Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refusing to overpay for players isn't a trade failure, its a success.

The Suns wouldn't accept a reasonable trade for Martin so now they will lose him for nothing in the draft.

Stop complaining and acting like the world is burning down, we still get Martin, unfortunately we don't get Papley, but we now have pick 9 in the draft!
Until we actually get Martin, then I am not certain it will actually happen.

Why is everyone so devastated? It's not SOS's fault. It takes two to tango and the other parties didn't want to dance. We still have the ability to pick up Martin in the PSD and Eddie is a pretty good short term alternative to Papley. We also have the improvement that should come from our existing players e.g. Cuningham and Stocker. Pick 9 might also be a pretty good player but will obviously be unlikely to help us much in the short term but in the long term ....

I do feel for Papley though - he and his girlfriend must be feeling pretty ordinary just at the moment. Long distance relationships can be hard to live with. Swans could see his form taper off pretty significantly if his home life is in relative disarray.

Another positive - do we really think that * will suddenly be able to resurect Daniher's broken body and lack of passion for football and the club. I think they have massively misjudged this and will regret is for a long, long time.

Reckon our club can overcome this speed bump just like Richmond did when Rance went down this year.

Ultimately, you cannot overpay. Unfortunately some trading partners don’t come to the party. Our net position is better having not pursued the terms put to us.

We are all frustrated, but it’s the right move. Now, which gun are we going to get at pick 9?

It's cute saying that but it wasn't the plan.
We've really made a mess of this whole trade period....we just have.
All the work has come to naught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie will be happy...all the pressure on a 32 year old.
Awesome trade period considering all the deals were done 2 days ago
Whatever!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What pressure is on Eddie? We will have 44 other players on our list.

All this carry on over Papley who was probably not even a top 10 player at Sydney, and Martin who was definitely not top 10 at Gold Coast, is pretty disrespectful to the guns we do have in our current side.

What the *! Have alternatives, have options, that’s 2 years in a row we’re we’ve managed F all at the trade circus, sorry but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!!! That’s a BIG FAIL SOS. Huge! Clubs know we can’t negotiate and exploit us. FFS Betts and Pittonet? FAIL!!!!!!

Oh boy. What an amazing melt by some in here.

At the end of the day, we have landed two of our targets, and will get a third for free.

Missing on Papley is frustrating but sounds as though that wasn't going to happen unless Daniher went through, so not sure what we can do there. He is and remains a contracted player.

Martin in the PSD is a very good result, GC is a laughing stock.

What's really annoying here is that the teams that we are directly competing with next year improved, whereas we did not. St Kilda, Kangaroos, Bombers and Hawks all come out winners here.

Since Jack Martin is out of contract, can’t Carlton pick him up as a delisted free agent after 31/10

No. Has to go through the draft or preseason draft.

what the hell do we pay sos for!!

Have you looked at the entirety of his work since 2015, when he came to the club?

Sure, 2019 is not a great trade period, but you shouldn’t trade for the sack of trading. SOS went for Papley who could’ve made a real difference, but he’s contracted. Others players that we were linked with, like Butler - how much of a difference would they have made?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back