Bluemour 'Silly Season' In Full Swing XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes sense re: Hollands. The fact that he never requested a trade suggests he wasnt desperate to leave and it was more being driven by us and gc. Any idea what we sold him on?
Did we tell him to play a bit within himself so that he can get to play at the greatest club in the land? Wouldnt be the first player.

No.
If Dow goes out, there are 4 spots.
Hollands in would make it 3.

We've already brought in Cincotta and O'Keefe and 1 Irish.
So you are factoring in the, as yet, unannounced rookie upgrade.

Yes, Cincotta and O’Keeffe were over and above list quota replacing LTI players. The departure of Ed and LOB offsets them. Adding Irish rookie leaves us one over quota, demanding that we upgrade one rookie.

Main list of Plowman, Philp, Honey, Fisher and (in time) Dow. 5 spots.

Hollands in makes it four.

One (at least) has to be a rookie upgrade.

Leaves three spots to potentially take to the draft.

While we could use them all, my best guess is that we upgrade a second rookie, making future management significantly easier and add another player in the rookie draft/SSP period. Remains to be seen if that would be Soapy’s experienced depth or a young, developing player.

Billing’s is not made for finals. At 28 if he was going to he would have. I would rather have kept LOB (I think it is bad not to honour deals). Aside from one day out against Carlton where he kicked them from everywhere he struggles to execute. He is that guy who looks ama zing in the nets but can make runs

I think he's a cream player / the cherry on top who has been expected to do far more than he's capable of. Would look good in a premiership caliber team if he wasn't on too much coin snd didn't have the responsibility resting on him and was healthy

We've seen lesser yet similar players do very well in premiership teams. Just don't make him the important player in the system. That's where he falls short.

I think he's a cream player / the cherry on top who has been expected to do far more than he's capable of. Would look good in a premiership caliber team if he wasn't on too much coin snd didn't have the responsibility resting on him and was healthy

We've seen lesser yet similar players do very well in premiership teams. Just don't make him the important player in the system. That's where he falls short.
As long as that top team is not a kick down in a final and needs to perform under pressure. In his best year he was going at about 25% at goals ( if you take out his day out against us). I don’t think he is that Ryan Houlahan type we could use.

He hates Carlton now. I used to love him with all my heart. Now: Quite frankly: * him.

He has narcissistic personality disorder. His continual re-recruitment of players when he moves to the next club is more than just comical, it’s sad. He cannot admit when he’s wrong, ever. He is getting worse as he gets older. He will have no club to go to when he is discarded by the Saints in a few years and will die a clubless sad grumpy old man.

His bitterness toward Carlton couldn’t be any clearer.

It’s fine. Be that way. And get ****ed.
where does this vicious, vindictive rubbish even come from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the rumoured trade is our Pick 26 for Hollands and Pick 38.

That 38 will come in on the draft night to 33 or 32 as GC relinquish 5 picks and probably Hawthorn 1. And our 26 will come in to 25 when GC relinquish 1 pick.

So basically the deal will be our 25 for Hollands and 32.

Which means so far it will be Fisher + 17 for Hollands + 21 + 32.

That 38 will come in on the draft night to 33 or 32 as GC relinquish 5 picks and probably Hawthorn 1. And our 26 will come in to 25 when GC relinquish 1 pick.

I’m gunna say that looks ok before the trade nerds come in and tell us how *in terrible it is.

Just in terms of draft value 26 for 38 + Hollands would value him at pick 51. However, as you say 38 would likely come into ~32-33 which would in reality value Hollands at ~60 based on draft points differential. A massive win if it eventuates but I do find it a bit hard to believe that GC would let him go that cheaply.

Last edited:
Very happy with Hollands on the cheap I think we will get he best out of him too, was he a Carlton supporter too?

Billings like someone mentioned above is a cream player and is a type we need, due diligence needed on his injury history but for the right price he could flourish in a new environment.

Wicks has been mentioned but would be be over stocked of this type if we got the 2 names mentioned above?

Hopefully we are still in plans to trade up to a higher pick. Lots to play out over the next 2 days.

Way too much IMO for a guy with injury issues and can't get a game up there.

Gold Coast don't seem to rate him.

Don't think he is even close to an Acres (I know different positions) and we had to give up nothing like the above
for him.

Keep our powder dry and seek better options IMO.

Me too. Hope he’s one of the 2 vets we‘re supposedly looking at. Maybe Dow for pick 56 which goes to SYD. Dow for Wicks I’d be happy with. The Billings talk is Hyperbole I reckon.
He was playing for the Swans consistently in the back half of 2023 and they didn't really bring in anyone in that position. Would surprise me if they didn't re-sign him

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back