Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup plenty of wriggle room there, deal will be done. Though IMO we need it to happen ASAP and not at the death. With pick 10 and a second round pick for instance Dodoro would be crapping his dacks that will come over the top and blow up his trade plans re: Saad or Stringer.

eg 10 for Saad + 20 back, 20 for stringer.... would love this to happen!

Plus 2nd round for Kennedy and a couple steak knives.
Wouldn't it be great if SOS can get Kennedy, Stringer and Saad for Gibbs with Pick 3 still in his pocket? Essendon have a decent hand though and would the players themselves flip? While the anticipatory tension builds, the possibility of getting SFA lingers!

Last edited:
I say stuff future relations with GWS, pick 39 for Kennedy sounds great to me!

Minor gain for long term pain trading wise. Probably shortsighted.

You know what? * GWS! Them holding out on us (to see what eventuated with Gibbs) last year with Marchbank totally effed our whole trade period. If their players continue to nominate us then they will be forced to deal with us, notwithstanding the fact that the players we actually want (Shiel, Kelly) will be Free Agents in the near future and trading won't matter so much anyway

You know what? **** GWS! Them holding out on us (to see what eventuated with Gibbs) last year with Marchbank totally effed our whole trade period. If their players continue to nominate us then they will be forced to deal with us, notwithstanding the fact that the players we actually want (Shiel, Kelly) will be Free Agents in the near future and trading won't matter so much anyway

The first rule of putting in place a sustainably winning trading culture is to understand that good trades don't have to be zero sum games- win win outcomes are more conducive to future success than win / lose outcomes.

You know what? **** GWS! Them holding out on us (to see what eventuated with Gibbs) last year with Marchbank totally effed our whole trade period. If their players continue to nominate us then they will be forced to deal with us, notwithstanding the fact that the players we actually want (Shiel, Kelly) will be Free Agents in the near future and trading won't matter so much anyway

Yep.Last year was a farce.
I have a feeling there will be less an less official free agents for a year or two (til the AFL change the rules again!) Reason being in say Shiel's case he indicates he wants to go home "but I really love GWS and da boyz" and GWS says "sign for a year then so we get some value in trading you at season's end". Do others feel this sort of thing is likely?

Wouldn't it be great if SOS can get Kennedy, Stringer and Saad for Gibbs with Pick 3 still in his pocket? Essendon have a decent hand though and would the players themselves flip? While the anticipatory tension builds, the possibility of getting SFA lingers!

Stringer hasn't nominated a club so no flip required from him.

Long term pain, get out of here! :p

The AFL's never ending supply of freebies to GWS has ended, may as well treat them like any other club now.

You don't want a bad reputation for trading. All clubs will be hesitant to deal with you.

At worst it will be our 2018 2nd for the 2018 3rd acquired yesterday as part of the Smith trade. Kennedy will be in blue, make no mistake.
Would be nice to keep our second round next year as it should be a quality player in a deep draft. Also a risk that BSOS requires our 2018 1st round pick (if we improve a bit) leaving us with only BSOS plus the third round+.

Would it make more sense to hand over #39 plus swap 2018 third round picks? (#39 is only 3 picks after the required second round pick so this is a win to GWS).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
Would be nice to keep our second round next year as it should be a quality player in a deep draft. Also a risk that BSOS requires our 2018 1st round pick (if we improve a bit) leaving us with only BSOS plus the third round+.

Would it make more sense to hand over #39 plus swap 2018 third round picks? (#39 is only 3 picks after the required second round pick so this is a win to GWS).
would prefer to use #39, don't want to use the PSD as that's another 6 weeks away. Ben will go in the 3rd round at this stage so we should be ok there.

And how's that going to help our medium term mid problem?
Unfortunately we don't just have a mid problem though do we? Stringer would value add big time. Saad apparently so. Kennedy joining a plethora of developing types (SPS etc) plus returning players (Cripps, E Curnow) our midfield is not going to miss Gibbs as much as people think. Then there is pick 3 (or 7,8!)Yes, we do need a big fish or two very soon. Shiel type perhaps? As my comment indicated I doubt the suggestion of Kennedy, Stringer,Saad will get done as our poker face trading style has collapsed before and * are in the box seat to complete a pretty decent trio and we are not, again. We need to find a way to get Kennedy to keep the deal from Gibbs trade dependancy. If we miss out on Kennedy then the old saying " a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" will never be more apt.

I missed out on all the fun last night. Damn it.

I'm getting past R on Spotify, which is a musical alphabetical bonus.

Get onto the Shaggs.

My S list has Soundgarden, Spiderbait, The Shins, Stone Temple Pilots, Silverchair (early stuff), Seasick Steve and for giggles... Spinal Tap...

Seasick Steve is awsome ! Nice bluesy sound and he's our walking man ..

Sheryl Crow (The Book is Killer), The Shins, Sique Sique Sputnik (hell yeah), Silverchair, Smiths, Sneaker Pimps, Soundgarden, Squeeze, Steely Dan, Steve Miller.......amongst others.

Liking the S's.

They are very confident over here. Some random the other night in the pub started giving me s**t outta nowhere.

Have had a love/hate relationship with the Aussies of late, and still upset by what happened to Katich, but my word do I want them to win this one...

Didn't one of the Steely Dan fella's pass away the other week ? Great musos those blokes ..

Yep, Walter shuffled off.

Saw them live 5 or so years ago.

They did 'Peg' and I lost 7 of my remaining 27 marbles.

Magic.

My daughter sang Strong by London the other day at a talent show for her school and came second ..bloody beatiful song .was so proud ..

Screaming Trees

Also available in white

infant-bloomer.jpg

Some of my preferred S's - Sigur Ros, Soundgarden, Spiderbait, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Silverchair, Superjesus, Something for Kate, Slipknot, Sarah McLachlan, Sunk Loto, System of a Down, Stone Temple Pilots and Smashing Pumpkins,

Was probably our most solid reliable batsman at the time, why he was dropped I'll never know irc it had something to do with Clark . Might be wrong on that though .

Sonic Youth

Stone Temple Pilots is one of those great bands that got lost under the overrated fad that was grunge.

Shangri la de da, is a wash of magnificent psychedelic pop.

People say they were a singles group, I say they are an album band.

My pal foot foot

Good list, how about Stonesour?

******* criminal what they did to him...

Booted with an avg. over 50...fmd...

He assaulted princess Clarke and was boring (I loved him) and didn’t respect the captain

He was still playing twenty /20 not long back and was still smacking the pill all over the place .

After Husseys final test at the SCG, Clarke, unbeknownst to the rest of the team had organised a party on Packers boat/yacht floaty thing, whereas the Aussies wanted to stay in the SCG sheds and soak it in.

When Pup tried to pull rank, Katich had him by the throat against a wall.

Andy Symonds clouted him in the West Indies, after a dusk to dawn drinking session with B.C Lara, day 2 of a Test Match.

Not too many of our players did respect Clarky especially in his earlier days i think Clarkey had his head so far up his arse he turned inside out .

I think most of Australia agrees he never should have been dropped. At a time when we needed batsmen our second best was playing state level because Clarke was a princess

Edit: Actually third, Hussey was still around then

Katich was my absolute fave from that era...

I was so pissed off, honestly gave the game away for a while.

And borked his missus Lara .... Clarke left the NZ tour to come back to Aus to try and sort it out.

Loved watching Andy in full flight, such a talent.One of the best 50 over innings I've seen was his 140 odd in a world cup i think it was when the Aussies had their backs to the wall ..

Could do with a dash of Salt ‘n’ Pepa....

Little surprised you haven’t got some Savage Garden actually. Or do you? Yeah, you so do....

Spice girls

Courtney, you big, junkie, stripper horse.

No-one does that growl.

Her and Melissa was the big show, back in the day.

Summer of me turning 17.

Pre drinks at a mates, hot sister involved, Spice Girls on tap.

Not my finest form, was worth it though.

Tassie nightlife seemed great underage. Never reached those heights again.

You on random now? Alphabet done?

Too good.

Bout 5 years ago, getting drunk at a hotel bar in Sydney, my friend manages the hotel. Very early in the morning Mel B invites me and my missus up to her room with her husband. Boy is she attractive. Boy is she a potty mouth. ''Twas a no from us though.

Now that’s a story!! 3am gold :thumbsu:

Sex Pistols, Smashing Pumpkins, Santana

Stealers Wheel...this thread reminds me of one of their songs. :D

I don't know why I came here tonight.
Clowns to left of me, jokers to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle with you.

Can't believe no one has mentioned The Stone Roses.

Massive fan.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And you call yourself a horse trainer!! ... pfft. Shambolic!

Fools Gold

Kennedy was Pick 13
Kennedy was a pick #13 but only cost GWS two picks #34 and #40 to match Richmond's bid.
He is a solid player who is clearly outside GWS best 22 so his value has dropped. He will be further back next year as players return from injury, recent draftees mature, and they add new kids.

Hence GWS get a not unreasonable return with pick #39 (only three picks outside the second round), and can go again for something they need. More importantly, it decreases their salary cap pressure to retain the best 22.

Hope we complete trade soon.

Just as a point of interest does anyone else think that the fact that GWS seem to be shopping Kennedy around means that we have no plans to couple him with another player/s in a package deal as the last 2 years?

Seems to me that we can disregard thoughts of Scully, Himmelberg or even a Salary dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back