Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with Mcgovern and Setterfield personally don't rate Newman or Fasolo i doubt either will be on our list in 3 years time, I feel the big win will be with Josh Kelly up for grabs next year the pies, bombers, hawks, demons, cats and tigers wont have the assets or cap room to trade for him which leaves us the dogs, saints and north competing for him.

I can't see him picking the dogs over us even though he has a friendship with bontempelli, with the saints I feel our list is in a much better position in regards to our younger players which leaves North and us, If we can't convince a player like Kelly to choose us over North then weare in huge trouble as a club.

The whole SOS has done a great job narrative on here seems well unearned.

This was pretty much another wait and see trade period, which isn't bad, but really only means that the team is marginally better than where they were at the end of this season.

SOS doesn't get any credit for drafting Walsh, and to go in to the draft (as of now) with really only the one pick, doesn't really sit well. I'd want to see him move back in the draft, gain another B+/A asset, AND draft Walsh before I can take an immediate, positive spin outta the last couple of weeks.
Couldn't be more wrong, we've brought in 2 long term best 22 players while keeping our 1st rounders this year and next. We're at the stage in our build where we don't need mass changes, we just need time.

P.S. Picks can be traded for up until draft night, so you're going off early on the lack of picks as well.

Seriously though anyone else feeling betrayed ?
For a hardcore carlton supporter growing up to choose the scum. Having delayed emotions I am
That seems to be the way with modern footy. Players who somehow end up at the club they supported as kids nowadays get there by coincidence rather than design. No place for romance anymore it seems.

This was pretty much another wait and see trade period, which isn't bad, but really only means that the team is marginally better than where they were at the end of this season.

SOS doesn't get any credit for drafting Walsh, and to go in to the draft (as of now) with really only the one pick, doesn't really sit well. I'd want to see him move back in the draft, gain another B+/A asset, AND draft Walsh before I can take an immediate, positive spin outta the last couple of weeks.
So who is this B+/A asset you're speaking of? Do tell what trades you would have done differently and explain how you would've completed them.

So Essendon and Collingwood both cough up two first rounders for Shiel and Beams respectively.

The Pies just played in the granny. That trade is at least understandable.

The other team, *, lost to us, and are once overestimating themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with FA is that there has been bugger all top players actually go as FA's and it looks like it could become even less.
The best it looks like you might get now days are the mid range types like Lycett, Motlop and Rockliff

Yeah, fair point. The culture is very different to the US. Money seems to be less of a factor and 'going home' seems to be much stronger.

However, I do think Richmond were the true winners of this trade period for that reason. Got a genuine stud of the competition and didn't give up anything (except cap space)

We didn’t lose a top 22 (let alone top 2) player via trade this year and got 80% of the targets we chased; kept both pick 1 and future 1st rounder. Massive ticks for mine.!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah how many teams lost good players this year?

A few teams imo got weaker over trade period, some broke even losing a good player but gaining one etc...
We improved our best 22, our targeted age group and kept our high picks.

Only negative is not getting an absolute gun eg Shiel but that's basically impossible after a 2 win season so yeah...pretty much as good a trade period as we could have hoped for.

I'm hoping Kerridge and Lamb are rookied and move on Lebois, Graham and don't know what to do with Rowe.

For now I'd give the period about a B.
Obviously it's extremely subjective so everyone's will be different.

Setterfield and McGovern for the price we paid I'm extremely happy with. Both contracted so i think we came out of it alright although I would've loved McAdam.
Fasolo and Newman I don't rate so although I think they'll get games I don't think they'll offer us what we need.
I also would've liked to have done something with pick 1 as for me there is zero difference between pick 1 and 4 so I think there was and still is a huge opportunity there.
As I said it's extremely subjective though

Think you are being a bit harsh. Not sure what more SOS could have done.

- McGovern and Setterfield are both terrific additions, for various reasons.
- Fasolo and Newman are effectively free hits and give us some much needed experience.
- We've kept pick one (thus far) despite no doubt some very serious offers coming our way over the past fortnight.

I have said all along that I would like another pick in that top 20, but the fact we haven't achieved that (yet) should not detract significantly from what we have achieved.

The trade period overall was a success.

Yeah, fair point. The culture is very different to the US. Money seems to be less of a factor and 'going home' seems to be much stronger.

However, I do think Richmond were the true winners of this trade period for that reason. Got a genuine stud of the competition and didn't give up anything (except cap space)
Yep agree they absolutely killed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back