Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List Game 2024 - May Deaths Be Forever In Your Favour (Host @ClarkeM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Corey Homicide Williams has died.

A s**t day for the young

His personality was a great addition to basketball in this country and much needed at the time

Corey Williams, 46 New

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one may hit a bit harder than others - remember to check in on your mates & loved ones

Cam McCarthy's DOB is somewhat eerie - 1st April 1995, the same day as the Fremantle Dockers made their AFL debut against Richmond at the MCG, and the last Dockers match in his lifetime was Richmond vs. Fremantle at the MCG last Sunday. He also never played against Fremantle while at GWS.

By my reckoning Cam McCarthy is the fifth Dockers player to have died, but the first GWS Giants player to have passed away. Can anyone else confirm that no other GWS players have died since the club's inception?

Cam McCarthy's DOB is somewhat eerie - 1st April 1995, the same day as the Fremantle Dockers made their AFL debut against Richmond at the MCG, and the last Dockers match in his lifetime was Richmond vs. Fremantle at the MCG last Sunday. He also never played against Fremantle while at GWS.

By my reckoning Cam McCarthy is the fifth Dockers player to have died, but the first GWS Giants player to have passed away. Can anyone else confirm that no other GWS players have died since the club's inception?
Five is a lot and obviously all young as well

Five is a lot and obviously all young as well

Considering the Dockers are only in their 30th season six players having died prematurely is quite a lot, although as I've mentioned before the number of Brisbane Bears (as opposed to Brisbane Lions players) who have died is very high too. To compare the expansion teams, and note that some appear on both lists:

West Coast Eagles (1987-): Chris Mainwaring & Peter Davidson, plus 2000-2001 coach Ken Judge.

Brisbane Bears (1987-1996): Laurence Schache, Brent Green, Troy Clarke, Robert Dickson, Phil Walsh, Ken Judge, Matt Rendell, Peter Davidson

Adelaide Crows (1991-) - No AFL or SANFL players to date (?), but 2015 coach Phil Walsh and AFLW player Heather Adamson have both died.

Fremantle Dockers (1995-): Gary Dhurrkay, Shane Yarran, Colin Sylvia, Quenton Leach, Harley Balic, Cameron McCarthy

Brisbane Lions (1997-): Brent Green

Port Adelaide (1997-): John McCarthy

Gold Coast Suns (2011-) None to date (?)

GWS Giants (2012-) Cameron McCarthy

Reading comments from earlier today, McCarthy makes it 3 Fremantle players from their 2017 list who've died since finishing their careers - that feels high for a year that wasn't too long ago

GWS aflw player Jacinda Barclay also 29 and found to have brain damage and mental health issues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back