Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy watching the views of Teague in the coaches box, clearly pondering and thinking. He is not interested in acting like a Diva when the Cameras are on him like the Scott Twins.

Scotts are divas?!? I can't believe you would say that!

giphy (5).gif

Any news on director of coaching if there is one?

He's on his way ...

images

His output is pretty consistent unlike many others. So I don't agree that he is only depth. He is close to 30 so eventually his time will come but for now he is serving the team really well and I expect that will be the case at least next year and maybe the following year. Third year from now he may struggle to get senior games but he could still be used as back up and play more games in the twos. As our team performances get better so will his output imo.
Put it this way, if we get a good run of games in our talls he would be struggling for games.

We copped a lot of injuries this year so he played heaps. He is depth.

I get a churning feeling in my guts that there is more going on behind the scenes around Gil’s comments. I wouldn’t put it past those putrid administrators at AFL house to subsidise the contract difference with a greater ambassadorial role at GWS for Coniglio just to keep him there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Barrett also reiterated 10CP post about the offer to Daisy being there, but they can't guarantee him playing 1s every week. I trust Barrett much more than Browne

I suspect Browne, Barrett et al get half their goss from BigFooty.com...

“We complain when Gill doesn’t talk to people and then when he talks to people, you complain.

“What’s the guy supposed to do? He actually offers an opinion being a football person about the broader game.

bloody bartel. i still like him but this screams of going to the dark side (never mind that he is a GWS board member)

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a churning feeling in my guts that there is more going on behind the scenes around Gil’s comments. I wouldn’t put it past those putrid administrators at AFL house to subsidise the contract difference with a greater ambassadorial role at GWS for Coniglio just to keep him there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The thing that hit me most was when caro brought up ben king already wanting to leave the suns and asked gill if he would say the same thing to ben as he did with cogs and he didn't say a word

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to interrupt but I was led to believe that something important was happening today and I am yet to see it.

WTH?

I know South Aus is behind eastern states, but surely not by a whole day.... ;)

Teague Day is Thursday, Shan.

What is the obsession of quoting posts from the Hawks Boards. :rolleyes:

This.

People don't worry what they say over there and club boards are for ones own supporters exactly like this one. If you go onto other teams boards and are disrespectful you may cop bans just like opposition posters do here if they run the gauntlet.

“We complain when Gill doesn’t talk to people and then when he talks to people, you complain.

“What’s the guy supposed to do? He actually offers an opinion being a football person about the broader game.

“I’m not sure Gillon McLachlan’s opinion is really going to weigh in the final decision making of Stephen Coniglio.

“It’s good he’s actually said it, because down here in Victoria, there’s this constant barracking and supporting for players to leave the Gold Coast and the Giants.

“I actually don’t get why people are getting so offended.”

bloody bartel. i still like him but this screams of going to the dark side (never mind that he is a f-ing GWS board member)

Never knew he was on the GWS board...how did he get that gig?

This.

People don't worry what they say over there and club boards are for ones own supporters exactly like this one. If you go onto other teams boards and are disrespectful you may cop bans just like opposition posters do here if they run the gauntlet.

Well in this context, he was just posting a rumour on the Hawks site that suggested Coniglio was going to Hawthorn and nothing more.

I think that's valid, since Coniglio is the hottest rumour topic for us right now and Hawthorn have also been linked with him.

If I'm reading between the lines, I dare say we had every intention to wait until the end of the year however it's extremely hard to conduct a proper process whilst candidates are still working for the next 4-6 weeks. It would clearly be making us a bit uneasy trying to recruit without having a coach.

As much as it sounds bad I reckon we have cut our 'process' short and have seen enough from Teague. Strong push from fans, strong push from players, positive on-field results, he can start meeting with potential recruits etc. Just get it done so we can hit the ground running in the off-season.

We will get criticised like North did for pulling the trigger early but it's what's best.
Personally, i'd rather us wait till after this wekend's match against the Saints. Flog the saints, bravo he deserves it, close game, let's continue to do our due diligence but he's still in the box seat, we get smashed by 100 points, * we're in a North Melbourne situation here, have we appointed the wrong bloke without duing our due diligence, what if we're 5 and 0 at the start of next season...

Well in this context, he was just posting a rumour on the Hawks site that suggested Coniglio was going to Hawthorn and nothing more.

I think that's valid, since Coniglio is the hottest rumour topic for us right now and Hawthorn have also been linked with him.

Yeah true but it just makes people want to go there and reply with angst and then come back here gloating which is not on and creates not needed angst between team boards creating hell for us Mods!

By all means read them etc and reply respectfully but we don't need running updates on here about what other teams supporters are saying on their own team boards.

“I’m not sure Gillon McLachlan’s opinion is really going to weigh in the final decision making of Stephen Coniglio.

“It’s good he’s actually said it, because down here in Victoria, there’s this constant barracking and supporting for players to leave the Gold Coast and the Giants.

“I actually don’t get why people are getting so offended.”

bloody bartel. i still like him but this screams of going to the dark side (never mind that he is a f-ing GWS board member)
Bartel is a Giants Board member, and has a complete conflict of Interest. Sure he will back Gil up. He obviously wants Cogs to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back