BigFooty AFL Live Competition Season 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
okokey looks to be a no show, waited 45 minutes after our game was meant to start. Noticed he sent me an invite at 7.00pm yesterday so he must have got his dates confused.

did heaps better then i thought.... almost had it (took the lead in the 4th) but lost it with 8 seconds left on the clock!... OUCH would have settled for a draw against such a good opponent... probably the best game i have played!

Melbourne 9.5 59 Hawks 8.5 53

score thing exited before i could write down all stats

Goals:
Melbourne: 5 Bate, 2 Petterd, 1 Jamar
Hawks: 3 Roughead, 2 Franklin?, 1 lewis?

Possessions:
Melbs: 12 Jamar, 9 Grimes, Bate
Hawks 16 Bateman, 12 Sewell, 9 Bruce
I take photos on my phone so I get it all.

Round 21

Melbourne

def Hawthorn

I had a blistering start, well done on the fightback, really outplayed me after quarter time.

Goals

Bate - 5
Petterd - 2
Jamar - 1

Roughead - 3
Franklin - 2
Rioli - 1

Ball Winners
Jamar - 12
Grimes - 9
Bate - 9

Bateman - 16
Sewell - 12
Bruce - 9

I know it's round 21, I thought it would be best to get it out of the way considering I hardly get to come on during the day.

Im not going to be able to play Illy's Kangas tonight, i am free earlier tomorrow but not during the night as i have specified before

Round 17

Melbourne

Def

Geelong

Goal Kickers

Bate - 7 :footy:
Petterd - 3
Sylvia - 2

C.Mooney - 2
Byrnes - 1
S.Johnson - 1

Ball Winners

C.Morton - 15
Sylvia - 14
Jamar - 14

Selwood - 10
Bartel - 9
Scarlett - 9

I was hoping to get Bate a few more goals, at one stage he was in the Ruck, not so sure why that was the case :eek:

Dt_fanatic didn't show up for our round 5 game so instead I played Stakerz for our round 17 game.
Round 17
GEELONG - skill1414 (kuma1414)
v MELBOURNE - Stakerz (Cahillftw)

Geel: 4.3 27
Melb: 16.3 99

Goals:
Geel: Mooney (2), Byrnes, Johnson
Melb: Bate (7), Petterd (3), Sylvia (2)

Disposals:
Geel: Selwood (10), Bartel, Scarlett (9)
Melb: Morton (15), Sylvia, Jamar (14)

Match thoughts:
no comment..

Im not going to be able to play Illy's Kangas tonight, i am free earlier tomorrow but not during the night as i have specified before

Earliest I can be on tomorrow is probably 7pm(ish). Hectic work schedule lately so it's been hard to get online any earlier than 10pm.

Still need to play magpiebazz36, Collingwood_Man and Buckets_18 as soon as possible. I'm definitely keen guys, but until the weekend I'll only be on at nights due to work, probably from around 9 or 10pm until the early hours of the morning (I may be on earlier sometimes, but only sporadically and not for long). Weekends I'm free to play anytime pretty much.

Cheers guys.

AFLLivePremiershipSeasonlogo.png

ROUND 9 Vs Stakerz/cahillftw (Melbourne)
Fantastic game all round here. I got out to a 2 goal lead early, but that was pegged back seconds before the end of the first quarter. Then Melbourne hit the lead going into half time with a 3 goal to 2 2nd quarter. But hitting back hard I kept Melbourne scoreless for the next quarter while kicking 2 goals of my own to give myself a 1 goal lead going into the last. The last quarter was a tight one. Started off with Melbourne getting one early to put the scores level, then plenty of contests later Richmond get a breakaway in their forward 50 and grab a goal from the goalsquare. With just minutes to go Melbourne go all out attack and have several chances to take the win, with Jurrah missing a running shot from only 20 metres out thanks to the immense pressure of the Richmond defenders. The next kick in later and with just 1:30 remaining the ball goes long to a contest, nobody can take the mark, it falls to a Melbourne player who runs in 40 metres out and takes a shot, but pushes it wide. Now just 40 seconds left, Newman plays on from the kick in, kicks it to about 90 metres out and Melbourne just don't have enough time to win it and the siren goes. Richmond by 4.

SCORE:
RICH---MELB
1st QTR: 2.1.13 - 2.1.13
2nd QTR: 4.1.25 - 5.2.32
3rd QTR: 6.2.38 - 5.2.32
FULL TIME: 7.3.45 - 6.5.41

GOALS:
RICH---MELB
R.Nahas 3 - M.Bate 1
J.Riewoldt 2 - C.Sylvia 1
B.Deledio 1 - J.Watts 1

DISPOSALS:
RICH---MELB
C.Newman 11 - C.Sylvia 13
N.Foley 11 - J.Trengove 12
B.Deledio 11 - M.Bate 10

Damn you HBK! too good for me mate, I hope I don't have to play you in finals haha.

Richmond

Def Melbourne

Goal Kickers

Nahas - 3
Riewoldt - 2
Deledio - 1

Sylvia - 1
Bate - 1
Watts - 1

Ball Winners

Newman , Foley , Deledio - 11

Sylvia 13 , Trengove 12 , Bate 10

Petterd could have put me in the lead with about 4 minutes remaining, running into goal on a slight angle and kicked a behind.

Hopefully don't play you again in finals :p

Round 10

North Melbourne

def by

Melbourne

Goal Kickers

Hansen - 4
Edwards - 2
L.Thomas - 1

Watts - 5
Bate - 4 :footy:
Jurrah - 4

Ball Winners

B.Harvey - 12
H.McIntosh - 11
Hansen - 11

Sylvia - 12
Jones - 12
Watts - 11

Dt_fanatic didn't show up for our round 5 game so instead I played Stakerz for our round 17 game.

sorry, im terrible at this...always forget to look ahead and check which matches ive got.

Lurk3r
Illnino
and yourself

Can i play you all tomorrow night?

And jorel i will email you the votes, got pics for all the stats hopefully play all these games tomorrow and knock the votes off for them tomorrow night as well.

AFLLivePremiershipSeasonlogo.png

Round 10: North melbourne (illnino/KoRnage1) vs Melbourne (Stakerz/cahillftw)

Final Scores

N.M - Melb
4.0.24 - 3.1.19
6.0.36 - 9.1.55
8.3.51 - 12.1.73
10.5.65 - 15.3.93

Goals

N.M - Hansen 4 Edwards 2 Thomas 1
Melb - Watts 5 Bate 4 Jurrah 4

Possessions

N.M - Harvey 12 McIntosh 11 Hansen 11
Melb - Sylvia 12 Jones 12 Watts 11

Match Statistics

---------------- N.M - Melb
Disposals ------- 118 - 127
Kicks ---------- 74 - 55
Handballs ------- 44 - 72
Turnovers ------ 14 - 12
Possession (%) -- 33.4 - 32.7
Inside 50's ------ 23 - 31
Marks ----------- 26 - 12
Tackles ---------- 68 - 72
Hit Outs --------- 15 - 17
Frees ----------- 5 - 7

Was a good, fast-paced game in which cahillftw had a ripper second quarter and I was never able to reel him in. Inaccuracy on my behalf in the 3rd quarter squashed any hopes of a comeback. Was about a 4 goal lead for most of the match, though I did manage to get it back to within about 2 goals a few times, just couldn't capitilize.

I didn't play very well really, allowing easy handballs out the backdoor on numerous occasions. Not to mention a few little momentum killers when 2 or 3 times I was tackled or bumped after I marked ;) I actually had my next kick ready on each of those occasions too, but the delay meant my option closed up. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway and I'd like to think that they were accidental.

I gave away the last goal by somehow kicking the wrong way 30 meters for Jurrah? to just waltz in and slot it through, which was pretty indicitive of the way I played for the most part :eek:

Not to take away from cahillftw though, top player and a real front-runner to take the cup IMO (along with HBK619 and scooty_b).​

I didn't play very well really, allowing easy handballs out the backdoor on numerous occasions. Not to mention a few little momentum killers when 2 or 3 times I was tackled or bumped after I marked ;) I actually had my next kick ready on each of those occasions too, but the delay meant my option closed up. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway and I'd like to think that they were accidental.

I gave away the last goal by somehow kicking the wrong way 30 meters for Jurrah? to just waltz in and slot it through, which was pretty indicitive of the way I played for the most part :eek:

Not to take away from cahillftw though, top player and a real front-runner to take the cup IMO (along with HBK619 and scooty_b).
I've usually always got my finger on the triangle button, as it is used to tackle and spoil. . I may have given away a few 50's this competition too, mainly due to tackling after a mark has been taken, purely accidental! (I played the same way in Fifa too, ALWAYS had the tackle button held down!)

There seemed to be a little bit of lag at times as well, don't know If it was the same for you? Which could explain the kick to Jurrah. . although maybe you had to much power on the kick and sprayed it? :p

Can't remember if it was this game but It said Bate had taken a mark in the goal square, but the opposition had actually taken the mark, that could have been lag as well . . weird.

sorry, im terrible at this...always forget to look ahead and check which matches ive got.

Lurk3r
Illnino
and yourself

Can i play you all tomorrow night?

And jorel i will email you the votes, got pics for all the stats hopefully play all these games tomorrow and knock the votes off for them tomorrow night as well.

If by that you mean tonight, then sure thing. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MKCaptain - will try and get online around 9-9.30 est tonight for our game - sorry if i am a bit late - grandma over for tea!

If we miss each other I guess we can catch up tomorrow night if cool with you.

okokey was on the other night... he had been having net problems previously.

I'm going to loosen the rule of completing rounds within 3 days, as people are rescheduling games on the fly from all sorts of rounds. As long as all games are completed by the end of season deadline, that's fine. We can work out if there were any forfeits after that.

hirdylloydy, if okokey doesn't show tonight, I can play our round 9 game if you like. I'm hoping to be on between 10pm-12am EST (8pm-10pm WST) most nights this week, later on Friday probably. Getting our son used to sleeping in a proper bed while the wife wants us in bed by 10pm (she reckons a proper night sleep will make me less grumpy). :p

If anyone else is on, happy to knock off a couple of games over the next few nights, particularly early next week's games.

okokey was on the other night... he had been having net problems previously.

I'm going to loosen the rule of completing rounds within 3 days, as people are rescheduling games on the fly from all sorts of rounds. As long as all games are completed by the end of season deadline, that's fine. We can work out if there were any forfeits after that.

hirdylloydy, if okokey doesn't show tonight, I can play our round 9 game if you like. I'm hoping to be on between 10pm-12am EST (8pm-10pm WST) most nights this week, later on Friday probably. Getting our son used to sleeping in a proper bed while the wife wants us in bed by 10pm (she reckons a proper night sleep will make me less grumpy). :p

If anyone else is on, happy to knock off a couple of games over the next few nights, particularly early next week's games.

okay, ill give okey 15 minutes to show and if not, round 9 it is

Illy i'd be happy now to play you tonight anywhere between 7EST and 830EST, if you can't as Jorel said we can organise another time, probably on the weekend

I'm happy to play absolutely anyone tonight between about now and about 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back