Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s similar to what happened with Carlton, chasing more money, so they leak it, the Edmund thing seems to me like Carlton have told him not happening, hence the half apology he tweeted, maybe Carlton (weren’t impressed???), same day that happens suddenly “oh well Essendon are interested too”, then add in Buckley’s comments about money, to me it stinks of a player and manager (his dad) trying to make it seem like there is a heap of money after him to pressure Collingwood. It’s the two obvious clubs to trigger Collingwood, Carlton & Essendon. I assume Richmond and Hawthorn will be next.
Agreed.

First have to deduce if Dodo is serious about the future first as well! If it is deemed so then it would be irresponsible of our club to not
  • Report it to a mental health professional to get Dodo assessed for his own mental well being - Covid has mentally damaged a few people and we are in mental health month.
  • Report it to the AFL because * might have further engaged in a questionable scientist that might be providing the recruitment team, staff and players with another set of undocumented substances.

The more I think about it, the more I see potential in it.

Most of us are happy to split pick 7 for, say 13 & 16 from Geelong and give one for Saad. However Geelong probably doesn't do that unless we throw in our 2nd rounder too.

So the split option would end up like this:
IN: Saad, 16
OUT: 7, 27

Pick 7 for Saad and a second rounder would be:
IN: Saad, Essendon 2021 2nd rounder (probably early 20's) - they don't have a 2nd rounder this year unless they get one for Daniher/Fantasia.
OUT: 7

The latter option means this year we have pick 27 instead of 16, but we GAIN an extra 2nd rounder next year in the early 20's. If we don't think much of this draft the latter could actually end up being better for us - apparently stronger draft next year or have an extra good pick to trade. And Essendon would get their pick 7 to parade to the masses.

For Cats to trade #13 and #16 (if they lose this week) for #7, we'd need to throw in our 3rd, not our 2nd. #7 + #27 is worth more than #13 + #16

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t worry about negotiations, this is how Dodo operates. Will be these crazy demands until the final hour and then will accept fair price. He has a history of it.

We offer fair price and sooner or later (last hour of trade week) he will accept

Not too different from SOS rejecting pick 19 for Yarran - everyone knew that he'd fold and take the pick eventually, the theatrics are part of the process

How many A Grade muds are free agents and on the market this year?
No idea bro.
I'll do some resetch, but first I've got to put me jandles on and run down to the dairy with me chilly bun.
On me way beck I'll puck up some fish and chups for me tea.
After thet bro I'll have time to look et the mud situation for ya.
Cheers Stuffy 😉

As long as our recruitment team keeps Saad and his management updated I think the best strategy is to just give * and Dodo complete silent treatment until the final day of trade period. Don't even bother giving him oxygen, and with a few hours to get the deal done I'm sure he'll become a little more logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back