Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks in and Sayers is learning what it means to be the chairman in a voluntary role. He is used to wielding power as a chairman in business - in those circumstances his colleagues have no choice and must fall in line.

As a new Blues president he has less actual power - colleagues leak, background and wield power. Yet, the sh*t stops with him and he gets the heat, and blame for every mis-step and utensil up the club makes. Steep learning curve for such an experienced businessman.

This is the most concerning post I’ve read in a while.

If you listen to the success stories of Hawthorn and Richmond, the one element they keep coming back to is the stability and unity that came from their respective boards.

We seem miles off!

A few posters seem to be making suggestions that Ross had other issues at Fremantle, but won’t say what.
If you’re going to say things like, oh was that the story with the AFLW coach and, that wasn’t the only settlement, how about you actually say what it is, because it hasn’t been mentioned in the media and I’ve never seen it mentioned here, so why the garbage rumours when it’s convenient?

2 weeks in and Sayers is learning what it means to be the chairman in a voluntary role. He is used to wielding power as a chairman in business - in those circumstances his colleagues have no choice and must fall in line.

As a new Blues president he has less actual power - colleagues leak, background and wield power. Yet, the sh*t stops with him and he gets the heat, and blame for every mis-step and utensil up the club makes. Steep learning curve for such an experienced businessman.
But he has been on the board for 8 or 9 years so would think he has seen all the manoeuvring that goes on.

A few posters seem to be making suggestions that Ross had other issues at Fremantle, but won’t say what.
If you’re going to say things like, oh was that the story with the AFLW coach and, that wasn’t the only settlement, how about you actually say what it is, because it hasn’t been mentioned in the media and I’ve never seen it mentioned here, so why the garbage rumours when it’s convenient?

Its called backgrounding

A lot of the difficulties he is currently navigating, as you put it, are of his own making. Going on frolics of his own by making promises to Lyon and pursuing Cook without first obtaining Board approval or encouragement.
As Leigh Matthews said recently about the Board, but it particularly applies to Sayers, he has no idea how to run a football club. He should go back to the money markets.
No denying he is navigating a mine field at the moment which only goes to show how toxic/poorly run the club had become. Remembering MLG was to preside to the end of the year but had to be brought forward. At no point has there been any firm confirmation Lyon was offered the job, even Ross said himself nice to be approached, see where it goes from here. Approaching BC, Chair sounding out a key hire who is regarded as best in the business. I'm not sure where the histrionics are coming from bar clearly the press / potentially sidelined 3rd parties.

the board is a shitshow?
I’d never have guessed 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never liked Big Jack, but when he was president he ran the joint with an iron fist (with his right hand man Wes). While he made some huge mistakes that came to haunt us, decisions were made quickly and there was no doubt where we were going and a clear culture (good and bad).
No, I don't wish for another JE, but I wish we had some "stronger" Presidents with a solid power base on the Board. We have not had that (maybe except for Pratt for a short while), and the constant factions on the Board for the last 20 years have been damaging.

I don't see how a guy that's been a board member for 9 years doesn't understand how it all works, the problems he will face, leaks etc. Too much just doesn't add up for this to be true! I'm shattered about ross pulling out but there must be a very good reason as to why. have we completely s**t the bed? has Clarko come back into it? too many variables right now

Jeez this is confusing, plenty of contradictory statements.

If Sayers had already promised RTB the job, what was the point of going through the whole 30-45 day process, only to end up losing him? If what OR and McLure are saying is correct, why would Sayers back-pedal on his original promise?
You must be new here. The Carlton Board have been a faction filled basket case for at least the last 20 years.

Whatever stability was assumed to be provided by not moving on Liddle and Lloyd at the same time as Teague is clearly not being delivered, which would beg the question why there isn’t a press release tomorrow announcing their removal. Whatever promises were given re: graceful exits have now surely been superseded by this malicious leaking.

whatever ‘promises’ may have been made to Lyon, they can’t have been worth much if even he recognised Clarkson was a preferred (and sought after) option. And worth even less if scrutiny of his own behaviour in previous senior coaching roles was so intolerable to him.
Para 2 above, Gold! Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back