Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bored during lockdown. Although Shakespeare himself lived through a pandemic too.....so this one is for you!

A Litany in Time of Plague:

Rich men, trust not in wealth,
Gold cannot buy you health;
Physic himself must fade.
All things to end are made,
The plague full swift goes by;
To sign our man, a break in the bye.
  Lord, have mercy on us!

Beauty is but a flower
Which wrinkles will devour;
Brightness falls from the air;
Queens have died young and fair;
Dust hath closed katmanblue's eye.
But the Blues, next year will fly.
  Lord, have mercy on the rest of the AFL!

The match committee who didn’t pick him in the best 22 despite a long injury list and the list management team, who have supposedly offered him a 1 year deal.

SPS is a talented kid, who has been developed badly and in the end treated even worse. LoB is another.
Setterfield went backwards in a huge rate this year. That’s not a talent issue.
I wish all our talented kids all best at their new clubs and I hope they highlight our clubs in efficiencies.

Last edited:
I’ve been friends with Kingsley’s sister for about 25 years. He’s a genuine hardarse, I used to be rather scared of him.
Excellent just the sort of bloke we need as the next coach.

Kemp and Philp or Cody Weightman?

This is from an scum supporting mate in relation to Weightman last week

“Wasn't suggesting it had a influence on result. be he's a complete cheat. 36% of his goals this year from frees. Highest in the comp! He's a cheat, first instinct always to play for free, ball 2nd.

all 4 last week were from frees so he excelled himself. possibly 1 was there, possibly. But he took his cheating to new levels.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hope Kennedy gets rewarded with an upgrade back to the senior list i recon he will be right up there in the b&f especially his second half of the season
I just did a player compare on the afl page
Him against Hewitt and his averages were near all well above Hewitt

What do you mean, near all well above?

Both players have played six seasons of footy, though Hewett is 16 month older.

Hewett averages 20 games per year, Kennedy averages 10.

Hewett averages 17.74 possessions, Kennedy 15.84

Hewett averages 3.9 tackles, Kennedy 3.41

Hewett averages 8.64 contested possessions, Kennedy 6.95

Hewett averages more goals

Kennedy averages more marks.

Lastly, Hewett has played twice as many games as Kennedy, 120 vs 61, to play double the amount of games and be ahead in nearly all metrics, is a very good effort, Hewett also has played for a much better side.

I like a Kennedy, hope he gets another year or two, he deserves it, but a Hewett is a much more durable and versatile player.

Lastly, Hewett has played twice as many games as Kennedy, 120 vs 61, to play double the amount of games and be ahead in nearly all metrics, is a very good effort, Hewett also has played for a much better side.

I like a Kennedy, hope he gets another year or two, he deserves it, but a Hewett is a much more durable and versatile player.
Maybe check again mate a press on season ave not career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPS is a talented kid, who has been developed badly and in the end treated even worse. LoB is another.
Setterfield went backwards in a huge rate this year. That’s not a talent issue.
I wish all our talented kids all best at their new clubs and I hope they highlight our clubs in efficiencies.

I hope that SPS and LOB get one year extensions and along with Dow, show, they are good players who have a future, I wasn’t a Teague fan, so I hope a new coach can re ignite the fire in the belly of some of these Players.

That said, we can give every player 4-7 seasons to finally show they belong at the level, we need to get new kids and players in.

Maybe check again mate a press on season ave not career

I think going off the career averages, gives a much more accurate assessment Of a players output. Hewett gets used in various different roles, so his output fluctuates, Kennedy was played out of position most games last year.

Career stats also give a good indication of durability and consistency, rather than one good season, or in Kennedy’s case this year, a solid 13 games.

I think going off the career averages, gives a much more accurate assessment Of a players output. Hewett gets used in various different roles, so his output fluctuates, Kennedy was played out of position most games last year.

Career stats also give a good indication of durability and consistency, rather than one good season, or in Kennedy’s case this year, a solid 13 games.
Id say it more to do with Kennedy not getting a fair go his second half of season for us he would be top 2 or 3 in our b&f

The larger sample size actually helps Hewett --the games kennedy has played as a forward have a higher weighting in a smaller sample, to say nothing of the fact that it increases the weighting of games in his early career, when all young players are ineffective or inconsistent. A more accurate comparison would be to compare their latest years, or their first 60 games.

I like them both too, I hope we bring hewett in, but id like us to keep kennedy as he has shown that he can be a good option for us inside. We will still need depth in that area, and he is tracking better than setters it would seem.

Chris Scott is a long time quality coach, so how much of the topping up policy is pushed by him?

Why have his teams, who have been fantastic during the H&A season, lost 7 times in the first week of finals?

He’s a premiership coach, who took over an amazing side, but has struggled to even make the GF since.

In a few years, the Cats will look back on the last 3 years and feel they stuffed up, they were too scared to move on a coach, who was good but had got the most out of the team as he could.

So since the flag, they played in another GF and how many prelims? 4? A flag, a losing GF and 4 prelims in 10 years.

Apart from Clarkson and Hardwick, Scott is the most successful and well credentialed coach of the last decade. Hell he’s in the top handful of the past 20-30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back