Competitions Best ever Crows players - FINAL - A. McLeod vs M. Ricciuto - Mea Culpa for ruining our season with the delay :(

Who was the better player?

• Andrew McLeod

• Mark Ricciuto

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Semi Final 2. D. Jarman vs Ricciuto New
Semi Final 2

D. Jarman
Darren Jarman
121 Games
264 Goals
All-Australian 1996
Premiership playerv1997, 1998
Leading goalkicker 1998, 1999, 2001
2nd B&F 1997
3rd B&F 1996

Vs

M. Ricciuto
312 games
292 goals
All-Australian 1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 (captain 2004, 2005).
Best and Fairest 1998, 2003, 2004
Premiership player 1998
Brownlow medal 2003
Showdown medal 2000, 2004, 2005
3rd B&F 1994, 1997, 2000
5th B&F 1999
Leading goalkicker 2006
Rising star nominee 1993

Mark Ricciuto easy.

clearly Roo overall but if you were choosing one player for a GF you would probably take Jars. Jars was 24 ish when starting in the AFL and 29 yo when he joined the crows in 1996. Roo was seen as a 16 yo by King Kerley playing in Waikerie (IIRC) kicking 10 in their Granny and soon committed to the Crows under our generous initial concessions

That's a quality top-8.

Imo, Dawson isn't yet top-8 for the Crows, but likely will be by the time his career is finished.

Tex is the one who is missing from this top-8.

Simon Goodwin miles ahead of Dawson. Not even close. So another that should be there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ironically, you might make a decent argument that Fudd was the best player in isolation; but you just can’t make the argument that he achieved as much, he accomplished as much or that his career measured up

The first part of this justifies my vote personally. When thinking of "best" as these tiebreakers, I'm thinking, which player can win you a flag.

Not to discredit Roo in this at all, he was extremely pivotal in both. And yes he did have the far better overall career.

However on the other side of the coin, he was also pivotal in 2005 in us not winning the flag.

Jars broke the GF open in 1997 and then had even more fun in 98.

The first part of this justifies my vote personally. When thinking of "best" as these tiebreakers, I'm thinking, which player can win you a flag.

Not to discredit Roo in this at all, he was extremely pivotal in both. And yes he did have the far better overall career.

However on the other side of the coin, he was also pivotal in 2005 in us not winning the flag.

Jars broke the GF open in 1997 and then had even more fun in 98.

Im not sure anyone was ever a better player than fabulous Phil Carmen, but at some point achievement and career has to mean something too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t think of a more gifted footballer than Darren Jarman, that I’ve seen. Week in, week out though, Ricciuto played like a champion.

A full career at the Crows and no doubt D.Jarman would be in the conversation with Ricciuto and McLeod as the greatest Crow.

Really tough because Fudd is my favourite Crows footballer and that quarter of football was just unbelievable and had me jumping around the room

But, Roos career is just exemplary for the club and gets him over the line.

We just didn't have Fudd long enough...plus we'd have nabbed the 93 flag if we had him

Last edited:
Back