and not just talk about it

This is professional sport not school football...
Hawthorn created what they have now by trading club favourites, Hay, Thompson, Croad and Williams... Set them up for a decade plus...
Time our club starts being ruthless and not just talk about it

Why not trade Sloane out to Melbourne?

Could have easily have netted Aish and Toumpas and set ourselves up for 10 years with two quality players, Sloane will be 24 next year.:rolleyes:

I am sure the Club would have at least debated the issue. It would have been derelict of them if they didnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not trade Sloane out to Melbourne?

Could have easily have netted Aish and Toumpas and set ourselves up for 10 years with two quality players, Sloane will be 24 next year.:rolleyes:

I am sure the Club would have at least debated the issue. It would have been derelict of them if they didnt.

Speaks for itself, Vince was a free agent next year, was 28, was actually dropped this year due to form. Its about who and why you trade them. Yes there are 5 or 6 players that could have netted us a much better draft pick, that wasnt the only reason for chosing Vince to be traded.

Sloane is 23, current best and fairest and no one can doubt his work ethic and plays as an outside mid, which we are light on in..
Vince is 28, has had 1 good year and plays his best as an inside mid which we have plenty of cover in...
You do the Math

Look Im happy the way this has panned out, as we are assuming that Crouch could be a long term player and good one at that too.

I think we traded him as his value was high to get a decent pick and coupled that we may lose him for nothing next year.

I would like our Club ethos to be if you perform and play well you wont be traded. That is something that sits right with me.

Then again look at Chappy and Pods both discarded and both picked up by rival Clubs.

Look Im happy the way this has panned out, as we are assuming that Crouch could be a long term player and good one at that too.

I think we traded him as his value was high to get a decent pick and coupled that we may lose him for nothing next year.

I would like our Club ethos to be if you perform and play well you wont be traded. That is something that sits right with me.

Then again look at Chappy and Pods both discarded and both picked up by rival Clubs.

Two clubs in particular have used recycled players to perfection, Sydney and Hawthorn. Have a look at their starting 22 and they both have a number of 2nd club or players drafted as older players. Other clubs have seen this and will send off players that they believe are stale or finished at their club but maybe bring in older players also that have finished at their respective clubs, seems a bit irish but may work.

Very sad to see bernie going... He will enjoy his time in melbourne... Not on the field but in the media he will love it... Betting we ll see him on the footy show a couple times this year.

Good luck benard

I don't think Bernie is happy he has at all. Will work out well for him financially but I'm sure he'd have rather stayed with his mates.

But he loved sticking it to us yesterday - and good on him. Played with passion and intensity.

There was a moment where danger got into a sit-to-stand position on the members wing - bernie gave him the big double handed push to the chest pushing patty tumbling backwards. Never saw him do that for us... but was always in him.. pure instruction and expectation we put on our players I think.
Love to see more of it to be honest.. so sick of the Triggy's school teacher mentality permeating its way down through the club layers.

Good on ya Bernie - keep living the dream mate.

He'd still have all his friendships and would have enjoyed his time here, but in reality there would be nothing better than beating the team that effectively turfed you out for someone else. Bernie did look rapt to get the win.

He hasn't got a hope in hell in winning a flag there, but he does seem to be relishing the role as a leader in an up and coming team.

I'm still more than content with the deal we completed though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back