Podcast BigFooty Eagles Podcast - First Month in Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey legends, frustratingly it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get the pod running again this year. Changes in my schedule and ‘real world responsibilities’ mean that putting out a weekly product seems unlikely, and I don’t really feel that doing a unpredictable, stop-start show is a recipe for success.

However, these have been great to be a part of and have actually generated a surprising number of listeners (hey mum), so it’d be a shame to let it all die right as we’re entering our premiership window.

So - if anyone would like to have a swing at hosting the show, or even go into the rotation with a few others, I’d love to support that and turn it over to you all this year. Out of all the campaigners on here, someone has to be a younger Badge; desperate to create sports content but not handsome enough to get a gig on Backchat or Josh Garlepp’s show. I will offer all the tech support I can and am more than happy to be a semi-regular guest. The behind the scenes stuff is surprisingly simple thanks to a great setup by the BigFooty overlords.

If there’s no takers, we’ll see what it looks like this year; maybe a monthly wrap up, maybe nothing at all, hard to know for sure. In that instance, please feel free to eulogise the pod (no pointing out the correlation between us winning the flag then this pod starting and our results since). Thanks to everyone who has joined us in one way or another over the journey so far, it’s been a real bright light in a shitty era of Eagles footy.

Xoxo

Hey legends, frustratingly it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get the pod running again this year. Changes in my schedule and ‘real world responsibilities’ mean that putting out a weekly product seems unlikely, and I don’t really feel that doing a unpredictable, stop-start show is a recipe for success.

However, these have been great to be a part of and have actually generated a surprising number of listeners (hey mum), so it’d be a shame to let it all die right as we’re entering our premiership window.

So - if anyone would like to have a swing at hosting the show, or even go into the rotation with a few others, I’d love to support that and turn it over to you all this year. Out of all the campaigners on here, someone has to be a younger Badge; desperate to create sports content but not handsome enough to get a gig on Backchat or Josh Garlepp’s show. I will offer all the tech support I can and am more than happy to be a semi-regular guest. The behind the scenes stuff is surprisingly simple thanks to a great setup by the BigFooty overlords.

If there’s no takers, we’ll see what it looks like this year; maybe a monthly wrap up, maybe nothing at all, hard to know for sure. In that instance, please feel free to eulogise the pod (no pointing out the correlation between us winning the flag then this pod starting and our results since). Thanks to everyone who has joined us in one way or another over the journey so far, it’s been a real bright light in a shitty era of Eagles footy.

Xoxo
I’d love to get involved with the podcast have been a west coast fan all my life, I also work with someone related to a current player could even try get them on the poddy if it gets up and running with good numbers.

:cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1:

Just logged on BF for the first time this year to discover the Pod is to be no more. How will I get my fix of swears without a weekly dose of sweary!Keys ?

I know it's tough being upbeat and putting out good content when the boys are doing so poorly but I will miss you blokes a lot. I enjoyed the live feed and I also found the pod to be A1 content for while I mow the lawn (I have a 1500sqm block, so that takes a while).

Any hope of a mid-season and end-of-season wrap up?

Also: what pods would you recommend that can fill the gaping hole in my feed left by you fellas?

:cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1::cryv1:

Just logged on BF for the first time this year to discover the Pod is to be no more. How will I get my fix of swears without a weekly dose of sweary!Keys ?

I know it's tough being upbeat and putting out good content when the boys are doing so poorly but I will miss you blokes a lot. I enjoyed the live feed and I also found the pod to be A1 content for while I mow the lawn (I have a 1500sqm block, so that takes a while).

Any hope of a mid-season and end-of-season wrap up?

Also: what pods would you recommend that can fill the gaping hole in my feed left by you fellas?

Shelter Footycast / Backchat from Will Schofield/Mark Readings/Hamish Brayshaw

Great to hear it's back, just in time for our upswing??
Was missing all the insightful info, and Keys slurping a frothy or three with the occasional abusive outrage...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question about TB forward, actually inspired by his interview. He was asked if he sees himself one, and then told the reporter to ask simmo if he would play there.
Fun night guys!

For those who don’t have subtitles

Hey Yeo, Reid all about it
Gov is back, the West is whack
Harley’s tough, there’s a diamond in the Hough
Hewett can’t dance, is it Jack’s last chance
No wins yet, they’ll come I bet
We all love Hunt, Kornes is a c…

To everyone who tuned in last night, we REALLY appreciate it. Some surprisingly large numbers and honestly it was really nice to be back.
I'm sure we'll do it all again in a month (or sooner if we win / Reid is adjudged to the hall of fame early).

A huge shoutout to Badge, who is the perfect conduit to Keys, me and whoever else we have ranting.

In bed early last night after a busy week in a new job, I'm afraid it completely slipped my mind. But my joy at finding it in my podcast feed this morning can't be underestimated. Looking forward to having you boys accompany me when I get on my ride-on this arvo to mow.

Jealous. I want a ride on mower / enough lawn to warrant one.

Well b*gger me if I didn't get a mention at the end of the pod! I almost fell OFF the mower when Badge mentioned me enjoying it while ACTUALLY mowing.

DanWCE while it's a lovely large space and I do like being THIS far from my neighbours and their TVs and barking dogs, I also live in regional QLD and that exacts a price all of its own.
1) Rain. So much rain. I know that might sound great to a Perthie worried about if they'll be able to afford the water bill, what it means here is grass that sometimes needs mowing twice per week and yards that have been squelchy for weeks, which makes the mowing tricky if you bog your ride-on.
2) When anyone talks about footy, 95% of the time, they are talking about Thugby League. Which I hate, and sometimes have to fake an interest in just to get along
3) Being a long way from anywhere I want to be. Specifically Perth. I moved here because my (misguided) parents decided to retire up here, but I NEED to get out of this place queue music

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back