Resource BigFooty tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Occasional look for an old thread or post in there,never found what I've been looking for yet.Needle Haystack.
You just have to think about the best way to go about it. It can take me a few goes, because you need to hit an actual word in the thread/post - but it can't be too common or you'll get a thousand responses.

The other way to do it as typing site:bigfooty.com [search terms] in Google.

Lol. You are still a step ahead of me. I haven't even figured out how to put up avatars.
Really?

Hover the mouse over your name (top right of screen)
Hit avatar.
Upload one or link one.

Just right click on this pic, choose copy image address, and then go to avatar and paste it.
Done!

images

Some search tips:

1. If you know the thread the post was in, find the thread first then run a search within the thread. Searching threads by thread name is very effective. Select display results as thread topics to find the right thread.

2. If you know who the user was, searching by username is very effective.

3. Combining 1 and 2

4. Don't bother with general footy terms as search words. You'll need something quite specific like an unusual word or combination of words.

I find the search facility is very difficult.
I've tried to look up posts I made and I couldn't find them.

I find the search facility is very difficult.
I've tried to look up posts I made and I couldn't find them.
If you put in yourself as the post writer and put in an obscure key word you've used, you should get it every time.

If you put in yourself as the post writer and put in an obscure key word you've used, you should get it every time.
Yeah I have no problems.

How to embed a tweet:

On Twitter, find and copy the URL to the particular tweet (I generally do it by right click either Expand/Collapse in my feed, right clicking 'Copy link address' or similar).

Paste into reply box.

If you don't like someone's posts, rather than whinge about it and derail a thread (or many threads), try ignoring them, even for just a while. Click on their username, when the pop-up comes up, click "ignore".

View attachment 66664

PS. Don't worry manboob, you're alright. No ignore from me. :)

manboob with that avatar, should change your name to manballs...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't like someone's posts, rather than whinge about it and derail a thread (or many threads), try ignoring them, even for just a while. Click on their username, when the pop-up comes up, click "ignore".

View attachment 66664

PS. Don't worry manboob, you're alright. No ignore from me. :)
manboob this avatar was da bomb. Lake's Brainplosion was an awesome thread btw :)

Lol at that avatar!

Speaking of. If you want to draw someone's attention to something "tag" them. This is done by putting an @ before their user name. Isn't that right catempire

No seriously Booby. How do you do it?

@ then username as one word. The rabbi as you start typing after the "@" you'll get a list of names appear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back