Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be nice to have a Grigg on the list that can hit a target with the left boot.
Pretty keen on him a couple of years ago. Really stood out for Norwood before crows ressies came in. But has stagnated a bit. Not sure why. That concerns me.

I haven't really seen him play so I can't judge his skill as a player. However I'm a little concerned we're thinking about recruiting a midfielder who:

A) didn't play a game this year while playing every game in the SANFL
B) plays for a team that lost its most important midfielder over the preseason and didn't replace him with a player outside the club
C) plays for a team who has declared that the midfield is its area of greatest weakness yet still didn't give the guy a shot

I haven't really seen him play so I can't judge his skill as a player. However I'm a little concerned we're thinking about recruiting a midfielder who:

B) plays for a team that lost its most important midfielder over the preseason and didn't replace him with a player outside the club
C) plays for a team who has declared that the midfield is its area of greatest weakness yet still didn't give the guy a shot

If we do indeed take Grigg, our thinking may be that he's a better option than Graham.

If one FA comes in.......one un-contracted player likely to go out.

If their list manager's negotiating tactics are any indication, I don't think they really know what they're saying.

That being said, Adelaide's midfield is almost entirely role players aside from Thompson (old), Sloane and B.Crouch (young). They sought Gibbs to get another dynamic type in there, not a role player.

Grigg and Lyons are role players, and Grigg will add to our clearances more so than Kerridge and Boekhorst's 2016 efforts.

EDIT: Sloane, not Laird

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide will need to delist Grigg to free up a spot for Gibbs .

Wait , wut ?

Grigg may not be high priority on Adelaide's list but they don't have a particularly deep/quality midfield and they've also moved on Lyons.

Reckon they may be after Barlow to cover short term, until they figure out why they didn't take Gibbs when they could have/should have.

Grigg may not be high priority on Adelaide's list but they don't have a particularly deep/quality midfield and they've also moved on Lyons.

Reckon they may be after Barlow to cover short term, until they figure out why they didn't take Gibbs when they could have/should have.
They're still set to take 4 picks into the draft you'd think, so there's a good chance to score 2 or 3 midfield upgrades in the medium term.

They're still set to take 4 picks into the draft you'd think, so there's a good chance to score 2 or 3 midfield upgrades in the medium term.

Adelaide are positioning themselves for Premierships and young talent, no matter how good it may look in the first year, always take time to season.

The Crouch brothers may well come on, but given how poorly the Adelaide midfield performed in the Final without Sloane, the heat may have been cranked up for more quality midfielders.........but they made a mess of things, instead.

Tried to find some opinion about Grigg on the Adelaide board but all their threads are basically different versions of "trade week was a disaster, Reid is a waste of space and Roo has too much power"
They really did handle that poorly. Almost astounding in their unprofessionalism.

Conditioned by previous player exits ( Jacobs and Betts) to get quality from Carlton for nothing - they wanted Gibbs cheap or not at all - simple as that. It is small town chest puffery and bravado at its finest and delivered diddly squat.

If Gibbs is traded next year - it will eb Carlton shopping him around for the best deal Carlton can get. If there is trruth to the rumour that Gibbs' payments have been heavily front loaded - evenm more leverage to Carlton in any negotiation needing Gibbs' consent.

SOS played this perfefctly - Adelaide displayed amateur hour.

If Gibbs is traded next year - it will eb Carlton shopping him around for the best deal Carlton can get. If there is trruth to the rumour that Gibbs' payments have been heavily front loaded - evenm more leverage to Carlton in any negotiation needing Gibbs' consent.

Gibbs will be a year older. If Adelaide finish in the prelim, we might get 15 or higher and Ellis-Yolmen as a steak-knife - wishing we'd taken 13 when it was offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back