Bluemour 'Silly Season' In Full Swing XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping we have a forward line mix of Harry, Charlie, Martin, Motlop, Hollands, Richie and SOS. If they end up being the mix there will be enough marking power, skill and explosiveness to cause havoc.
2 talls
2 mid-sized marking targets
1 small
2 high HF

I like it.

The focus of your response to me was on the trade value. "A pick in the 50's", "not a sheep station". Then asking me who I would select with that pick instead.

Those points are all totally irrelevant to the post of mine you responded to. I didn't think it was unreasonable of the (or any) poster to express some doubts about the bona fides of EH at senior level thus far. He was told he was "using hooch" for daring to have a different opinion to most. That type of posting shits me, so I went in to bat for him/her.
I appreciate you saying something to be honest as well as not assuming I'm a he as I'm a she. 🙌

In my opinion critism or feedback of a posters opinion is fine as long as it's constructive and not purely insulting conjecture to try and one up someone

Okay

So you have no concerns with us trading in Hollands, just took issue the way someone responded to another poster

But then, poster is in their right to have concerns

Is it okay that some of us don't have concerns with that trade?
No, yes.

Not sure which poster you are referring to.

Yes, as I am in that category. Pointing out that the guy hasn't done a whole lot at AFL level is fact. That doesn't mean it isn't a smart trade from a risk/reward perspective, because as we have discussed, the cost is low.

Will be hard to prove as in intentional, Saad got a two year ban for consuming the energy drink didn’t he?
The article quotes
"Also, a suspension could be reduced to one month if the ‘’athlete completes a Substance of Abuse treatment program approved by AFL’’.

Wouldn't the club go the substance of abuse angle, put him into a program and he is back after a month.

That sounds too easy must be more to it.

I appreciate you saying something to be honest as well as not assuming I'm a he as I'm a she. 🙌

In my opinion criticism or feedback of a posters opinion is fine as long as it's constructive and not purely insulting conjecture to try and one up someone
this is very important to me also..........

No, yes.

Not sure which poster you are referring to.

Yes, as I am in that category. Pointing out that the guy hasn't done a whole lot at AFL level is fact. That doesn't mean it isn't a smart trade from a risk/reward perspective, because as we have discussed, the cost is low.

Hasn't done alot when played out of position, which is also fact

But as we all know, the cost is low

Another discussion point is, should we have chased Hollands, and if not what would the viable alternatives have been

In my opinion critism or feedback of a posters opinion is fine as long as it's constructive and not purely insulting conjecture to try and one up someone
What I find frustrating, is when 9 out 10 people think the same way and the tenth goes against the tide. I like to read the tenth persons perspective, rather than the same group-think repeated.

What tends to happen is, some of the 9 will then try and denigrate the dissenters opinion in a non-football sense (or at least in a non-proven football sense) as if weight of numbers is right.

What you said re EH was perfectly valid. All of us want every incoming player to succeed, but there is certainly reasonable grounds for some doubt on exposed AFL performance.

Hasn't done alot when played out of position, which is also fact

But as we all know, the cost is low

Another discussion point is, should we have chased Hollands, and if not what would the viable alternatives have been
I'm not sure why he couldn't push a Holman type out of the forward line and then get some mid rotations. Flanders was obviously getting pissed off with lack of mid opportunity and we were apparently keen on him until Dew left and he got more of a go.

Hollands is exactly the type of player that we should have chased. Talented, and not getting a go in a side where the talent is unevenly spread. That doesn't mean that every poster has to fall in to line with the "in our best 22, plays round 1" thinking. FWIW I have no idea whether he will or not.

Has there been any murmur or mention anywhere on the release date of the 2024 fixture?
nothing yet except geelong begin the season with the usual 32/36 premiership points after playing crap opposition at the litter tray......

The article quotes
"Also, a suspension could be reduced to one month if the ‘’athlete completes a Substance of Abuse treatment program approved by AFL’’.

Wouldn't the club go the substance of abuse angle, put him into a program and he is back after a month.

That sounds too easy must be more to it.
Not sure ASADA/WADA would care. He tested positive on game day, for them it's usually a clear-cut

Big 'Dell got 2 years for the same thing, imposed by WADA, resulting in the ARU sacking him mid-contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure why he couldn't push a Holman type out of the forward line and then get some mid rotations. Flanders was obviously getting pissed off with lack of mid opportunity and we were apparently keen on him until Dew left and he got more of a go.

Hollands is exactly the type of player that we should have chased. Talented, and not getting a go in a side where the talent is unevenly spread. That doesn't mean that every poster has to fall in to line with the "in our best 22, plays round 1" thinking. FWIW I have no idea whether he will or not.

I believe one shouldn't change their opinion unless further and or overwhelming evidence arises

Many believe he is best 22, others don't and that's fine

But for me, whether it's Hollands who is still very young, or a draftee taken with that pick, why should anyone be concerned?

I just don't get that mindset

Anyway, looking forward to our other acquisitions

this is very important to me also..........
Is it tho.........🤔😬😀

In fairness 95% of your posts I think have actually constructive feedback/critism to them so I have no issues with what you said. It was other particular posters

And if your referencing my comment about assumptions well I can't speak for you in that regard

Is it tho.........🤔😬😀

In fairness 95% of your posts I think have actually constructive feedback/critism to them so I have no issues with what you said. It was other particular posters

And if your referencing my comment about assumptions well I can't speak for you in that regard
new posters are the lifeblood of any forum - I welcome and celebrate your opendmindedness, your sense of fairness, your efforts to maintain a balanced perspective whilst all around is raging fire and falling masonry......

Finals breakthrough aside, the most pleasing part of the new year, new Carlton era is we no longer have to deal with rumours of players behaving badly or club/board unrest

Brian Cook has been amazing with the later, whilst I credit the former a lot to former coach Brendon Bolton..

homer-thesimpsons.gif

I honestly feel Bolts and his time at the club has been underrated by many, with regards to the introduction of stringent discipline and standards for our playing group.

The Cheese Platter Dees are seemingly imploding with off field antics and unsavoury shenanigans (allegedly led by their coach)

Melbourne should have won at least.2-3 flags with the talent/list they had in the last 5 years, but due to said undisciplined culture, they are perhaps only have their 2021 triumph to show for it

Footy's a funny game

Finals breakthrough aside, the most pleasing part of the new year, new Carlton era is we no longer have to deal with rumours of players behaving badly or club/board unrest

Brian Cook has been amazing with the later, whilst I credit the former a lot to former coach Brendon Bolton..

homer-thesimpsons.gif

I honestly feel Bolts and his time at the club has been underrated by many, with regards to the introduction of stringent discipline and standards for our playing group.

The Cheese Platter Dees are seemingly imploding with off field antics and unsavoury shenanigans (allegedly led by their coach)

Melbourne should have won at least.2-3 flags with the talent/list they had in the last 5 years, but due to said undisciplined culture, they are perhaps only have their 2021 triumph to show for it

Footy's a funny game

He’s been amazing in general, the jolt this club needed. Came on a 3 year contract so he should be leaving after the 2024 season. I hope we get his replacement right.

Last edited:

I think for what is available he was the best option especially when I think HF was the area we needed to address. I would have liked a bit more speed but there wasn't really available. Liam Henry might have been an option if we could convince him

But for me, whether it's Hollands who is still very young, or a draftee taken with that pick, why should anyone be concerned?

I just don't get that mindset
Concerned no, hesitations I don't think are an issue.

What I find frustrating, is when 9 out 10 people think the same way and the tenth goes against the tide. I like to read the tenth persons perspective, rather than the same group-think repeated.

What tends to happen is, some of the 9 will then try and denigrate the dissenters opinion in a non-football sense (or at least in a non-proven football sense) as if weight of numbers is right.

What you said re EH was perfectly valid. All of us want every incoming player to succeed, but there is certainly reasonable grounds for some doubt on exposed AFL performance.
A mountain has been made out of a molehill. 4thgranny (?) did not denigrate WG's opinion, rather that they quoted stats on the VFL GF game, and it had been suggested that they watch the game. To see the attributes that were in discussion.

He’s been amazing I’m general, the jolt this club needed. Came on a 3 year contract so he should be leaving after the 2024 season. I hope we get his replacement right.

Absolutely No doubt..Cookie is a gem.

However I still firmly believe BB played a significant role in changing the culture and discipline of our playing group for the better, even if the on field results didn't show it.

Takes longer than people realize to fix a broken club culture imo (from a player behaviour perspective first and foremost)

Cook did the same thing at Geelong (with the player and culture changes) would love him to be here until the end of 2010 if possible.

Everybody

Good luck with that - that's the MO of half the long-termers on here.

Everybody

Good luck with that - that's the MO of half the long-termers on here.
the other half are sacking the coach, players & most of the club staff - then bleating 'poor me' when people turn the torch onto them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back