Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you want the AFL’s #1 clearance player to play outside more?

p.s - I’m all for Wines. You can’t have enough A-grade mids.
Crippa and Wines....2 big hard bodies in the guts like Cunnington and Ziebell at Norf bullying the opposition. I haven't got a problem with that.
Having said that, wouldn't mind complimenting it with a Jayden Hunt type for the outside run.

Why would you want the AFL’s #1 clearance player to play outside more?

p.s - I’m all for Wines. You can’t have enough A-grade mids.

You beat me to it. This is where he is better than every other player in the game!

Although I’m out for wines. We’re dead set stacked for quality kids if we get the 3 main goals this trade period.

Good player, but better priorities for us imo. Great get for bombers though. Exactly who they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.

As i said earlier, i am a fan of Lyon, but i don't think he is a fit for Carlton atm or a fit for Teague. Teague is ready to stand on his own 2 feet with as good a quality Assistants as he/we can get around him.

Teague has had 12 years prep and a 10 week audition that says he is clearly ready.
Take this with a grain of salt I heard that the first bulldogs game Bolton let Teague run the game plan ditto first half Hawthorn game then reverted back to his after the loss Teague confronted Bolton at training

Take this with a grain of salt I heard that the first bulldogs game Bolton let Teague run the game plan ditto first half Hawthorn game then reverted back to his after the loss Teague confronted Bolton at training
It’s appropriate that your avatar looks like a salt shaker.

Fair enough, that probably does make sense from a cerebral coaching game plan perspective, but I guess personally I have (very) slight concerns with the aspects of Teague's game plan that has often seen us concede fast starts, or go significant patches without scoring goals (like the 2nd quarter v Richmond recently)

On the other hand, we are the last team to have beaten the red hot, top of the ladder Brisbane Lions, (which I am going to bask in until they lose lol) so maybe what Teague is doing is right, and doesn't need someone as defensively orientated as Lyon.

Would like a couple of fresh faces to our coaching panel at season's end though . Maybe we don't need an older/experienced type figure like Lyon as you say (would love a retired player like Kieran Jack with still a feel for the modern game)

Appreciate the feedback, It has certainly given me food for thought.
We’ll see a different side next year when Teague can do his own thing bit hard stepping in as he has for such a short time his results have been remarkable

Give him time over pre season to mould this team HIS way

The fact that free agency came in whilst they were a sexy club winning flags, coupled with the Clarko factor, will ensure it will be a hell of a long time before they bottom out. Just hope this time their salary cap pressures and our imminent rise has Cogs coming our way.

Hawks missed out on their original targets Lynch, McGovern and Shiel last year.
They don’t always get who they want. This ‘Clarko factor’ is just media bull crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines wasn’t displaying good leadership or discipline during the pre season.

His injury set back has really impacted his performances this season.
Why? Guy went water skiing injured shoulder?

Sorry don’t care how much you are paying players, they have every right to go out and have some fun with mate, he didn’t do anything illegal or even got drunk. It wasn’t during the season, it was simply bad luck.

What’s next no motorcycles or scooters incase they have an accident?

No sky diving or anything similar on end of season trips?

Wines wasn’t displaying good leadership or discipline during the pre season.

His injury set back has really impacted his performances this season.
He asked for permission and followed protocol, besides that he's been a good leader, hell even Cripps wasnt looking much like a leader at times this season... Think vs Gws... Point being, Wines is far better than this season and would be a ridiculously good get.

If wines asked for a trade - think hinkley be gone first — whenever coaches start playing around with senior players team selection and don’t get positive responses in my opinion there usually gone - unless of course the rest of the playing group has lost trust in wines which you would doubt ..josh Carr to coach them next year

I remember when Malthouse first came and started the idea of taking the captaincy off Judd and questioning whether he was right for the job — it was never going to gel well ..

Not Carlton related but Sorrento footy clubs captain made a comeback this weekend from full blown acl after only 9 weeks.

No surgery.

I've never heard of such a feat.

Got some advice from an EPL players physio after reading about it online.

I wonder how stable this type of rehab would be. Success rates etc. Could be a good option for older players later in their careers rather than full reco option.

Edit - link for anyone interested https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...y/news-story/0602daa7cd1754beb883b3de725e0bd1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back