Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the perception here is that we’re a bit of a basket case at the moment (believe the media at your risk), however…

… I think we’re ripe to beat Richmond rd 1 next season.

I reckon it’ll be a barometer… and I also reckon we’ll beat them. How good would that be?

You're allowed to travel beyond 5km for authorized work, so it depends entirely on whether this would fall into that category.

My guess would be yes, as there would be players who have travelled further than 5km on game day throughout the year.
professional or high-performance sportsperson, workers that support the safe running of that person’s professional sport, and public broadcast personnel necessary for broadcasting the professional sport; or

Do people really think clarko won’t be able to travel?? He can walk up to about any sporting organisation world wide and get a job there so he will be on a working vacation. People holding onto the pandemic as a reason for him not to travel are kidding themselves. He’ll get around whatever hurdles are in his way to make it happen. On top of that, most countries are out of lockdown and basically open as long as they’re vaccinated. He said he wants to travel and take a break from footy and I believe him.

This doesn’t sound right. I’m outside of Australia (in NYC) and things are pretty much normal and people traveling and flights are full etc. You can watch Broadway shows, go out for dinner, go to sports stadiums etc. Friends are traveling to Europe for vacations etc. I’ve been doing work trips across the country. Either Clarkson has absolutely no idea what’s going on outside of Australia or this statement is false.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mandatory 14 day quarantine when returning to Australia and also Level 4 Advice level (Do not travel) here in Australia, which also negates your Travel insurance.

Mandatory 14 day quarantine when returning to Australia and also Level 4 Advice level (Do not travel) here in Australia, which also negates your Travel insurance.
Doesn’t matter, especially if you have a visa elsewhere - which he could get.

One of my guys just resigned and is moving to Canada. No problems at all for him.

I know the perception here is that we’re a bit of a basket case at the moment (believe the media at your risk), however…

… I think we’re ripe to beat Richmond rd 1 next season.

I reckon it’ll be a barometer… and I also reckon we’ll beat them. How good would that be?
Richmond were ordinary this season. It is not much of a step up to beat them first round next season.
I'd be upset if we could not put them away, round one , next season no matter what coach we have.
Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow and Jack Silvagni as the three marking targets up forward would be too much for Richmond imo.
I'd be way more excited if we can beat teams up top this season like Melbourne and Dogs. Then I'd know we finally improving where we should be.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just changing tac for a moment…one bloke who I reckon would be great in some sort of coaching capacity when he finishes up as a player, maybe senior assistant, is Zac Tuohy. Heard a couple of interviews after the game this week and he’s very impressive and knows a lot about the game. Gives proper answers when asked about tactics and movements in the game.

Is an absolute FIGJAM flog.

We should stick to our no dickheads rule.

The answer to that is hugely complicated, as SOS was flipping picks and doing deals like crazy.

Directly, we got Billie Smedts and Pat Kerr from it. We turned the 1st we got off them into other picks from the Doggies, landing us TDK, Kennedy (trade) and later helping facilitate the McGovern trade.

Kennedy, TDK and LOB were from the Gibbs trade - pick ten on LoB, pick 16 changed into two later picks for TDK and Kennedy.

Pretty sure the Tuohy trade netted the picks for Marchbank and Pickett.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You remember rocky 4 when rock goes up into the hills to train for drago so he can turn back time -- well Clarko is in a secret training camp so he can come out and do the time trial first day back at training like he did when he started his coaching career at hawks that's how invested he is 😂😂😂 he said he doesn't want the job let it play out -- happy the club is staying quiet and not jumping for press conferences to give a running commentary for the last 5 months

The only way we pull any of this off will be copping significant soft cap tax for many, many years. I'm fine with that though. Let's see how the AFL respond. Changing the rules without notice is pretty standard for them.
AFL are considering implementing a set proportion of the head coaches salary to sit outside the cap instead of raising the overall cap -- reducing the cap has been a way to streamline clubs support staff to reduce running costs as they couldn't sustain the current budgets league wide with or without COVID..

Geez this will literally look like I’m jumping on other peoples coattails but my one and only source who moves around AFL circles (not CFC mind you) told me Clarkson would be announced as coach tomorrow between 10am-11am also said CFC are negotiating with Hawks to pay half what they owe Clarkson …. now I’m calling BS and don’t for one second believe any of it …… and he wouldn’t give me the source (again not CFC) but said he would tomorrow when the news broke.

Take it as you like just passing on what he said and like I said he is my one and only source with anything to do with AFL.

#Bluemour

I've set my alarm and pre-ordered an Uber eats feast to arrive at 10am tomorrow (also "I Love Clarko" and "Make my 17th!" custom navy blue t- shirts have been ordered). Excited 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back