Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manhattanite

Team Captain
Sep 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
These sorts of rumours always surface after the trade period..

Lukosius and Rankin back to Adelaide
King to the Saints
Dion Prestia to Melbourne etc

When Matty Kreuzer was drafted, I had a conversation with one of his immediate family members (who were absolute dyed in the wool Magpies) who swore Matty would see out his contract and request a trade to Collingwood.

Not saying it wont happen, but for the vast majority of players, old allegiances quickly get forgotten when a player joins a Club.
I was genuinely surprised that Lukosius and Rankine and even King re-signed which goes to show it’s hard to predict these things - and they had allegiances and go home factor. Also goes to show how wrong rumors can be - or out of days.

While Rowell may want to come back to the Blues, it’s also possible his mate Anderson wants to play for the Hawks one day as his old man was a premiership player for them. So it’s quite possible they come back to Victoria. But more likely they bond with the recent draftees and build a camaraderie that the Giants have.

We also may not be able to afford Rowell in 4 years time as retaining and extending contracts of premiership players can get very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Antonio BlueVein

The Prince
Aug 21, 2009
The Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton and Baghdad
Just between me, you guys and the lamp post over there our forward line will look great on paper next year.

Martin C Curnow

Betts McKay McGovern

Fingers crossed they all have a clean bill of health.

That HFF is up for grabs between Kennedy, Cunningham, Gibbons, someone else I’m surely overlooking and a resting mid.

ESKIE

Keeping it Cool.
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
With their record, not surprised they don’t welcome outsiders:
1. Never finished higher than 12th, so have never played finals
2. Never had 15,000 members in a year
3. Every previous captain has walked out on the club while still in the leadership position
4. Karmichael Hunt was their first marquee player and paid $millions
5. Received more concessions than a Queensland mining company and wasted all of them
First ever game v Blues lose by 119 points 😀 Charlie Dixon kicks their first ever goal ... another one who bailed

blueman2012

Debutant
Nov 6, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ManUtd, NthnBlues
I can barely take a breath after what must be a full lunchtime report.

Punch up at Koonung Creek at 4pm.

Bring yonnies.
Thought I recognised you as a Koonung Ck yonnie piffer - before they turned it into a freeway. Crossed that creek every day for 6 years to go to school. Some days unsuccessfully, arriving soaking wet or covered in mud.

iAsbestos

Debutant
Nov 22, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I got bit of a schoolboy crush on Maddykins (Prespakis) myself from our AFLW team myself.

And many times in the last few years, I find myself wondering if I am not just the teeniest bit in love with Paddy Cripps. I am comfortable enough to admit it 😆😆😆
Good Crippa is all mine ;)

Keyza

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No sense of humour over at the Suns board I tell ya's.....

One poster was trying to gain a ground swell, I assume regarding giving it to Jack Martin, by saying...."5th July 2020. Make sure you’re available everyone."

I wrote a reply "What, both of you?" but was too scared hit the reply button.

Great effort by Thy and Crusher and Rog1995 and Arr0w....AND...Soapy was there giving it to them both barrels as well :thumbsu::)
I will be at the game, flights and accommodation booked.
I am sure Carlton supporters will outnumber them, which is usual for their home games.
I won't let those 200 manic Suns supporters give him a hard time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jabba73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2009
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens
Jacks going to figure.... 5,000 GCS fans booing him once vs 60-80,000 Bluebaggers cheering him on for years .... Jack goes.... WTF, great deal
I call BS.

Not all GCS members are supporters, more like AFL supporters trying to keep a club alive so they can see their club play without having to travel.

There is also no way all 5,000 members all go to the one game and boo in unison. They simply aren’t up to the challenge.

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I call BS.

Not all GCS members are supporters, more like AFL supporters trying to keep a club alive so they can see their club play without having to travel.

There is also no way all 5,000 members all go to the one game and boo in unison. They simply aren’t up to the challenge.
No one will hear them over the blues fans anyhow ..they can go their hardest .

Heres Waite

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
I call BS.

This post makes me feel so sad for Fitzroy! How can we have a team like GC that no one cares about except the AFL hierarchy, and yet they let Fitzroy die!!

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
This post makes me feel so sad for Fitzroy! How can we have a team like GC that no one cares about except the AFL hierarchy, and yet they let Fitzroy die!!
Exactly..at least fans actually cared about and lovedFitzroy ..
If the afl threw money to them like they do coldtoast they'd still be breathing and loved by their fans ..
Not like the plastic club that's running around on the gold coast ffs..

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool
Exactly..at least fans actually cared about and lovedFitzroy ..
If the afl threw money to them like they do coldtoast they'd still be breathing and loved by their fans ..
Not like the plastic club that's running around on the gold coast ffs..
The only reason that the two new teams are in the comp at all is to get up the collective noses of the NRL (imo), because neither team is ever going to make a profit or have a big supporter base...........the afl are all about contrived outcomes, and wasting $$$ and picks on a team like the GC is just sheer folly when they should be trying to get a Tassie team up & running instead!!! Tasmania have been treated like a poor second cousin by the AFL, but they have always been part of the history of the VFL/AFL with the players that have come from there, and I doubt the G.C. can claim anything like that..........Gil & Shocking have their heads up their a*** so they will not budge on the G.C. I guess, so we can only hope that the Suns continue to belly flop and go the way of the dodo bird..........or the players get shipped off to Tassie eventually..........which is what I am hoping for :devil:

DamianBis

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
From a $$ perspective tassy makes 0 sense... The population of tassy is tiny, not to mention the fact that most Tasmanians already support an AFL team... Gold coast is pushing into territory that there's enough young people that hopefully in 6-7-8 years time from now there are supporters who grew up supporting them.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

HARKER

Hall of Famer
Oct 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
From a $$ perspective tassy makes 0 sense... The population of tassy is tiny, not to mention the fact that most Tasmanians already support an AFL team... Gold coast is pushing into territory that there's enough young people that hopefully in 6-7-8 years time from now there are supporters who grew up supporting them.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good point and one not touched on all too often.

Gold Coast will be tough but there's no other way than to walk into it for the long term...very long term.
Needs a generation to go by before we can really gauge whether there's something there or not.

They also need a spark and winning games and playing finals is the best spark you can have, but it's almost as though they need something else.
I just don't know what that may be though.

myblueroan

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Gold Coast will be tough but there's no other way than to walk into it for the long term...very long term.
Needs a generation to go by before we can really gauge whether there's something there or not.

They also need a spark and winning games and playing finals is the best spark you can have, but it's almost as though they need something else.
New guernsey and club song?

Jabba73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2009
Echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vixens

Has barely worked for the Lions, why throw another team into the mix and dilute the already small supporter base?

Contrived rivalry rarely ever evolves into anything meaningful.

HARKER

Hall of Famer
Oct 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Has barely worked for the Lions, why throw another team into the mix and dilute the already small supporter base?

Contrived rivalry rarely ever evolves into anything meaningful.
True. Like I said, I think something else has to come about for things to click for Gold Coast.

A surge in interest for the AFL in general?
A marketing campaign that takes off in the way the RL had many years ago?
A good team winning games and premierships?
A new generation that's somehow left behind RL and chose AFL?
More money into grass roots?
Other competitions have massive issues and we take on the windfall?

Maybe all that and more....but it does need something unnatural or at least unusual.

Top Bottom