Toast Beyond the Border – MCG to Adelaide Oval – Mental Health Awareness (A Hawk Board members campaign to raise money and awareness)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great job by Purrfect Pussies who has joined Jordan the last few days (and for a day or two more) to help ease the long, mentally challenging and lonely miles. He's also done a power of work in his local community to help Jordan (massages, podiatry, radio spots) and promote his cause. Two great blokes doing great things.

c0730b127d27eee9ae0dc0b7be403b0d.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies for the delay everyone. Quite a hectic weekend.... although not as hectic as that of Groobs.

What a legend. What an inspirational effort. Did it pretty tough through the early days of the run but thanks to Sos and some other friends along the way, seemed to really gather himself strong in the second half.

Stay tuned for the the updates from the weekend, including yesterday's finish at the Adelaide Oval. We salute you Milang_Panthers it's a fantastic thing you've done Groobs. Should be super proud of yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an amazing effort. True champion! Some beautiful photos too. Have only ever driven through those areas, at high speed, so haven't ever taken in how wonderful it all looks

What an amazing effort. True champion! Some beautiful photos too. Have only ever driven through those areas, at high speed, so haven't ever taken in how wonderful it all looks
That's the best way to see Adelaide :cool:

I kid. Great effort to all involved.

This is the story of one of our fellow Hawthorn Board posters and his efforts to raise awareness and funds for Beyond Blue. That poster is Milang_Panthers (Jordan) and he’ll be embarking on June 18th to run from the MCG to Adelaide Oval. That’s 726km or the equivalent of approximately 13 marathons in 13 days.

I would love it if some of you champion Hawk Board members would follow his journey and of course any contribution to his cause would be greatly appreciated. Even just some words of encouragement in this thread will mean so much.

Even better, if you live in the western part of Victoria, you may be able to jog along for a time with Jordan. Keep him company, have a chat, enjoy a jog (even a small one). Some support for the hard yards over those 13 days would be invaluable.

Beyond Blue campaign page

Beyond the Border Facebook page

Newspaper article

It's ok not to be ok.
It's ok to ask "R U OK?"
It's ok to ask for help.

If you or anyone you know needs some help, the Beyond Blue website can be found here: BEYOND BLUE WEBSITE and the hotline is 1300224636

View attachment 678735
View attachment 678736View attachment 678737
As someone who has depression and anxiety I appreciate your effort in raising awareness. It is hard for men to open up and speak about their thoughts. Lucky for me I got help at the right time and now have the best support available to me. All it takes is to have a chat with someone and tell them you are not ok even if they don't respond but someone listening to you is very important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back