Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All rumours & theories by Earl Spalding are now rendered debunked & void.

To be fair though, I was told by a good source a fortnight back that O'Meara was staying put so as someone once said "things change".

They are not.

Information is not about certainty. Earl might have got a bad line on that info, or he might have made s**t up.

One bad apple doesn't mean all apples are bad. Nor does it mean that the rest are good.

So maybe the rumourer had his/her wires crossed.

O'Meara's management probably wanted $1,500,000 for 2 years. Gold Coast replying cul8r is perfectly understandable.

They are not.

Information is not about certainty. Earl might have got a bad line on that info, or he might have made s**t up.

One bad apple doesn't mean all apples are bad. Nor does it mean that the rest are good.
Er, think you'll find one bad apple will send the rest bad quick sticks.

Er, think you'll find one bad apple will send the rest bad quick sticks.

Maybe.

I reckon Earl looks suss as * with his free-flowing rumour style sounding more like gossip then inside word, but I won't hold to the once wrong always wrong fallacy.

Earl might be on to some rumours, and might be way off on others. Tread cautiously for sure, but I aint gonna call bullshit for eternity like some

Maybe.

I reckon Earl looks suss as **** with his free-flowing rumour style sounding more like gossip then inside word, but I won't hold to the once wrong always wrong fallacy.

Earl might be on to some rumours, and might be way off on others. Tread cautiously for sure, but I aint gonna call bullshit for eternity like some
I wouldn't be passing on rumours even if the stuff was straight from a player's mouth. Don't get the need to be the one with the scoop. Not to mention betrayal of trust. It all comes out in the wash - and even that is a dirty lie. On saying that, I think it's only fair to disclose that a former Number 1 pick who followed us as a kid might be looking around for a new home.

Maybe.

I reckon Earl looks suss as **** with his free-flowing rumour style sounding more like gossip then inside word, but I won't hold to the once wrong always wrong fallacy.

In the end, this is a rumours thread so if I'm at a pub and overhear someone say " a mate of xxxx told me he is going to play for xxxx" does that qualify as a rumour? The nature of rumours is some will be on the mark, some won't. I know in my case, a family member in a Carlton Coterie regularly passes info to me about Blues and other teams as well. Based on what he has told me over the past 3 years, id say his strike rate is 60% correct. However, I am loathe to share them because of the backlash if one falls on it's arse.
I will add this though, it's not what is said, but how you say it and if ole Duke has one thing to maybe change, it's the definitive nature of his posting style. Nothing is certain until its happened.

How is this different to the discussions in the Draft thread, for example, where it's all hypothetical and discussion just toggle between who's top 5 for the day, hour, minute of the day?
Well that is a good question indeed. Still those who post and read get some fun out of it no doubt otherwise they wouldn't post or read and others can just ..you know do what I do...ignore it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end, this is a rumours thread so if I'm at a pub and overhear someone say " a mate of xxxx told me he is going to play for xxxx" does that qualify as a rumour? The nature of rumours is some will be on the mark, some won't. I know in my case, a family member in a Carlton Coterie regularly passes info to me about Blues and other teams as well. Based on what he has told me over the past 3 years, id say his strike rate is 60% correct. However, I am loathe to share them because of the backlash if one falls on it's arse.
I will add this though, it's not what is said, but how you say it and if ole Duke has one thing to maybe change, it's the definitive nature of his posting style. Nothing is certain until its happened.

Share them!

Ppl only cop backlash when they say it in definitive terms like it's 100% done deal...only to be proven wrong.

Yes the overriding fact is things can change at any moment and the player may change his mind.

But when posting the rumour, posters just need to re-iterate that or phrase it better...

eg 'As of right now, Prestia has indicated he wants to come to Carlton' rather than 'Prestia will be a blue next year'

Did you read the second line of my post ??? o_O

Yeah.

So you hold someone else to a different standard then yourself. Seems human to me.

All I'm saying is I'll listen to all of the rumours and judge them myself

The nature of rumours is some will be on the mark, some won't. I know in my case, a family member in a Carlton Coterie regularly passes info to me about Blues and other teams as well. Based on what he has told me over the past 3 years, id say his strike rate is 60% correct.
Fans have an appetite for information but one wonders who within the inner sanctum of football club(s), media and/or managers is leaking such information. Maybe the club needs a propaganda unit to deliberately spread false innuendo about rival players we have no desire for. ;) I'm sure Collingwood indulge in such practices given ever player in the AFL has been linked to them as a destination club.

Fans have an appetite for information but one wonders who within the inner sanctum of football club(s), media and/or managers is leaking such information. Maybe the club needs a propaganda unit to deliberately spread false innuendo about rival players we have no desire for. ;) I'm sure Collingwood indulge in such practices given ever player in the AFL has been linked to them as a destination club.

I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs/sports actually do that. Smoke and mirrors.

Put it out there someone is looking for a trade and see what eventuated from it. Almost like putting the feelers out to see if any other clubs take the bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back