Blonde North lady from the 90s

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but her daughter was on Facebook a few years ago and said she had since passed away. She was legendary in the 90s, they would show her on T.V each and every single home game, I remember as a kid walking past her and her crew after a game one time and being as starstuck as meeting any of the players.

Last edited:
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but her daughter was on Facebook a few years ago and said she had since passed away. She was legendary in the 90s, they would show her on T.V each and every single home game, I remember walking past her and her crew after a game one time and being as starstuck as meeting any of the players.
Sad news, thanks for the update. She was definitely a North icon at that time!

She makes an appearance in this vid at 1:59. The greatest footy song/intro/promo there ever will be.

Ahh, the days when footy was great. Its never been the same since. We have lost the personalities. Its gone too political and woke (can I say that word on here) since then. The commentators were brilliant too back then (not the stat driven ones of today). Ahh I must be getting old & grumpy or maybe we just keep losing all the time 😂😱

Ahh, the days when footy was great. Its never been the same since. We have lost the personalities. Its gone too political and woke (can I say that word on here) since then. The commentators were brilliant too back then (not the stat driven ones of today). Ahh I must be getting old & grumpy or maybe we just keep losing all the time 😂😱

Watching it again, the editing is spot on.

depends, do you know what it means?

Used to go with 2 mates in the 90's and would catch up with Adriana and her family after the game for a chat. Always full of energy. My mate always thought he was a chance with the youngest daughter, reality was she would see him coming and try to avoid him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a discussion board. We type things here, we don't say them.

I’m FB friends with Adriana’s daughter and didn’t know she’d passed so I checked Adriana’s FB last night and sure enough, she hasn’t posted since Xmas 2020. Prior to then she would regularly post on family members’ birthdays. 😞

I’m FB friends with Adriana’s daughter and didn’t know she’d passed so I checked Adriana’s FB last night and sure enough, she hasn’t posted since Xmas 2020. Prior to then she would regularly post on family members’ birthdays. 😞

Eldest or youngest daughter, asking for a friend😁

I think she'd still see you your friend coming from a mile off, even through an intermediary.

Said friend would also have to get through her teen kids and top bloke husband. A for effort if he plows on regardless of course.

I reckon I have watched 'the thing I like about football " clip about 7 times today and got goose bumps every time remembering the footy in the 90s. Hasnt been the same since, but the kids are the real deal now I keep telling wifey. She reckons I have been saying that for 20 years and they have all grown up and retired by now. Hate to say it but she is probably right. But surely one can keep dreaming cant they. Im sure they are the real deal now though 😂😳

Ahh, the days when footy was great. Its never been the same since. We have lost the personalities. Its gone too political and woke (can I say that word on here) since then. The commentators were brilliant too back then (not the stat driven ones of today). Ahh I must be getting old & grumpy or maybe we just keep losing all the time

Aah, nothing like stoking a culture war on BigFooty. Save it for ‘Sky News After Dark’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back