- Availability: test

David Cuningham (calf)

Orazio Fantasia (illness)

Mitch McGovern (hamstring)
- Availability: one week

Matt Carroll (groin)
- Remains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: test. (Update: 30 April)
David CuninghamCalfAvailability: test. (Update: 30 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Orazio FantasiaIllnessAvailability: test. (Update: 30 April)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankBackProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 30 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)

Because it was a wrong adjudication

So, If he was fit to play this week we would have…I assume the 10k is gone even if we won the case is the reason why

Ya gotta keep the bastards honest, that’s why…and Christian is definitely one of those

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You do realise that someone who has broken their wrist in a spoil would have done significant damage to the person being hit high…if he was, which he wasn’t

What’s done is done.

Time to move on!

Sorry if this has been covered previously, but I've only noticed for the first time.
Mirkov out indefinitely due to conditioning, on a modified program? What in the world is that about?
Did he show up to preseason out of shape?
Didn't he have that heart issue last year? Maybe there is a still a issue there

Sorry if this has been covered previously, but I've only noticed for the first time.
Mirkov out indefinitely due to conditioning, on a modified program? What in the world is that about?

Coming back from heart surgery last year

Expecting to see some big games from Owies, Durdin, Hollands and Fantasia coming up. All pretty much guaranteed games with Fog, Martin and Motlop sidelined.

Can't imagine we can take all 7 into next year - so hoping to see some real intensity to cement their spot in the team for September and the upcoming 4-peat.

Your honour not happy with a conviction, suspended sentence, no fine for J walking, so I would like to appeal

By the way, given I am hospital with a broken leg from that car hitting me, any appeal would need to be conducted via video link
They should of appealed out of principle. If the club and Fog were genuinely contesting the footy they should of challenged. Part of the defence could've been Fog is already out for 4 weeks, but it was a genuine football action and he was genuinely going for a spoil.

Shits and giggles.
AFL: Alright, it's been downgraded to a fine, you're free to play...
Blues: Fogarty; injured - broken wrist - 6 weeks.

C'mon, now that's funny.

That’s probably the other reason we didn’t challenge, chance of it being a fine and costing him money out of his own pocket

Can’t believe the AFL injury update said Marchbank suffered a back injury while progressing through the concussion protocols. This guy really can’t catch a break. 😮

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise that someone who has broken their wrist in a spoil would have done significant damage to the person being hit high…if he was, which he wasn’t

Injury doesn’t work like that.

The impact could cause damage to one player or both. It depends on angle of impact and the force going through different structures.

The force through a small bone of the wrist with little muscle tissue might cause a fracture but that same force through a larger bone surrounded by muscle may only cause a bruise or little to no damage.

In any case as previously posted, ‘reading the room’ and ‘picking your battles’ may have been a significant factor.

I get the standing your ground argument though!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mirkov had heart surgery and whilst he has been training throughout the pre season his program would be very different to any other player.

Can’t see him staying on the list if he’s out of contract this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t believe the AFL injury update said Marchbank suffered a back injury while progressing through the concussion protocols. This guy really can’t catch a break. 😮
The sore back was from the same incident as the concussion, not the concussion protocols. Pretty sure.

The sore back was from the same incident as the concussion, not the concussion protocols. Pretty sure.

Yeah, probably just an error from whichever AFL reporter wrote that injury article on their website for all the clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back