Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then maybe we trade out both state league "free hits" and get back 2 x 2nd rounders, or a 2nd and a 3rd?

Mate, you don't get nothing for nothing anymore. We are where we are because of our own doing, the club has come out and said as much.

Don't be sucked in by the win/loss ratio. Injuries were a HUGE factor, the club knows it, opposition clubs know it and the AFL know it.

Don't get me wrong, if they gave us a PP I'd take it, but we don't need it.
I understand where we are at, been pretty consistent all season on it.

My problem is that the AFL offering assistance should be something that actually helps, not adds to our current woes. Having to do several deals to turn a couple of state league level players into a mid first round pick seems a waste of our limited resources at the busiest time of the year for recruiters and list management staff.

If the AFL doesn’t add in a priority pick after all the crap that Gil played out in the media, then he is wasting our time and not really helping solve the problem. Makes no sense at all.

:drunk: fmd, this thread has gone into all sorts of melts, it aint making or breaking our re build IF we dont get a PP, until AFL and or Carlton confirms anything i will be taking every report with a grain of salt.
if we all take things with a grain of salt - that's a lot of salt........a lot ..........of salt.........a..............lot.......

Pick 1 for MM + Pick 7
Pick 7 for Shiel

Turns 1 into Shiel and MM. Your list management say the next step is recruiting a certain age bracket which would fit the above trade.

Leaves 23 and 24 to work for Setterfield or the draft.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it was already agreed with gws that 7 is enough for Shiel I'd consider it.

Guess would be that they feel you guys, and GC, need help - you apply for priority pick (which no club should ever get) all the clubs rightly kick up a stink and AFL negotiate back to give you what you actually need - a free kick to the best ready to go players in the land

A priority draft pick - unless they stipulated you had too trade - doesn’t make you any better next year but potentially helps you be really strong in 3-4 years down the track. And that’s not the point of it - it’s about being at least competitive in the next season
You're right in theory, but I'd argue most mature age state league players aren't even AFL quality and would be just as or less impactful as a good 18 year old.

For every Tim Kelly and Isaac Smith there are 3 Blaine Boekhurst's.

At the end of the day the AFL needs to scrap the priority picks entirely or come up with a system behind it.

I'm not seeing these deals (other than McGovern) getting done without the PP. We would be mad to give up Pick #1 for Shiel & Setterfield.
Shiel & Greene on the other hand...

Lol id trade pick 1 for Shiel and setterfield easily...overrating draft picks.

Shiel is probably about what we would hope Walsh could become amd the setterfield was in contention for pick 1 only two years ago...

The article I read said they could. If not, then we work with what we have to.
If we can trade the picks or player will be a much better deal.

But I can see the AFL wanting us to improve in the short term with two extra mature players on our list and not another young player. McGovern would fit the plan I guess.

And I would do anything for Mitch
I'd run right into hell and back
I would do anything for Mitch
I'd never lie to you and that's a fact
But I'll never forget the way you feel right now
Oh no, no way
And I would do anything for Mitch
Oh I would do anything for Mitch
I would do anything for love, but I won't do that
No, I won't do that

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you change Mitch to Gov it'll sound right purty like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand where we are at, been pretty consistent all season on it.

My problem is that the AFL offering assistance should be something that actually helps, not adds to our current woes. Having to do several deals to turn a couple of state league level players into a mid first round pick seems a waste of our limited resources at the busiest time of the year for recruiters and list management staff.

If the AFL doesn’t add in a priority pick after all the crap that Gil played out in the media, then he is wasting our time and not really helping solve the problem. Makes no sense at all.

At face value I agree, but these clowns have been working through this for weeks I reckon. It wouldn't surprise me if it hasn't already been sorted out.

Lol id trade pick 1 for Shiel and setterfield easily...overrating draft picks.

Shiel is probably about what we would hope Walsh could become amd the setterfield was in contention for pick 1 only two years ago...

Sell the farm for a short term gain, when Sheil can be got next year for nothing but cash.... and Setterfield’s got a 1/3 chance of another ACL, madness.

I’m afraid we’re going to make rash decisions to attempt to get a quick jump to save Bolton’s job.

Well then maybe we trade out both state league "free hits" and get back 2 x 2nd rounders, or a 2nd and a 3rd?

Mate, you don't get nothing for nothing anymore. We are where we are because of our own doing, the club has come out and said as much.

Don't be sucked in by the win/loss ratio. Injuries were a HUGE factor, the club knows it, opposition clubs know it and the AFL know it.

Don't get me wrong, if they gave us a PP I'd take it, but we don't need it.

Hey, just wanted to confirm if it’s two players or one? According to the website it’s only one player per club

B961D7CA-2CD5-41B2-A4D3-8F84122A5E9D.jpeg

Hey, just wanted to confirm if it’s two players or one? According to the website it’s only one player per club

View attachment 563663

Hmmm.. the article I read said 'at least 1'.
I suppose until it's official, no-one really knows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back