- Availability: to be assessed following the Club’s Round 14 bye

Adam Cerra (hamstring)

David Cuningham (calf)

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Matthew CottrellFootUnderwent scans which revealed navicular stress reaction. Club will work through rehabilitation plan in coming weeks.
Availability: to be reassessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 14 May)
David CuninghamCalfAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Jack MartinCalfAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringExperienced a high-grade hamstring strain at training on Sunday.
Availability: 8-12 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Marc PittonetFingerDid not require surgery.
Availability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 28 May)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)

Aren't we also forgetting that both Martin and Motlop had completely different injuries walking into the season?

One was a back and the other was a toe.
A couple of weeks later, they both sustain hamstring strains during rehab.
Another couple of weeks later, they both aggravate the hamstrings and miss a further month.

Something certainly stinks here with the S&C program.

We seriously need to sack Andrew Russell before he ruins Walsh career with back injuries.

I don’t know the reasons but for people on the outside to call for sackings and make serious accusations without knowledge sickens me

It’s a bloody tough game and injuries happen. Is it the players, the conditioning, the surface, luck or something else? I don’t know

I trust whatever decision Cook comes up with

I've actually got some views on Russell that I'll post on the other thread at some stage....not potting the bloke, just raising a few questions based on past experience.

We all appreciate that we have injury prone players, but what I can't get my head around is the number of injuries that are occuring during training sessions. It's now just too frequent, and I'm tipping that behind closed doors, there'd be a few honest conversations happening right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame Russel didn’t go at the end of last season, perhaps if someone else was running this area. A bunch of these players everyone says are injury prone may not have had these injuries and we’d all be saying thank god we didn’t delist them.
Coulda Shoulda Woulda. It's been a below average return for 6 years, shocking that they have kept him at the club.

I don’t know the reasons but for people on the outside to call for sackings and make serious accusations without knowledge sickens me

It’s a bloody tough game and injuries happen. Is it the players, the conditioning, the surface, luck or something else? I don’t know

I trust whatever decision Cook comes up with
Far too many injuries at our club over a sustained period.

SurreyBlue I guarantee cunners won't make it... book mark me...I hate saying it as i was a huge fan...fantasia is more durable... and shown more over his career lol

I’d like to know how we intend to replace such players?
Cuningham (has something we lack and need - run and pace), Marchbank (our 2nd best KP), Martin (best small). Can we replace them overnight? I anticipate such list changes to place even a bigger question mark on our depth and premiership aspirations.
Let’s look at the depth and backup for Marchbank’s position for instance, it’s not like S Durdin has played more than 1 game this year or even more than a handful previously. It’s obvious that Voss doesn’t like playing Young with Weitering. What is our plan if Weitering goes down, especially when so many are advocating Young to be delisted as well!

Get our conditioning team to earn their money and we have a different discussion, even if we can utilise these guys for 3/4 of the year! Let’s work out what the issue is and not jump at shadows nd shoot ourselves in the foot with such key players.

Far too many injuries at our club over a sustained period.
From what Cook said recently the club is involved in an ongoing investigation of this matter, this isn't something that can be fixed overnight, I imagine that we will see some changes at the season's end.

Cuningham (has something we lack and need - run and pace), Marchbank (our 2nd best KP), Martin (best small). Can we replace them overnight? I anticipate such list changes to place even a bigger question mark on our depth and premiership aspirations.
Let’s look at the depth and backup for Marchbank’s position for instance, it’s not like S Durdin has played more than 1 game this year or even more than a handful previously. It’s obvious that Voss doesn’t like playing Young with Weitering. What is our plan if Weitering goes down, especially when so many are advocating Young to be delisted as well!

Get our conditioning team to earn their money and we have a different discussion, even if we can utilise these guys for 3/4 of the year! Let’s work out what the issue is and not jump at shadows nd shoot ourselves in the foot with such key players.
I would love these guys to be fit and firing and playing a big part in our push for a premiership but continuing to keep them on the list in the forlorn hope that they will come good is actually what will kill our hopes of winning one. Cuningham is in his 10th season and we are still waiting, these guys can't be relied upon.

Cuningham being injured isn’t costing us a flag. IMO he is just average at best. He was rightfully dropped at the end of last season.

Marchbank and Martin are the ones who can move the dial. Both play critical roles and at their best are above average.

Way too early to call it.
nope

coaches and players need continuity more than anything else in any team that is truly contending because continuity breeds players knowing how each play and how to play better together - makes everything easier not harder

Carlton does things the hard way because every week the team is pretty much different in key aspects..every week...

the teams with more rather than less continuity in playing personnel have big advantages which come to play in finalse especially

This year we lost Silvgani and Docherty for the year
now add: Martin/McGovern/Motlop/Fogarty/Williams/Cuningham/Cerra/Marchbank add Pittonet now

not forgetting Weityering and Walsh for the start of the year

all of these blokes were important contributors in the run up to and in finals last year - all missing for extended periods all year

There is no comparison between the team being played every week and teh team that made a prelim last year - or very very little

it is a testament to Voss and his team being able to get teh results beating GWS/Melbourne/Brisbane - but no surprises losing to Geelong or Collingwood and Axelaide given all the missing class.

The only way thsi gets fixed is if by some miracle no more injuries and we get back most of the above for an extended week in week out availability for the rest of the season - wont happen.

Arent these list management questions?

KPD depth, as in a true FB has been an issue since Liam Jones went.

Marchbank was always brought in as an intercepting 3rd tall, not lock down FB

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back