Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

What year was the first season of Breaking Bad set in? We now have a time setting, 2001. Not sure if that had been established until Howard brought out a 35 year old 1966 bottle of Scotch.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Uno

Note though that the sign outside the hearing room in last weeks ep said February 2003

Last edited:
I reckon they are going to throw in a Walter White cameo pretty soon
Not as a main character on the show yet obviously, more so as an extra in the background
How? Walt only had the idea to get into the drug scene when BB started (2007/08 time frame), which is years away from where we are now in BCS. Until then he was just a humble high school teacher.

Surely the next 12 months is the making of Saul. An inability to practice law sending him back to his old 'slipping Jimmy' ways, where he'll will likely make contacts through Mike that ultimately lead him to shift his legal focus once he reaches the end of his suspension. Plus, Chuck being preoccupied with getting better and Howard's talk suggesting they ignore Jimmy means they'll likely be off his case.

I'm not sure if it's possible but it would be fun to see the A & B plots cross over in some way. Half the key characters on the show have never shared a scene.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's how it stays though. These are two distinctly different worlds, Saul, Mike, and Gus are the only ones you'd think could cross from one to the other in a really believable way.

I'll guess that Hector's pill which Nacho hid under his shoe, will be somehow related to the impending stroke that Hector will suffer.

Certainly being set up that way, especially with Hector's ultimate campaigner move in wanting to make Nacho's dad's shop a front.

Reckon though it's pretty much guaranteed that Nacho doesn't see out the series though (unless he goes to prison), so it could be a failed attempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon though it's pretty much guaranteed that Nacho doesn't see out the series though (unless he goes to prison), so it could be a failed attempt.
The first time Saul meets Walt in Breaking Bad, he says "it wasn't me, it was Ignacio (Nacho), he's the one" - could possibly be related to Hector. At least that indicates that Saul and Nacho will meet at some point in BCS.

The first time Saul meets Walt in Breaking Bad, he says "it wasn't me, it was Ignacio (Nacho), he's the one" - could possibly be related to Hector. At least that indicates that Saul and Nacho will meet at some point in BCS.

Well I guess that could explain some of the draw towards him becoming a criminal lawyer. If he's giving out legal advice to Mike and Nacho during his suspension, perhaps he'll move to doing it officially once it ends.

Hector also wants a proper front (which Saul obviously had experience with in BB), perhaps Nacho reaches out to Saul (via Mike) to come up with an alternative to his dad's place.

How? Walt only had the idea to get into the drug scene when BB started (2007/08 time frame), which is years away from where we are now in BCS. Until then he was just a humble high school teacher.
Yeh as I said he won't be a character of any note or reference
He might just be a random guy walking down the street, but Gilligan knows that BB fans will lose their s**t even if they see him as an extra.

They did in Season 1 didn't they?
Nacho hired Jimmy as his lawyer when the Kellermans disappeared, and was involved in the whole Tuco thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back